Mahomes will be a superstar......better grab him b@tches!

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Now you have made me angry, I owned a 74 dodge dart sport.  I basically gave it away to a coworker years back (I think for $150) because I had to move and it was not running.  It was a great car that I would love to have today, and just selling it as it was when I owned it would be worth at least 10 grand maybe more.

Okay I am not angry , just sad.

ooh my late uncle had one in FL .. green with white velour bucket seats.
i thought it was so cool. now that i think of it.. jets colors for sure !
but he was a nyg fan lol. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Now you have made me angry, I owned a 74 dodge dart sport.  I basically gave it away to a coworker years back (I think for $150) because I had to move and it was not running.  It was a great car that I would love to have today, and just selling it as it was when I owned it would be worth at least 10 grand maybe more.

Okay I am not angry , just sad.

Trust me it would be more, depending on the mill. I bought a 70 Dart Swinger last Sept. (2019) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

You can make an educated guess that a QB will be more impactful than a safety. The Jets taking Adams over Mahomes or Watson was like putting a Rolls Royce hood ornament of a 1972 Dodge Dart. 

Oh, of course. 

But positional importance is a different argument.

At the time, I wanted Watson

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My car was just like this:  (225 slant six)

'74_Dodge_Dart_Sport_(Cruisin'_At_The_Bo

Cool, if only we had known then what we know now. Mine has the bigger (225) slant six too. Either I'm dropping in a bored out 318 or hot rodding the 6 with an new Edlebrock manifold under a Carter 4 bbl. Lots of hot rods and open wheelers in my car club, Hooliganz CC. 

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Cool, if only we had known then what we know now. Mine has the bigger (225) slant six too. Either I'm dropping in a bored out 318 or hot rodding the 6 with an new Edlebrock manifold under a Carter 4 bbl. Lots of hot rods and open wheelers in my car club, Hooliganz CC. 

Keep the slant 6 dude, that's just an awesome motor

On 4/25/2017 at 8:42 PM, HighPitch said:

I've watched every YouTube reel on him and what's the issue here?

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

he makes touchdowns out of blown plays

open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

Rarely do I push posts up but this needs to bumped because so many keep saying no one "KNEW" that Mahomes was any good...

Thank you!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

*Nervously goes through thread making sure I didn’t post anything that now looks stupid*

I usually know if i am doomed or not before the necro.  I knew i was doomed in this thread, I usually know I look great in any Gase hire, or draft of Darron Lee or Hackenburg thread.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

those were pretty hot cars in the day when they had the duster option with the 340 engine and 4 speed manual.  imagine taking the 340 and adding electronic fuel injection.  much better.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wish jets hired you instead of Macc

I didnt realize you resurrected a post from the past. Yep I remember this now clearly.

i knew the jets would blow it

so the lesson to be learned here is 

1. stop comparing guys. Just because there are some similarities doesnt mean their fates will be identical ( like the jets/usc thing, maybe the next usc qb wins the sb)

2. dont look down on smaller programs

3. when highpitch REALLY believes in something, you believe too.

4. Highlight reels and other research can be good enough

5. always buy highpitch drinks

6. mogglez Talks a ton of smack

7. allman brothers rule

8. evinrude/johnson always before mercury

9. there is no such thing as bad luck or a curse. Its bad desicions.

10. Rabbit is the tastiest meat

On 4/26/2017 at 8:18 AM, The Crusher said:

Player | School | Height | Weight | Hand 
C.J. Beathard, Iowa, 6-3, 219, 9 3/8 
Josh Dobbs, Tennessee, 6-3, 216, 9 1/4 
Jerod Evans, Virginia Tech, 6-3, 232, 9 3/8 
Brad Kaaya, Miami, 6-4, 214, 9 3/4 
Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame, 6-4, 233, 9 7/8 
Trevor Knight, Texas A&M, 6-1, 219, 9 7/8 
Mitch Leidner, Minnesota, 6-3, 226, 10 
Sefo Liufau, Colorado, 6-3, 232, 10 3/4 
Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech, 6-2, 225, 9 1/4 
Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh, 6-3, 226, 9 7/8

Not sure what the lower limit is but he does seem to have somewhat dainty hands compared to others 

Like small hands makes a difference.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:04 AM, JiF said:

I was watching someone breakdown Mahomes tape the other day.  While it's really hard to watch any form of Big 12 Football, it was even harder watching all the terrible tendencies that Mahomes has...like holy sh*t is this kid a project.  He rarely does anything right from a mechanics standpoint and makes up for it with that ridiculous arm talent. Like legit, he has some of the worst tendencies I've ever seen for a projected 1st round QB.  

That's not to say he cant overcome those issues but my fear with guys like him with that type of insane arm talent and athleticism, is that when the ball is snapped, everything he's been taught is out the window and he's going back to his school yard ways.

Sure, his arm is sexy as hell but sexy arms mean very little when everything else is completely broken.  The team that takes him better have patience. 

His arm and his game is sexy as hell.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I didnt realize you resurrected a post from the past. Yep I remember this now clearly.

i knew the jets would blow it

so the lesson to be learned here is 

1. stop comparing guys. Just because there are some similarities doesnt mean their fates will be identical ( like the jets/usc thing, maybe the next usc qb wins the sb)

2. dont look down on smaller programs

3. when highpitch REALLY believes in something, you believe too.

4. Highlight reels and other research can be good enough

5. always buy highpitch drinks

6. mogglez Talks a ton of smack

7. allman brothers rule

8. evinrude/johnson always before mercury

9. there is no such thing as bad luck or a curse. Its bad desicions.

10. Rabbit is the tastiest meat

Don’t just stop

42 minutes ago, Vader said:

Ha!!! That’s actually hilarious 

It was Opposite Day! You meant the opposite of course lol. People need to not take all this stuff so personally. I’ve had my big wins (Lamar Jackson) and and big losses (Rosen will be great...bahahaha, and Josh Allen will be awful...still on the fence here, I want to see more than one season but to be fair I would have never seen even putting one season like this together and I think his floor will be way higher than I imagined)

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

It wasn't that hard. 

We picked sixth.  We desperately needed a QB.  There they were - 2 QB prospects sitting right there at 6.  Take one. 

Macc overthunk it.

No he did not overthinking anything, he felt we did not need a Qb because he had picked Hackenburg the year before.

We passed on Watson and mahommes because we picked hackenburg, that is just how terrible this guy was as a gm