Christopher Johnson pressing all the right buttons as Owner according to Damien Woody

Patriot Killa

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Great... contrast that with Parcells having many Giants players basically call him an ass.  His response?  They have a ring, that’s all I care about. 

When we put together a team that can play ....I’ll give a split what Adams and Woody say.   

What team was Parcells an owner?

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What team was Parcells an owner?

Referring more to having players like you.  Not sure its a recipe for success. Ask Brick and Mangold how having a players coach helped them.  They have nothing to show for it.  Yet, Hostetler and many Giants HATE The tuna.  Yet they have rings.

Damien is saying that for one reason- b/c Johnson came out and defended players rights to bash police which Damien is a proud member of that club.  To Damien everything is about race. it's pretty comical and sad all at the same time.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Referring more to having players like you.  Not sure its a recipe for success. Ask Brick and Mangold how having a players coach helped them.  They have nothing to show for it.  Yet, Hostetler and many Giants HATE The tuna.  Yet they have rings.

they did get closer to a SB than any jet teams since we made it in SB III.  This notion that we have been the bad news bears under Woody is completely false.  No the Jets haven't finished the job yet(having the greatest QB of all time and greatest dynasty in the SB era will make it more difficult to do that) but until recently we were one of the better franchises in the AFC.  That doesn't mean we celebrate coming close but we can't act like we have been the expansion Browns.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

they did get closer to a SB than any jet teams since we made it in SB III.  This notion that we have been the bad news bears under Woody is completely false.  No the Jets haven't finished the job yet(having the greatest QB of all time and greatest dynasty in the SB era will make it more difficult to do that) but until recently we were one of the better franchises in the AFC.  That doesn't mean we celebrate coming close but we can't act like we have been the expansion Browns.

This is correct, if you listen to the fan base or even local media you would think we were the Browns - but this is been a middle of the road team with a few solid years under Woody - 3 AFC Champtionship games, multiple playoff apperaance and virtually the entire time stuck in a division with the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

I'm no fan of Woody Johnson - but the Jets haven't been a joke and IMO - Chris has done a good job since he took over.  I very much like the direction in which this organization is heading.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Really? Most of the country thinks the Browns may be a better team than us and I will trace that downfall right to your 2 heroes. Rex and Tanny. Which also points at our inept owner. You can't miss on draft picks like we do without true ineptness at the top.  We haven't had a 2nd rounder play since David Harris.  1st rounders? Almost as bad.  

Together they haven't drafted anyone who is on our roster that is a solid contributor rounds 1-2.   2 AFC games in which we gave up 24 unanswered points is your swan song?  Hmmm....    

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is correct, if you listen to the fan base or even local media you would think we were the Browns - but this is been a middle of the road team with a few solid years under Woody - 3 AFC Champtionship games, multiple playoff apperaance and virtually the entire time stuck in a division with the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

I'm no fan of Woody Johnson - but the Jets haven't been a joke and IMO - Chris has done a good job since he took over.  I very much like the direction in which this organization is heading.

basically the first half of Woody's years we were among the best in the AFC- not up w/ the Pats, Colts and Steelers but w/ anyone else 2001-2011.  The 2nd half we have been mediocre to bad most of the time but fans were criticizing woody even when we were good and even w/ the bad years the Woody years have been so much better than the pre woody years.  He has made mistakes but he's been a good owner for us.  It's not his fault he came into the league as Brady was about to dominate it.

I agree w/ you about Chris.  as much as I think Bowles is bad I do prefer patience over impulsive firings(it's why we are where we are firing Tannenbaum then Rex). Under Woody we went more for the quick fix and made a bunch of playoff apps and won a bunch of playoff wins but now we are doing a total rebuild and I think it's going well.  we need to make the right choice next month and if we do we'll be ready to battle for div titles once Brady retires soon(hopefully).

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Really? Most of the country thinks the Browns may be a better team than us and I will trace that downfall right to your 2 heroes. Rex and Tanny. Which also points at our inept owner. You can't miss on draft picks like we do without true ineptness at the top.  We haven't had a 2nd rounder play since David Harris.  1st rounders? Almost as bad.  

Together they haven't drafted anyone who is on our roster that is a solid contributor rounds 1-2.   2 AFC games in which we gave up 24 unanswered points is your swan song?  Hmmm....    

if most of the Country thinks the Browns have been better than us then most of the Country does not watch football. Under Mike and Rex the Jets made 2 title games and won 4 playoff games w/ all 4 on the road(and w/ Mike and Mangini we made another playoff app). Since 1999 the Browns have made the playoffs one time and haven't won a playoff game.  The last time they won a playoff game they were the old browns in the 1994 WC game. The last time they won a road playoff game? 1969 before the merger and when they were part of the old NFL. They have been 3 road playoff wins in their history and one of them came against the New York YANKEES. 

Literally no football fan who knows anything about football thinks the browns have been better than the Jets.

didn't we have a 2nd rounder start 16 games and play well as a rookie last year?

no solid contributors rounds 1-2?  Lee, Adams, Williams, Maye aren't solid contributors?

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

How many of those players hate the owner?  I understand your premise, but I don't think it really has the same cache with an owner advice it does for a coach.

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Great... contrast that with Parcells having many Giants players basically call him an ass.  His response?  They have a ring, that’s all I care about. 

When we put together a team that can play ....I’ll give a split what Adams and Woody say.   

But Parcells wasn’t the owner.. 2 different roles . 

Chris has been breath of fresh air compared to woody. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

if most of the Country thinks the Browns have been better than us then most of the Country does not watch football. Under Mike and Rex the Jets made 2 title games and won 4 playoff games w/ all 4 on the road(and w/ Mike and Mangini we made another playoff app). Since 1999 the Browns have made the playoffs one time and haven't won a playoff game.  The last time they won a playoff game they were the old browns in the 1994 WC game. The last time they won a road playoff game? 1969 before the merger and when they were part of the old NFL. They have been 3 road playoff wins in their history and one of them came against the New York YANKEES. 

Literally no football fan who knows anything about football thinks the browns have been better than the Jets.

didn't we have a 2nd rounder start 16 games and play well as a rookie last year?

no solid contributors rounds 1-2?  Lee, Adams, Williams, Maye aren't solid contributors?

Do you read OK????   The country, analysts included, many think the Browns are a better team  now, draft picks included.

Drafts, I mentioned Rex and Tanny. Did they draft Lee, Adams etc.  Did you go to Carolina with that reading comprehension?   

2nd rounder.. OK, 1 since Harris, I stand corrected. 

36 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

But Parcells wasn’t the owner.. 2 different roles . 

Chris has been breath of fresh air compared to woody. 

and Parcells mom smoked. No correlation.   Players coach, Players owner who cares. I say it matters not.  Id rather play for Coughlin, Parcells and other "MEAN" coaches and retire with a SB ring. I dont need to be babied at work.

54 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Do you read OK????   The country, analysts included, many think the Browns are a better team  now, draft picks included.

Drafts, I mentioned Rex and Tanny. Did they draft Lee, Adams etc.  Did you go to Carolina with that reading comprehension?   

2nd rounder.. OK, 1 since Harris, I stand corrected. 

they have been drafting top 5 for a decade plus so they should be better now.  I have expected the Browns to be better every year the last few years and it hasn't happened yet and what do0es that have to do w/ us?

by the way, the "Country, analysts include" thought your team was a SB contender last year and they wound up winning 3 games so who cares what they think?

why do you always have to act like a child?  you mentioned on our roster NOW.  Tannenbaum was last here in 2012.  That's a LONG time ago and Rex was never our GM so what would they have to do w/ now?  but have you noticed we've done nothing since Tannenbaum left? have you noticed how awful the coaching has been since Rex left?

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Damien is saying that for one reason- b/c Johnson came out and defended players rights to bash police which Damien is a proud member of that club.  To Damien everything is about race. it's pretty comical and sad all at the same time.

If this wasn't meant sarcastically, its a straight up ignorant ass opinion.

Hell, even sarcastically its pretty damn ignorant.

Archived