Nothing on the tiny backer?

k-met57

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

This has to be hard for you.

The house of lies you and your ilk have been spamming the board with is crumbling:

• McCown can't play - wrong
  • Lee is a bust - wrong
  • Jets won't win more than a game - wrong
  • Macc can't find talent - wrong
  • Jets are the worst team in football - wrong
  • Last year was a terrible draft - wrong
  • There's no talent on the team - wrong

I'm having trouble finding something you've been right about.

Since I think I'm a member of this "ilk" you love to talk about.

Never said McCown can't play - actually the opposite.  Said he was competent, and the shame was how much better he is than our other QBs.

Lee put together a couple nice games, but he's still not shown he's worth his draft position and he's got a long way to go to good.

We are better than I expected, I am surprised.

We still generally lack talent, lets not get ahead of ourselves based on one good Thursday night game.

We are better than I expected, but still a long stride away from good.

Last year's draft still doesn't look good.

There is still very little talent on the team.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Darron Lee has progressed all the way up to looking like an average ILB in the NFL and will never be worthy of his draft slot and won’t be worth giving a second contract to that’s not at average ILB numbers. You halfwits stroking your nuts over his progress are benefitting from lowered expectations and short memories. 

I guess young players with a whopping 1.5 years in NFL can't, ya know, play better and develop with time. He was pretty bad earlier this year but his last 3-4 games he has shown quicker decision making and has been a force. I like his progress this season but who am I to question the all knowing Tom Shane. 

33 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Those are only cool if you wanted Watson, amIright?

I don't recall starting any threads back-patting myself for being smarter than Macc and guys like you on Watson.

But since you mention it....

You still planning your "Suck for Sam Draft Day Extravagana 2018" party?

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Never said McCown can't play - actually the opposite.  Said he was competent, and the shame was how much better he is than our other QBs.

Lee put together a couple nice games, but he's still not shown he's worth his draft position and he's got a long way to go to good.

We still generally lack talent, lets not get ahead of ourselves based on one good Thursday night game.

Well you're right about one thing.  You are a member of the Ilk.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Meh. Theres enough to build around and work with. Build the OL and continue to fill in spots on defense.  

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

This has to be hard for you.

The house of lies you and your ilk have been spamming the board with is crumbling:

• McCown can't play - wrong
  • Lee is a bust - wrong
  • Jets won't win more than a game - wrong
  • Macc can't find talent - wrong
  • Jets are the worst team in football - wrong
  • Last year was a terrible draft - wrong
  • There's no talent on the team - wrong

I'm having trouble finding something you've been right about.

The only positive thing about the Jets winning any games this year is that it lures your Gollum-like ass out from that cave on Mt. Moron to provide us all with some sweet, sweet necro lulz to get us through the offseason.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Meh. Theres enough to build around and work with. Build the OL and continue to fill in spots on defense.  

Well, yeah.  That and a QB, of course.

Best Draft is QB, O-Line, O-Line, RB (replace Forte), and the rest on Defense (preferably later in the draft).

Fill any other holes on D with FA megabucks.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only positive thing about the Jets winning any games this year is that it lures your Gollum-like ass out from that cave on Mt. Moron to provide us all with some sweet, sweet necro lulz to get us through the offseason.

Jokes on you.  I don't live in a cave.

I actually kind of like Lee.  He is a real athlete and I'm not surprised that it is taking time for him to look good.  OTOH, I don't think he is out of the woods yet and the team appears to be leaning towards having a ton of this type of player - hybrid S/LB.  Team speed has been a problem for ages, but guys like Lee pose an entirely different set of problems.  There was value to the Calvin Pace types, even with their limitations. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, yeah.  That and a QB, of course.

Best Draft is QB, O-Line, O-Line, RB (replace Forte), and the rest on Defense (preferably later in the draft).

Fill any other holes on D with FA megabucks.

Of course. But to say this team has very little talent I think is a bit extreme. There's plenty to build on.

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

The trade was incredible when you figure that Pryor is almost out of the league and we also saved $4 million.

Demario is the classic case of a guy playing out of position and now being in the right situation.  When he was next to Harris, he was being asked to be the "Cover LB", while Harris was the slower run stuffer - that is NOT playing to what Demario does well.  Now, that he is the run stuffer ILB, with an actual fast player next to him, his lack of coverage ability is more difficult to exploit, and he can play downhill, between the tackles.

Hes also an excellent locker room guy and someone Mac should be locking up long term.

Early in his first tour with the Jets, Davis used to fly around the field making plays until Rex decided he should bulk up.  He looks like his old (young) self again, playing sideline to sideline.

13 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Of course. But to say this team has very little talent I think is a bit extreme. There's plenty to build on.

No QB, below average line, no true number 1 running back, no true number 1 receiver, no true pass rusher, no true number 1 corner. Other than that there is a lot of ancillary parts that aren’t too bad. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No QB, below average line, no true number 1 running back, no true number 1 receiver, no true pass rusher, no true number 1 corner. Other than that there is a lot of ancillary parts that aren’t too bad. 

Yea, and with all those deficiencies they are 4-5 and easily could have been 6-3. I would say atleast 2/3 of the other teams have serious shortcomings as well. This team does have some good young talent to build upon and about 90 million in cap space. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well, I agree, but to be fair, Claiborne is playing very much like a 'true' #1 CB. If he bounces back from his foot injury and continues playing the way he has, he is a Pro Bowler. Like it or not McCown is playing like a legit NFL QB. I'm not saying he has a future with the Jets or he is a Pro Bowler this year or a top QB, I'm just saying he is playing like a legit starting QB in the NFL and helping this team score points and win games. Enunwa is hurt and could have very well proven to be a true #1 this season, maybe we will find out next year. RB and Pass Rusher, indeed we do not have those positions completely addressed. BUT, as was proven in last nights game, a good Pass Rush and Run Game can be generated by committee. Forte, Powell and McGuire all contributed to a dominating run game last night. And the LBs and linemen went nuts on the Bills, sacking the QB and stuffing the run. To the point that they were dancing around, brimming with confidence. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh i'm sorry, guess Mac should've delivered all those in the past draft to complete our Superbowl team. I said there's plenty to BUILD ON. Add to. 

You have Leo, Lee and Jenkins, Adams and Maye, some young corners. All under 3 years in the league. A "number 1" RB and WR is nice but it's not a necessity. Either way, they'll come at some point. I'd rather they just focus on building a wall for whatever QB we put back there and things will operate smoothly. 

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually kind of like Lee.  He is a real athlete and I'm not surprised that it is taking time for him to look good.  OTOH, I don't think he is out of the woods yet and the team appears to be leaning towards having a ton of this type of player - hybrid S/LB.  Team speed has been a problem for ages, but guys like Lee pose an entirely different set of problems.  There was value to the Calvin Pace types, even with their limitations. 

Yeah. I liked him coming out because of the athletic numbers, and last night was by far his best game as a pro, but he's looked lost a lot more often than not.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Darron Lee has progressed all the way up to looking like an average ILB in the NFL and will never be worthy of his draft slot and won’t be worth giving a second contract to that’s not at average ILB numbers. You halfwits stroking your nuts over his progress are benefitting from lowered expectations and short memories. 

Dude, dont harsh my mellow.  Homey went from a spectator to a contributor, that's a big step. 

While all of this is true, it's victory Friday.  We're acting like it's all good in the hood for a day, ok?

38 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is the nut of it. To his credit, Maccagnan has proven himself a master of the mini-draft, but after three offseasons, there's still no long-term solutions at any of the positions that matter. When people talk about "pieces to build around," they're talking about...what? In terms of cheap young talent under control, I see a defensive tackle, a couple of safeties, an inside linebacker who maybe can play (but maybe not), an OLB who can't rush the passer, a #2 wideout, a 3rd down back, and a right tackle. Plus Wilkerson at eleventy billion per and Enunwa on an RFA tender if he ever gets out of traction. The effort and expense this team has spent upgrading low-leverage positions that can be improved on the cheap is mind-boggling.

17 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Oh i'm sorry, guess Mac should've delivered all those in the past draft to complete our Superbowl team. I said there's plenty to BUILD ON. Add to. 

You have Leo, Lee and Jenkins, Adams and Maye, some young corners. All under 3 years in the league. A "number 1" RB and WR is nice but it's not a necessity. Either way, they'll come at some point. I'd rather they just focus on building a wall for whatever QB we put back there and things will operate smoothly. 

Macc has had three seasons to address those key positions and he has failed. I agreed that there are some talented players and good role players. But they don’t have anything resembling good players at the most important positions. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dude, dont harsh my mellow.  Homey went from a spectator to a contributor, that's a big step. 

While all of this is true, it's victory Friday.  We're acting like it's all good in the hood for a day, ok?

I wasn’t gonna say anything then Pac antagonized me.

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I will only concentrate on one portion of this:  What young corners?  

I think the "this team has no talent" argument is thin. Anyone (and there were plenty of so called experts) who said this team was the "least talented team in the NFL in years" simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Mac has whiffed on some high profile decisions and I don't necessarily agree with his team building philosophy but I think one area where he's been strong has been the back end of the roster. Late in the draft, with UDFAs, or low-key trades and signings he's done a solid job of finding some diamonds in the rough and giving us decent depth at positions even if we don't have many star players.

I don't think this team is "good" but I don't think they're that far away from "good" either. With a playmaker on offense and an edge rusher on defense they'll be pretty solid...

And honestly, the o-line isn't bad. Go look at the Giants if you want to see a team that's invested plenty of resources into that unit and still failed miserably.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will only concentrate on one portion of this:  What young corners?  

Burris, Derrick Jones, Darryl Roberts, Robinson, Clark. I never said they're number 1 guys but I think it's some good depth to work with. 2 of them are rookies, 2 in the 2nd year, and 1 in their 3rd. Still growing....can't always find instant starters everywhere. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Burris, Derrick Jones, Darryl Roberts, Robinson, Clark. I never said they're number 1 guys but I think it's some good depth to work with. 2 of them are rookies, 2 in the 2nd year, and 1 in their 3rd. Still growing....can't always find instant starters everywhere. 

Can you provide a single reason to consider Derrick Jones or Clark any better than a street free agent?  Clark may never play at all.  He tore his ACL in September of 2016 and there has been no indication he has been able to run since.  The only thing he did prior to the draft was bench.  Robinson was benched and then dumped by one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  I am hopeful that improves, but were you lauding all that Chip Kelly left them to work with?  

I haven't liked much of what I have seen from Burris, but at least he and Roberts appear to belong on a football field. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Can you provide a single reason to consider Derrick Jones or Clark any better than a street free agent?  Clark may never play at all.  He tore his ACL in September of 2016 and there has been no indication he has been able to run since.  The only thing he did prior to the draft was bench.  Robinson was benched and then dumped by one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  I am hopeful that improves, but were you lauding all that Chip Kelly left them to work with?  

I haven't liked much of what I have seen from Burris, but at least he and Roberts appear to belong on a football field. 

Can I wait a season or two to see how they develop and if they improve or not? 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Can I wait a season or two to see how they develop and if they improve or not? 

Ah, the Christian Hackenberg argument.  I am not saying they are bad/wasted picks.  OTOH, you can't say we have young players to build on and count guys that have provided no indication that they can play in the NFL.  Jones has been a healthy scratch all year.  Clark hasn't even reached that.  Roberts, Burris and Robinson we could actually discuss.  I don't see them as much of a base, but at least they aren't in witness protection.  Xavier Coleman and Robert Nelson saw snaps too, but I don't see other as a talent base. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't recall starting any threads back-patting myself for being smarter than Macc and guys like you on Watson.

But since you mention it....

You still planning your "Suck for Sam Draft Day Extravagana 2018" party?

You may not have started them, but you sure jumped in every one of them and patted away...

Nah, doesn't look like the whole suck for Sam thing will work out this year, so I will probably skip that party. But I will have another one if you want an invite?

Just now, NoBowles said:

You may not have started them, but you sure jumped in every one of them and patted away...

Nah, doesn't look like the whole suck for Sam thing will work out this year, so I will probably skip that party. But I will have another one if you want an invite?

If it's a "Beat the Bastard Bostonian's then Barter for Baker" Party, then yes.  I'd love to come.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Our linebackers all played nice last night. Jenkins is the man.

But, but, Jenkins is a scrub, I swear I read it here somewhere. F*cking morons here dismissing guys after their 1st seasons in the NFL. 

Again, the problem people had with Lee, just like Jamal Adams, was never about the players themselves.  No one here in their right mind hated either player. 

What we hate is where they were taken in the draft, and the inability of the GM to successfully evaluate or draft impact players at QB, Edge Rusher, and other important positions. 

Lee had better not be a bust based on where we took him.  But Macc painted himself into that corner, not Darron Lee himself.  

I haven't paid close attention to where Lee's assignments have been on a play by play (so I could be wrong), but it definitely seems like he's making a much larger impact playing a role more closely aligned with that which he played in Ohio. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

But, but, Jenkins is a scrub, I swear I read it here somewhere. F*cking morons here dismissing guys after their 1st seasons in the NFL. 

Who said Jenkins is a scrub?  I don't recall ever reading that.  What I have read is that he is not a high upside player.  He was slow in the runs, but did fairly well in the jumps.  He does have tremendous reach and huge hands.  Sort of the opposite of Dylan Donahue. 

The main issue with Jenkins is that people want to rant about him starting from day one, but that was what most people expected of him pre-draft.  He would be a plug and play guy, but not to expect a superstar.  A nice need pick to replace Pace, but it is unlikely that he will turn into Terrell Suggs. 

Archived