southtown24th

Bowles: McCown Starter "Through End of Year"

McCown is 38 going to be 39- how can you get any idea if Petty and or Hackenberg can play or backup at least makes no sense to me. The Jets will be eliminated after New Orleans game most probably. Use those last two games for either Petty or Hackenburg

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

McCown should start, he is playing great. How do you bench him, as he is clearly the best QB on the roster, then tell the other player to go out there and bust there ass? 

How do you start mo wilk when he is clearly not the best player,.  how do you start two rookie safeties when we could have brought in a 12 year vet safety?

If you take that tact you will NEVER play a rookie QB.  Darnold?  rosen?  Mayfield?  At this point in time none of them are better than a 15 year vet, thus the 15 year vet who will be 39 next year has to start every game.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Guys...

Guys...

Guys...

Bryce Petty isn't good.

Neither is Christian Hackenberg.

Don't tell anyone tho, ok?

As has been said, as long as both are bone in the off season this line of thinking is fine.  I can bet you that the line 'We have to see what we have.' will be uttered by someone in the Jets org concerning those guys next year.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Guys...

Guys...

Guys...

Bryce Petty isn't good.

Neither is Christian Hackenberg.

Don't tell anyone tho, ok?

It’s McCown who sucks azz wise guy. His lifetime record is 23-49 with a 81 QBR. Pathetic. He’s been a perennial back up his entire career.  But of course he has a golden moment towards the end of his career and screws us out of a franchise QB. I guess you’re into mediocre. 

the proper answer is 'As long as we're mathematically alive for the post season, McCown is our QB. If there comes a time where we're out of the race, we'll step back and evaluate the roster'

But Bowles being Bowles. He really wants that 7th win of the season.  And if he tells you a QB aint good, he must not be good.  

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Petty = Ratliff

Hack = embarrassment 

Probably.

But a 39 year old McCown, fresh off a 2 year/ $25M contract leading the Jets to a 5-11 record? Definitely.

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

It’s McCown who sucks azz wise guy. His lifetime record is 23-49 with a 81 QBR. Pathetic. He’s been a perennial back up his entire career.  But of course he has a golden moment towards the end of his career and screws us out of a franchise QB. I guess you’re into mediocre. 

I don’t think McCown is good but he is way better than those 2 clowns we have on the bench getting free money

Just now, shuler82 said:

Probably.

But a 39 year old McCown, fresh off a 2 year/ $25M contract leading the Jets to a 5-11 record? Definitely.

McCown’s 2018 season will make the egg Fitz laid last year look like nothing 

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don’t think McCown is good but he is way better than those 2 clowns we have on the bench getting free money

Irrelevant. Those 2 clowns would have assured we get Rosen or Darnold.

At this point whats the difference? Of course McCown will start. Depending on what happens in FA he maybe our starter next year as well. If they don't get Counsins that is. Can you imagine if they chase Counsins and fail and McCown gets pissed off that they did chase Counsins and tells them to screw off? It could workout that way. Come next season you could be wishing we had McCown.

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

Do you have some kind of brain injury?  Because my post doesn't mention McCown.

What  he's saying is: I want to win. If you're building a culture with young players that's how you do it. Not tank a season for a questionable draft pick. The Qb play we're getting out of McCown is good enough to win in the NFL. It's above average. I don't think anybody in the NFL wants to play the Jets. As for Qb next season we'll wait and see what they do. Probably they will draft a Qb in the first round and possibly trade up for somebody. 

35 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

McCown should start, he is playing great. How do you bench him, as he is clearly the best QB on the roster, then tell the other player to go out there and bust there ass? 

Did you see what they did to Eli Manning last week? In favor of GENO SMITH? HELLO!