Mahomes will be a superstar......better grab him b@tches!

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, of course. 

But positional importance is a different argument.

At the time, I wanted Watson

Watson would have been eaten up as a Jet.  Almost certainly injured beyond repair at this point.

I think Mahomes is the type of player that would have overcome a lot.  Def. wouldn't be an MVP but wouldn't be Sam either.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, apparently I should start taking @HighPitch more seriously.

In fairness to me, Im 2/2.

back in the ji days I made a similar bold claim that caught flack.

It was right before the season opener. Dewayne robertson was our 1st round pick.

For the first time in my life, I realized there was not 1 mention of the bowling ball with a butcher knife. All summer long. Nothing.

imagine we drafted lawrence. Training camps starts. You expected to read something in newsday like “robertson quick to the ball” or some other god forsaken bull shyt newsday would write. But nothing.

So right before the season opener i started this thread about dewayne being a bust. I got hammered.

Well we know how that turned out

• Upvote 1

I'm crazed for ACC Football so as an FSU fan I figured Watson was the best QB prospect coming out out of Clemson off of back to back National Championship Game appearances etc 

I myself personally didn't have an opinion on Patrick Mahomes coming out (whatsoever) only because I never watched him play while @ Texas Tech and didn't scout him throughout the off-season etc

But come on.

Fans are actually bragging about being right about Mahomes while acting as if they're now some type of QB gurus @ the same time?

All because they liked a player who ended up being selected top 10 overall?

Big deal. 

And now they're giving themselves credit over a player who was literally listed within every single experts 1st round mock draft's? 

1263975361_tenor(10).gif.74f44761975a50e347540ed85a8417d4.gif

Let's stop acting and pretending as if these guys predicted Tom Brady's future greatness while scouting a diamond in the rough type of 6th round draft pick...

Getting a top 10 pick right doesn't impress me.

Which 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounders did they have their golden eyes on? ?

• Of course I'm just giving these Mahomes fans a hard time but nonetheless let's stop acting like they've scouted Mark Brunell (5th rounder), Rich Gannon (4th rounder), Roger Staubach (10th round) or lol Bart Starr (17th rounder) etc etc

he was a TOP-10 PICK for crying out loud...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

October 2016 this was Mahomes draft projection!  Hmmmmm what else happened around that same time ?

But let’s be the guy who jumps on the Lawrence bandwagon in 2020 when everyone and their mother was already on the bandwagon in 2015 ???????????

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

those were pretty hot cars in the day when they had the duster option with the 340 engine and 4 speed manual.  imagine taking the 340 and adding electronic fuel injection.  much better.

No can do. Good call on the 340. I love the 340, my favorite Mopar engine,  but the whole club is carbs only, not even throttle body FI.  Every club car is pre-74. 

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm crazed for ACC Football so as an FSU fan I figured Watson was the best QB prospect coming out out of Clemson off of back to back National Championship Game appearances etc 

I myself personally didn't have an opinion on Patrick Mahomes coming out (whatsoever) only because I never watched him play while @ Texas Tech and didn't scout him throughout the off-season etc

But come on.

Fans are actually bragging about being right about Mahomes while acting as if they're now some type of QB gurus @ the same time?

Big deal. 

And now they're giving themselves credit over a player who was literally listed within every single experts 1st round mock draft's? 

Let's stop acting and pretending as if these guys predicted Tom Brady's future greatness while scouting a diamond in the rough type of 6th round draft pick...

• Of course I'm just giving these Mahomes fans a hard time but nonetheless let's stop acting like they've scouted Mark Brunell (5th rounder), Rich Gannon (4th rounder), Roger Staubach (10th round) or lol Bart Starr (17th rounder) etc etc

This is a very hypocritical post. And wrong. Mahomes was not the guy most thought was going to be great. 

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

October 2016 this was Mahomes draft projection!  Hmmmmm what else happened around that same time ?

But let’s be the guy who jumps on the Lawrence bandwagon in 2020 when everyone and their mother was already on the bandwagon in 2015 ???????????

Exacto

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Still wanted Watson but this is thread that convinced me it had to be one of the 2 but you know, we the Hackenator!!!!

As terrific as Mahomes is it’s important to remember the Chiefs are absolutely loaded and have world class coaching.  That’s not a dig at Mahomes.  I give credit to the Chiefs are successfully building a great team around their franchise QB.  We failed to do that before.  Hopefully we do right this time if we land Trevor 

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

In fairness to me, Im 2/2.

back in the ji days I made a similar bold claim that caught flack.

It was right before the season opener. Dewayne robertson was our 1st round pick.

For the first time in my life, I realized there was not 1 mention of the bowling ball with a butcher knife. All summer long. Nothing.

imagine we drafted lawrence. Training camps starts. You expected to read something in newsday like “robertson quick to the ball” or some other god forsaken bull shyt newsday would write. But nothing.

So right before the season opener i started this thread about dewayne being a bust. I got hammered.

Well we know how that turned out

What did you think of Sam?

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Still wanted Watson but this is thread that convinced me it had to be one of the 2 but you know, we the Hackenator!!!!

I wanted Watson. Couldn't believe we passed because we drafted a guy in the 2nd round that his own college coach passed on? Macc Daddy. 

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But come on.

Big deal. 

Dont be jelly

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Lol unlike what defense wins championships says, im not claiming to be a guru.

i had no strong feelings on sam. I had them for mahomes and robertson

I'm just busting the chops of you Mahomes fans; it was a great pick (just having fun with you guys). 

But don't sleep on Watson.

I believe he's a better QB than Mahomes (pound for pound) because he has the #3 All-Time QB Rating (All-Time) despite not having Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ O-Line, Andy Reid and a Chiefs team who made 4 playoff appearances with 5 consecutive winning seasons (before Mahomes ever became their starter). 

I couldn't IMAGINE Watson on KC and I also believe Watson would've been a better JET than Mahomes. 

Emmitt Smith was surrounded by so much more talent than Barry Sanders but I'll never consider Smith a better RB than #20 (my feelings about Watson/Mahomes). 

15 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Lol unlike what defense wins championships says, im not claiming to be a guru.

i had no strong feelings on sam. I had them for mahomes and robertson

incredible post. your like Nostradamus.

you got to be careful with your pics now. you dont want to ruin the Legend.

any QBs you got feelings for this draft? 

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm just busting the chops of you Mahomes fans; it was a great pick (just having fun with you guys). 

I believe he's a better QB than Mahomes (pound for pound) because he has the #3 All-Time QB Rating (All-Time) despite not having Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ O-Line, Andy Reid and a Chiefs team who made 4 playoff appearances with 5 consecutive winning seasons (before Mahomes ever became their starter). 

I couldn't IMAGINE Watson on KC and I also believe Watson would've been a better JET than Mahomes. 

Emmitt Smith was surrounded by so much more talent than Barry Sanders but I'll never consider Smith a better RB than #20 (my feelings about Watson/Mahomes). 

Alex Smith thrived on KC so I’m sure Watson would be great there but I think Mahomes has him beat on arm talent. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

So we skipped both Patrick HOF In his third year Maholmes and Watson for a Strong Safety who’s not on the team any more, because Maccagnan drafted Christian Hackensack Geez.

Mac didn’t realize what a bust Hackenberg was till the 2017 season. I knew back then that the Jets were not going to draft a QB with a high pick in the 2017 draft.  It shows what a disaster picking Hackenberg in the 2nd round in 2016 was!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Elite QBs in their supposed primes don’t let their teams go 4-9 in the second worst division in football. Watson is not on Mahomes universe.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

So we skipped both Patrick HOF In his third year Maholmes and Watson for a Strong Safety who’s not on the team any more, because Maccagnan drafted Christian Hackensack Geez.

And that same Jamal Adams not only made an All-Rookie selection, multiple Pro-Bowls, Multiple All-Pro sections, had Jerry Jones begging us for him with a 17th overall draft pick but also netted us a Khalil Mack type of haul with two 1st round picks + a 3rd from an awesome Seattle Franchise. 

Trevor Lawrence (our NYJ pick). 

2021 1st round pick (Seattle/Jamal). 

2021 3rd round pick (Seattle/Jamal). 

2022 1st round pick (Seattle/Jamal). 

Might even work out for the best!

It's just too bad we drafted Marcus Maye over Dalvin Cook (who went to Minnesota only two picks later) because unlike with Jamal Adams; no NFL front office will offer us a 17th overall pick and/or a Khalil Mack type of draft haul package for.... Marcus Maye. 

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

When someone has to tell you how good they are in identifying talent, they probably aren't.

Shout ou to @HighPitch here as he is not trumpeting himself, nor goes around telling people he was right. School teachers rock.

Thats right thanks. 

Watching mahomes was like seeing hendrix or van halen for the first time. Clearly a god. 

but a lot of guitar snobs thought they sucked. Wait. Thats not true no guitar fans thought they sucked nevermind

• Haha 1