Start Petty Next Week vs Dolphins

Maxman

Thanks McCown. Great effort.

The offensive line had some moments today. The team is coming home for the opener. McCown can share his knowledge from the sidelines. The season is off to a disgusting start.

McGuire looks good. The OLine has some potential.

They should start Petty next week and just evaluate all the kids.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The offensive line had some moments today. The team is coming home for the opener. McCown can share his knowledge from the sidelines. The season is off to a disgusting start.

Unfortunately we wont start Petty until we are mathematically eliminated. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's not even playing him in garbage time during a blowout. And don't forget how he refused to budge on Fitz last year.

And not only is Petty not playing next week, but he'll confirm McCown as the starter as soon as this is over. This is Bowles. Get used to it.

Yeah, that has been the history. I am hoping it will change, but if not Bowles will get fired. So it is probably win \ win either way.

The O-line broke down in the 2nd half. And almost got McCown killed even though he was mobile and gained important yards. A good org doesn't go into any season without bringing in good offensive linemen. And this includes depth. I give McCown the next two games and think he could maybe beat Miami. But not if the defense is going to give up 50 yard running plays. And the Fins have a good running back who can run up big yards. 

I'd start Petty next week as well. One of two things may happen, he either shows enough to warrant giving him a look next year or he shows you that you need to draft a QB next year. Put him out there now and give him a sizable amount of games to evaluate him. 

51 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not yet Max, 2 more weeks to get this OL working together and then turn it over to Petty . The  young NYJets are improving, and quietly, the Jets may have found themselves an OC who can game plan .

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If he wouldn't start Petty doing this disaster...what makes you guys think he'll get the nod next week? I wish he damn well would...but I always wish Todd Bowles was fired today so hey..can't have everything you wish for.

If the Jets start Petty before this OL gels, he's going to be on the shelf within weeks . Petty is a down the field thrower and he will get himself hurt waiting for receivers to come open before letting the ball go. 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If the Jets start Petty before this OL gels, he's going to be on the shelf within weeks . Petty is a down the field thrower and he will get himself hurt waiting for receivers to come open before letting the ball go. 

You make a decent point..but Tin..these dink and dunk 3 and out drives over and over again..they get old fast. Over 20 passes made and only 100 yards to show for it. It's like he knows this offense doesn't stand a chance pushing the ball down the field against any D in this league but he's silently alright with it. It pisses me off.

59 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not just Petty.   Play all the kids.   In garbage time, the jets were playing McCown, Forte, Kerley, Kearse...   The jets drafted 2 WRs who got no targets today after an ok showing the week before.

Just now, Dinamite said:

Not just Petty.   Play all the kids.   In garbage time, the jets were playing McCown, Forte, Kerley, Kearse...   The jets drafted 2 WRs who got no targets today after an ok showing the week before.

Right. This was suppose to be the only damn exciting part about this year is seeing the kids for the majority of these piss poor games. And now thanks to Bowles idiocy we don't even get THAT.

There's no reason to bench McCown when this Kacey Rogers defense can't stop anyone.

Sticking with Fitz was different..  he was playing abysmal ball.  Josh is actually playing quite well when you look at how the last few weeks have unfolded. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

There's no reason to bench McCown when this Kacey Rogers defense can't stop anyone.

Sticking with Fitz was different..  he was playing abysmal ball.  Josh is actually playing quite well when you look at how the last few weeks have unfolded. 

McCown is inconsequential to the team with the way he plays. He's throwing for like 5 ypc. He may look decent but his performance has little impact on the game. It's really weird 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

McCown is inconsequential to the team with the way he plays. He's throwing for like 5 ypc. He may look decent but his performance has little impact on the game. It's really weird 

His best receiver got here 2 weeks ago and a huge piece of the puzzle hasn't even played yet.  I think Jenkins and McCown will have some really nice games but once we get to 8 losses it will be Petty time.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You make a decent point..but Tin..these dink and dunk 3 and out drives over and over again..they get old fast. Over 20 passes made and only 100 yards to show for it. It's like he knows this offense doesn't stand a chance pushing the ball down the field against any D in this league but he's silently alright with it. It pisses me off.

The Jets are trying t get kids who have no pro starting experience or very little experience . You can't do that without having someone to put them n the proper position and showing them what it takes and how it's done . The OL played better this week and the reason it did was because the OC made an adjustment to help the run blocking and the pass blocking while McCown got them lined up right and kept them from delay of game penalties by calling some timeouts . 

This is a young team, but it has a lot of talented players who are learning . Crabtree took the kid CB to school today, but it was good experience for him seeing how a veteran receiver works . With a team like this, you look for improvements, and there were many . You either acknowledge the type of team you have and where it is after 2 games or you criticize every play and every decision because it makes you somehow important to the sheep that follow you . 

How can you say the Jets have the worst roster in the league and then complain after a game like this  ?  You take the positives out of games like this .

34 minutes ago, Pac said:

What is the reason for sticking with McCown if Rodgers' defense can't stop anyone? 

Do we need to get McCown, Forte, and Kerley game experience so they'll be more prepared for 2018?

37 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I agree with you, but regarding the bold...

Stewart had 2 catches for 10 yards last week, while Hansen had none.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

McCown has played fine, but this season is about evaluating our young talent. Petty should start sooner rather than later. 

Bryce Petty has been injured twice and it's because of his style of play and the level of competition along the OL he stands behind . The Kid is a down the field thrower and he's going to either have to get max protection with limited targets or multiple targets and take his lumps . The Latter hasn't worked out to well for him thus far in his short career .

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

What is the reason for sticking with McCown if Rodgers' defense can't stop anyone? 

Do we need to get McCown, Forte, and Kerley game experience so they'll be more prepared for 2018?

Team unity.  Everyone in the locker room knows McCown is playing well.  If the coaches throw in the towel in Sept why shouldn't the players?

Petty will play...  just not yet.  Nor should he.

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

I like how people blame Kacy Rodgers for the defenses' woes when this is clearly Bowles' defense.

Who the DC is will NEVER matter under Bowles, just like with Rex.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I like how people blame Kacy Rodgers for the defenses' woes when this is clearly Bowles' defense.

Who the DC is will NEVER matter under Bowles, just like with Rex.

I'm cool with firing Bowles and Rogers right now.  I think it was a joke to fire half the coaches but leave your puppet DC in place. 

Sadly I think we're stuck with Bowles until end of the year as there's isn't really a coach on staff you can promote to interim HC.

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

His best receiver got here 2 weeks ago and a huge piece of the puzzle hasn't even played yet.  I think Jenkins and McCown will have some really nice games but once we get to 8 losses it will be Petty time.

My prediction in the off season was that McCown would look good during the easy part of the schedule. 4 out of the first 5 games then he would get injured. He will return for the last 4 games and also look good, and beat the Pats 2nd team in week 17.

Now the real problem was the second part of the prediction was that Mac and Bowles would give him a 2 year extension. Fitz part 2. 2 year 24 mil. This is the real reason I do not want to see him play. 

When this happens you will all realize that i was right.

Archived