Chad is mentoring Baker

jetrider

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sanchez was far better at that skill.

Apparently, they both threw pick sixes on exactly .3% of their passing attempts.  Interestingly, Joe Namath was .66, which is the 12th highest total, 3rd highest of any QB throwing over 1K passes, and highest of any QB over 1300 passes.

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

My penis has more tactile strength than his shoulder.

True story 

Good guy, though. Upstanding chap...but a death knell of a QB after the lame flipper.

Similar to what Fins fans are feeling right now, I’m sure. With that flaccid, lame dick of a no-nothing that they’re set to invest a 7th year in...

Ha

Praise Jebus for Darnold 

Praise Jebus for dem Browns 

There was a brief moment, before the injuries, where he offered us hope.  Remember that playoff game where we crushed the Colts?  It looked pretty good for a few minutes.

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Apparently, they both threw pick sixes on exactly .3% of their passing attempts.  Interestingly, Joe Namath was .66, which is the 12th highest total, 3rd highest of any QB throwing over 1K passes, and highest of any QB over 1300 passes.

DB Pass INT rules were completely different in Namath's era. That's why when some of the young posters on this board rip Joe for his stats (I beleive there was one just the other day), it's clear they have no concept, zero, nada, what the game was like in the 60's and 70's  vs later decades.  They look at the numbers and think he wasn't very good, not realizing what in fact he was.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:11 AM, David Harris said:

Love Chad - great guy

Love Baker - would be fun to play with him

Love Sam the most- he’s our guy 

When I read your post, it made me think of something that John Torterella said a few years back after a Ranger/Bruin game that featured some Brad Marchand extra-curricular activities. Torterella asked the press who would you want your kid to grow up to be ...? Brad Marchand or Ryan McDonagh. The answer was pretty clear to everyone.

So, to translate your rankings: I'd want my kid to grow up to be Sam, I'd want my daughter to marry Chad, and I want to hang out with Baker.

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t understand the Bridgewater signing and still don’t. McCown goes down? Darnold goes in. Darnold isn’t ready, McCown starts. McCown goes down and Darnold isn’t ready?He plays anyway.

He’s a highly invested in 3rd overall selection. just didn’t see the purpose in signing the guy. In any scenario all they really need is McCown and Darnold...

Didn’t know they were getting Darnold when they signed him

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Then all the sunscreen companies are sleeping on a goal mine.

Moley, molely, moley.

Thanks Crusher.  Now I have to have that stupid Austin Powers movie image in my head all day.   Try not to choke on one of your ham sammwiches today.

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

DB Pass INT rules were completely different in Namath's era. That's why when some of the young posters on this board rip Joe for his stats (I beleive there was one just the other day), it's clear they have no concept, zero, nada, what the game was like in the 60's and 70's  vs later decades.  They look at the numbers and think he wasn't very good, not realizing what in fact he was.

All of that is true, but Namath is also being compared to other QBs from his era.  I certainly expect him to be higher than today’s QBs, but interesting to learn he was high compared to all QBs since 1960.

EDIT: A different source shows a wildly different number for Namath, still high, but not nearly as high, and doesn't include percentages.

Great hopefully he will teach his ability to pad his completion percentage by throwing meaningless 2 yard passes on 3rd down when they needed 5.  I hope he also teaches him to soil his shorts as soon as the defense applies any sort of pressure just like good old noodle arm.  Glad the Jets didn't use this loser.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

So it's perfectly fine for you to rip Pennington repeatedly for the past decade, but you get your panties in a bunch when anyone rips Sanchez.

Got it.  :rolleyes:  

Result: can't take anything you say about these two seriously.  Ever.

It's simple.  Pennington was a loser who constantly disappointed and Sanchez was a winner who exceeded expectations.

I could write a book on how Pennington played the FO and the fans, how he marketed himself as some warrior, how he knew his only benefit was completion percentage, how he therefore never threw the ball away when he should and took a sack when he shouldn't, how he didn't take care of his body, how he did dumb activities in the offseason to jeopardize his regular seasons.  It's endless.

But because he had a John Boy Walton face with a Ritchie Cunningham demeanor you naive savants got sucked in and decided to make him into some wholesome example of what a Jets QB should be.  And before you go there with the Mark Sanchez comparo, Chad Pennington played on a far better offense than Mark ever had, he had a Hall Of Fame caliber OL, a Hall Of Fame RB, top notch WR's, experienced offensive coordinators, pretty much everything Rex Ryan never provided Mark Sanchez.  And Sanchez did more with the crapshow Kia he was given then Chad Pennington ever did with his Mercedes.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's simple.  Pennington was a loser who constantly disappointed and Sanchez was a winner who exceeded expectations.

I could write a book on how Pennington played the FO and the fans, how he marketed himself as some warrior, how he knew his only benefit was completion percentage, how he therefore never threw the ball away when he should and took a sack when he shouldn't, how he didn't take care of his body, how he did dumb activities in the offseason to jeopardize his regular seasons.  It's endless.

But because he had a John Boy Walton face with a Ritchie Cunningham demeanor you naive savants got sucked in and decided to make him into some wholesome example of what a Jets QB should be.  And before you go there with the Mark Sanchez comparo, Chad Pennington played on a far better offense than Mark ever had, he had a Hall Of Fame caliber OL, a Hall Of Fame RB, top notch WR's, experienced offensive coordinators, pretty much everything Rex Ryan never provided Mark Sanchez.  And Sanchez did more with the crapshow Kia he was given then Chad Pennington ever did with his Mercedes.

SAR I

disagree with most.  See it differently.  All a matter of opinion.  

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

Not a young poster. Totally agree as to the difference in play. Namath was a special player with arm talent like no other QB in his day (perhaps even today). But,.... and it is a BIG BUT, he was reckless with the ball when he didn't need to be. Remember, when Namath played the QB called the plays. Namath had a great O line and RBs and the Jets D was among the league's best. Namath's Jets could have won many, many games just by running the ball and throwing less. NAMATH CHOSE NOT TO. And I will forever blame him for falling in love with his own passing ability and putting himself before the team. There is a reason his teammates did not vote him to be captain until Weeb Eubank ordered them to. He was a sh*tty teammate.

The game that I believe is emblematic of Namath's career is not SB III.  Rather, SB III is just a taste of what could have been if Namath played unselfishly. No, the game that is the poster child for Namath's career is game 5 in 1967 against the Houston Oilers. The Jets were winning 17-7 at halftime, but Namath couldn't let his teammates do their thing and salt the game away with the Run game and D. No, he had to keep throwing the ball -- 49 passes in total. He threw 6 Ints on the day and 2 of them were pick 6s in the second half. The game ended in a tie and cost the Jets a playoff birth because they lost the division to those same Houston Oilers. There were quite a few games that Namath pissed away during his career, but every one of them in the 4 seasons from 1966 through 1969 was at the cost of his team having a chance to be a dynasty. Those were great teams that should have been in the Championship hunt in every season. Unfortunately, the Namath who often showed up was the selfish player who blew the game to Houston in 1967, rather than the guy who called a conservative game against the Colts in SB III. 

9 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Have you ever seen someone buy a lottery ticket?

Then you understand the Bridgewater signing.

It’s actually better than that. It’s a lottery ticket with the option to receive a refund. We can cut Bridgewater with no penalty if we don’t like what we see in TC.

A fantastic signing. 

17 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Chad is really smart, gives such good advice in this article.  I felt good about our chances when he was the qb.  Jet fans should stop bashing him because he got hurt; it's not his fault. The guy was a warrior for us, a little appreciation.

While I do think his advice in this article is very good I retain my right to bash the guy.  The Jets were "QB starved" for several decades when he arrived so he got way more credit then he deserved.  He was never as good as advertised and eventually he got carried away with his own (undeserved) reputation.  Remember when he got on that sports writer telling him something like "you're lucky to have a job where you get to cover athletes like me!"  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is the best news I've heard all day.

If being drafted by Cleveland isn't bad enough, having Noodle as your mentor seals the deal that history will show that passing on Darnold was an epic mistake.

Chad is great at one thing-  artificially puffing up his stats and elongating his career to maximize earnings potential.  Mayfield will appreciate working with the master on those aspects.

SAR I

Chad’s career was almost as pathetic as mark Sanchez

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Chad’s career was almost as pathetic as mark Sanchez

Chad's career was aborted by terrible injuries.  Sanchez's career was aborted by his lack of football intelligence, inability to learn, passion for partying and off-and-on work ethic.  Never learned how to read a defense.  And did I mention zero leadership ability?  Only could see a narrow sliver of the field on most plays.   He just flat out sucked.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Chad's career was aborted by terrible injuries.  Sanchez's career was aborted by his lack of football intelligence, inability to learn, passion for partying and off-and-on work ethic.  Never learned how to read a defense.  And did I mention zero leadership ability?  Only could see a narrow sliver of the field on most plays.   He just flat out sucked.

Can’t disagree. He was carried by a top OL, top 3 D. Imagine if we had a decent qb ? Geez.  We can only hope to set up Sam with half of what we supported mark with. 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sanchez's career was aborted by stripping away all the talent around him.  He was very good in 2010 then we let Braylon and Cotch go and brought in a guy fresh out of prison for 2-3 years and a malcontent in Derrick Mason.  3 of our top 4 weapons to start 2011 were out of football by the end of that season and yet Mark set jets franchise records and had a good stat year(though not nearly as good as he was in 2010).  After that he was left w/ just Holmes and keller and when those 2 got hurt his main weapons were Stephen Hill, Chaz Schilens and Clyde Gates yet somehow it was all Mark's fault.

Your post couldn't be more off from start to finish.

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Can’t disagree. He was carried by a top OL, top 3 D. Imagine if we had a decent qb ? Geez.  We can only hope to set up Sam with half of what we supported mark with. 

Yet w/ a Hall of Fame QB a year earlier, same OL, mostly the same talent on D, weaker schedule, no Brady around they couldn't even make the playoffs. Some day you guys will realize Mark helped us much more than hurt us.

That Ol was very good but a much better run blocking line than pass blocking, that D continually folded in big spots. how many games did that D blow in the final minutes w/ a lead? we beat more talented teams w/ "much better" QBs in those 4 playoff games, it's astounding to me the lack of respect our franchise leader in playoff wins gets.  We won w/ D first and we lost both title games b/c of D but mark was still vital to both runs.  What I really imagine is if we had the Giants Ds in 2007/2011 for the 2009/2010 runs- if we did we'd have 2 SB titles.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

They both sucked.  Chad had one really good half a season in ‘02 that got us a playoff appearance afterwards the league saw tape and learned how to defend him because he had no arm

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez's career was aborted by stripping away all the talent around him.  He was very good in 2010 then we let Braylon and Cotch go and brought in a guy fresh out of prison for 2-3 years and a malcontent in Derrick Mason.  3 of our top 4 weapons to start 2011 were out of football by the end of that season and yet Mark set jets franchise records and had a good stat year(though not nearly as good as he was in 2010).  After that he was left w/ just Holmes and keller and when those 2 got hurt his main weapons were Stephen Hill, Chaz Schilens and Clyde Gates yet somehow it was all Mark's fault.

Your post couldn't be more off from start to finish.

Yet w/ a Hall of Fame QB a year earlier, same OL, mostly the same talent on D, weaker schedule, no Brady around they couldn't even make the playoffs. Some day you guys will realize Mark helped us much more than hurt us.

That Ol was very good but a much better run blocking line than pass blocking, that D continually folded in big spots. how many games did that D blow in the final minutes w/ a lead? we beat more talented teams w/ "much better" QBs in those 4 playoff games, it's astounding to me the lack of respect our franchise leader in playoff wins gets.  We won w/ D first and we lost both title games b/c of D but mark was still vital to both runs.  What I really imagine is if we had the Giants Ds in 2007/2011 for the 2009/2010 runs- if we did we'd have 2 SB titles.

Sanchez the one positive thing you could say about him was he was actually a much better qb in playoff games than in regular season.  He was 4-2 in the playoffs with all the wins on the road against very good teams and he played well even in the 2 losses

Total dud in regular season tho

Archived