That buzz you hear is all about Darnold

jetrider

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

We all have our preferences, Mayfield was the last QB I would have chosen,  I liked Rosen after Sam (I admit my opinion of Sam is colored by homerism, so doesn't count!), I did hear a lot of great stuff about Josh Allen a year before the draft, Jordan Palmer raved about his talent, which we heard via Jordan's FIL, who is part of our tailgate/season ticket group.

I hope Sam cleans up the fumble issues, but I think there will always be INT due to his gunslinger mentality. 

The guy keeps plays alive and always has his eyes looking downfield.  He makes plays after other QBs have given up the down.  Might that cause him to take a chance and get burned?  Sure

But he will also allow his receivers to get open and throw TDs.  If he has 40 TDs and 15 INTs id be fine with that.

Brett Farve did Ok being a bit of a gun slinger

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The guy keeps plays alive and always has his eyes looking downfield.  He makes plays after other QBs have given up the down.  Might that cause him to take a chance and get burned?  Sure

But he will also allow his receivers to get open and throw TDs.  If he has 40 TDs and 15 INTs id be fine with that.

Gun slinging is Darnold’s game.  His ability to improvise out of the pocket made him the best qb prospect in this year’s draft by far

If you want 2 yard passes and 0 INTs yeah Teddy is your guy

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Nah sojf have still been debating me how much more talented the browns are like they did last year prior that monster breakout 0-16 year they had 

LOL - I have not seen much of that since the draft, I don't think you can find a SOJF who would trade QB rooms with the Browns

Sam, Teddy and Uncle Josh >>>  Tyrod, Baker and Drew "we hardly knew ya" Stanton

now Myles Garrett would look good in green :)

33 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You nailed it.  He was never flustered, would come back the next series and make a spectacular play.   Sam was so fun to watch...

25 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You nailed it.  He was never flustered, would come back the next series and make a spectacular play.   Sam was so fun to watch...

I think that’s a really good sign we keep hearing about Sam bouncing back from mistakes at practice 

14 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Of course they did.....their right to do so, it's not exactly as if they are this prized franchise that can afford to have any whispers of them going back on their word.  It's a two way street, come free agency time, it may cause a needed player to choose another franchise because they can't be trusted.

One thing you learn talking to NFL players is, they talk to each other, and they certainly discuss negatives about certain franchises.

i think you are taking the decision to not take Sam first overall very hard.   This stuff happens all the time.  

Free agents are going to go to where the most money is, for the most part. 

17 hours ago, flgreen said:

Well your right about that.  

Still I happened to go into the Cleveland papers out of curiosity, and unlike Darnold , Mayfield didn't get a single rep with the one's during mini camp.  The Brown's are still going with the "It's Taylor's team" line.  Seems like most of the fans, and the scribes are sitting good with it.

One scribe also put out a report that Baker didn't look good enough to even compete with Taylor for the top spot so might not be a comparable scenario.  

So I'm at the batting cage in my Jets gear today and one guy says, "hey you got your quarterback" I of course down play it because of all the scars and the guy tells me he's a giants fan and then spends 5 minutes convincing me that Darnold is going to be great. 

There is another guy listening, saying nothing, and the first guy says, "hey aren't you a Jets fan too?"

Of course the other Jets fan says it's too early to tell blah blah blah 

**** it 

No more letting the scars win, we have our guy, let's enjoy it!!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Larz said:

Darnold posted a pic working out with Chad Hansen today 

It was tagged "West Coast " 

That’s why when Darnold starts, they’ll have chemistry, Hansen will break out this year being our Jordy Nelson, leading Darnold to ROTY after clinching a playoff spot after his first season thus setting the league on fire. 

Can’t wait. 

I really like Hansen’s initiative and hopefully work ethic since he packed on muscle. He knows that having chemistry with the franchise QB will go along way for him since the coaches will want to make Sam as comfortable as possible. Chad seems really serious....or just loaded up on PEDs....or both? 

On 6/22/2018 at 9:01 AM, flgreen said:

Well your right about that.  

Still I happened to go into the Cleveland papers out of curiosity, and unlike Darnold , Mayfield didn't get a single rep with the one's during mini camp.  The Brown's are still going with the "It's Taylor's team" line.  Seems like most of the fans, and the scribes are sitting good with it.

Hue Jackson is a master of self preservation. This way when he can't win with Taylor and switches to Mayfield, he'll have the built-in excuse of "well, after an off season of getting first-team reps, Mayfield will shine next year, give me another year."

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Darnold has been back out West for a couple weeks now.  I think I saw a video of him throwing footballs around Huntington Harbor.  It looked familiar because I fell off a damn standup paddle board in that harbor last year. lol

Sam Darnold, rookie Jets QB, reveals which New York baseball team he roots for

Despite having one of their most disappointing seasons in years, the Mets have gained at least one new fan.

Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold, a California kid, has picked his Big Apple baseball team and it is the one from Queens.

"I'm a Dodgers fan, so it's kinda tough," Darnold said in an NFL video about his new life in New York City. "But Mets, definitely Mets."

It’s hardly shocking, as a majority of miserable New Yorkers that root for the Jets are also Mets fans. Also, the Mets could use some pitching help and already have one NFL QB rising through their organization.

Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold, a California kid, has picked his Big Apple baseball team and it is the one from Queens.
Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold, a California kid, has picked his Big Apple baseball team and it is the one from Queens. (Julio Cortez / AP)

Darnold, 21, also chose sides in other NYC rivalries, revealing he prefers taxis over subways, pretzels over dirty water dogs and that he’d visit the Empire State Building before the Statue of Liberty.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Sam Darnold, rookie Jets QB, reveals which New York baseball team he roots for

Despite having one of their most disappointing seasons in years, the Mets have gained at least one new fan.

"I'm a Dodgers fan, so it's kinda tough," Darnold said in an NFL video about his new life in New York City. "But Mets, definitely Mets."

It’s hardly shocking, as a majority of miserable New Yorkers that root for the Jets are also Mets fans. Also, the Mets could use some pitching help and already have one NFL QB rising through their organization.

Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold, a California kid, has picked his Big Apple baseball team and it is the one from Queens. (Julio Cortez / AP)

Darnold, 21, also chose sides in other NYC rivalries, revealing he prefers taxis over subways, pretzels over dirty water dogs and that he’d visit the Empire State Building before the Statue of Liberty.

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I seen his video on FB. All the other teams fan bases did was make fun of him. 

I cant wait for Darnold to shut people up.

Please post the link if you can.

I lack the skills to find stuff like that.

Archived