Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Best combos:

1. White on white 

2. Black on black (*they should green jersey, black pants option)

3. White jersey on green pants

4. Green jersey on white pants

5. Green on green 

The black uniforms are by far the worst and are a ripoff of the DX jerseys from the late 90’s. Beyond dated.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The black uniforms are by far the worst and are a ripoff of the DX jerseys from the late 90’s. Beyond dated.

I think the hate here on the green unis is too much and the love for the black ones are too much.  The green jerseys/white pants is the basic jets look and it’s really good.

Nike products are awful. Logo looks like it was completed in about 10 minutes. Very amateur.. Too big. Zero creativity. Looks like it could have been done by a middle school student doodling. Should have been some type of NY symbol that we could  call our own combined with a  jet airliner plane. How difficult would that have been? New York across the jersey looks so forced.. Why do we have to settle for this? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The uniforms look good. The helmet is good but they should've went with the 80s logo.

The best thing about this entire release is how hard they are pushing the 'New York' piece. Maybe, when the opportunity comes to opt out in the next couple of years, the Johnsons will admit the colossal mistake that was Metlife Stadium and move the team out of New Jersey. Put the team back in Long Island/Queens - the heart and soul of the Jets fanbase.

I agree..

As someone who went to the WSS meeting, had discussion with the Olympic committee representatives and who advocated for that stadium, for me, it was a HUGE MISTAKE..

It would have been the only facility of its type in the Eastern seaboard.  It was slated to allow Jets fans not just to own PSL seats but generate revenue for other events to be held there...

In fact I truly believe that had CJ been in charge we wouldn't have made that decision.  I have no proof of course, but his attitude is slightly different than his brothers. 

I can't recall now but I think that the first opt out is over 99 years or some such nonsense!

AND I FOR ONE LOVE THE NEW UNIFORMS AN THE JETS NEW DIRECTION.... :) 

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Nike products are awful. Logo looks like it was completed in about 10 minutes. Very amateur.. Too big. Zero creativity. Looks like it could have been done by a middle school student doodling. Should have been some type of NY symbol that we could  call our own combined with a  jet airliner plane. How difficult would that have been? New York across the jersey looks so forced.. Why do we have to settle for this? 

Nike didn't design the logo.  It's the New York Jets logo since 1964 slightly tweaked.  It's our trademark and our identity.

Airplanes on logos look stupid and get outdated very quickly.  The 80's logo was designed in the 70's to resemble the profile of the Concorde supersonic transport.  A football is timeless, and the helmet has a message, it says "Jets Football".

"New York" across the jersey is no different than the Nike jersey's that say "Dolphins" or Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Texans, Cardinals, Eagles, Chargers, Falcons, about half the league has a wordmark above the numbers.  New York is the most famous city in the entire world and it's smart of the Jets to put the city name there just like the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, and other teams do.  It also allowed the helmet logo to be simplified without the NY behind it.

The uniform and logos are final.  They aren't changing.  They are very nice and fan reaction has been positive.  This isn't a SOJ moment.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the hate here on the green unis is too much and the love for the black ones are too much.  The green jerseys/white pants is the basic jets look and it’s really good.

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I'm not a fan of the helmet logo either.  Someone here mocked up a 80's jet only under the print and it really improved.

However, I can assure you that Nike presented dozens of logo choices and the Jets chose this one.  You can't really put anything on Nike.  They probably had a hundred different designs and let the Jets pick which one they preferred. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Actually looks like a redesign and not an off the shelf 2003 template. 

That was made from a design by the Lions and used as a templete.

And is ugly.  Just like everyone said it was months ago when it we as posted

When will the complainers get that we've already seen the uniforms and people like them.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

In general, it just doesnt look like a ton of effort was put into this. The template looks off the shelf. You go back and see what Nike did with Seattle, and it looks like there was some effort. If this is the change- why even change?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

In general, it just doesnt look like a ton of effort was put into this. The template looks off the shelf. You go back and see what Nike did with Seattle, and it looks like there was some effort. If this is the change- why even change?

Part of the Johnson’s culture is to not rock the boat, so i think the black uni look was considered ‘safe’ because it had been done before in multiple sports.  Also from a merchandizing perspective it would sell.  But in terms of how ‘true fans’ feel, i would imagine most prefer the classic white/green unis.  I hate seeing jet highlights with the color rush or alternate jerseys when they used to wear those awful titan homage unis.  

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree..

As someone who went to the WSS meeting, had discussion with the Olympic committee representatives and who advocated for that stadium, for me, it was a HUGE MISTAKE..

It would have been the only facility of its type in the Eastern seaboard.  It was slated to allow Jets fans not just to own PSL seats but generate revenue for other events to be held there...

In fact I truly believe that had CJ been in charge we wouldn't have made that decision.  I have no proof of course, but his attitude is slightly different than his brothers. 

I can't recall now but I think that the first opt out is over 99 years or some such nonsense!

Everything that fans complain about now would have been amplified in a Manhattan stadium:

Tailgating - there would have been none.

Parking - an absolute disaster.

Traffic - the only place harder to get to from Long Island and Westchester than New Jersey is Manhattan.  Don't even think about night games and the blowback from daily commuters.

Tourists - the amount of enemy fans in MetLife is criticized, imagine how many tourists would get tickets to see an American sport instead of a Broadway show or a nice dinner, the place would be filled with non-football fans just looking for something to do.

White Collar Fans - place would have resembled a NY Rangers crowd, no jeans or Zubas allowed.

Suites - they would have built a lot more and it would have put more corporate wine-sipping fans in the stadium.

Club Seats - again, they would have added a ton more and it would have put more suits and stiffs and their offspring in the stadium.

Prices - people complain about $4-a-game PSL's as if they are the devil, they don't even want to spend the money on $25 Stubhub seats.  Imagine what a tiny 60,000 seat stadium filled with suites and club seats would have cost in PSL's and in gameday prices.  You can add 30% atop any price anyone has ever paid, maybe more.  And 20,000 less seats means PSL's on every seat including the nosebleeds.

Romanticizing an NFL stadium in Manhattan was pointless back then and it's pointless now.  Every reason Jets fans whine about MetLife would have been amplified 3x in Manhattan.  We are right where we should be and right where our fanbase is.  New Jersey, a suburban bedroom community of Manhattan just like Long Island, Westchester, and lower Connecticut.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nike didn't design the logo.  It's the New York Jets logo since 1964 slightly tweaked.  It's our trademark and our identity.

Airplanes on logos look stupid and get outdated very quickly.  The 80's logo was designed in the 70's to resemble the profile of the Concorde supersonic transport.  A football is timeless, and the helmet has a message, it says "Jets Football".

"New York" across the jersey is no different than the Nike jersey's that say "Dolphins" or Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Texans, Cardinals, Eagles, Chargers, Falcons, about half the league has a wordmark above the numbers.  New York is the most famous city in the entire world and it's smart of the Jets to put the city name there just like the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, and other teams do.  It also allowed the helmet logo to be simplified without the NY behind it.

The uniform and logos are final.  They aren't changing.  They are very nice and fan reaction has been positive.  This isn't a SOJ moment.

SAR I

Sorry I beg to differ. The Yankees, Knicks, the Nets and NYCFC all got it right and the Jets got it wrong. Showcase New York as the main logo and it becomes a classic that everyone would be proud to wear. Yankees (simple NY) , Knicks (New York across the chest) , Nets (Only the name Brooklyn) NYCFC (it's in the name). Jets missed out on a huge opportunity to brand themselves as New York's football team and plaster it everywhere, most importantly  across their helmets but instead chose to bring back an out dated 90s black uniform that screams of selling out, the word JETS (way too big) written as plain as a fourth grader could make it and a toy football that doesn't remind me of the iconic football on the original helmets.  Even the pattern of the stripes on the jersey are simply the Arizona Cardinals but green. If we choose to wear the green on green uniforms with green helmets we wil truly look like pickles. Epic fail.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, they wouldn't.

We've had 8 months of crappy renderings.  Please don't post any more.

SAR I

it's only your opinion and mine as well. I've been a fan since 68, so i like what I like. I have no problem with our uni's I just don't like the helmet... So you can take your self absorbed nose in the air attitude and put it where the sun don't shine... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

it's only your opinion and mine as well. I've been a fan since 68, so i like what I like. I have no problem with our uni's I just don't like the helmet... So you can take your self absorbed nose in the air attitude and put it where the sun don't shine... 

All good. So no more renderings. Thanks. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These were so nice.  That makes it all  the more difficult to warm up to the new ones.  

Agree but it's alright for those that like them.  We can continue wearing what we want. I don't go to games to make a fashion statement I wear whats comfortable, warm,cool and satisfies me. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

More residue of having a human mascot-  they won't go away even when they betray the fans and the franchise that they were mistakenly elevated to represent.

You can bet the New York Jets and all other professional sports leagues will never allow that to happen again.  I pray the Jets create a new, friendly, unselfish, and quiet mascot named Jetsie.  A minimum wage worker in a stuffed animal suit that they can fire if he acts up.  Kids don't like the mascot?  Fine, throw the stuffed animal costume in a furnace and try again with a different character.  The rebranding isn't complete until Fireman Ed is gone.  Tickets rescinded.  Chant blacklisted.  The dirty past laid to rest.

SAR I

Someone sounds very jealous!  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There must be 200 people lined up here at Modell’s in Paramus to buy a new Jets jersey and meet Sam Darnold for an autograph.  Nice turnout.

SAR I

Is it just me, or does that sound like a very small turnout for a meet and greet/autograph seasion with an nfl qb?  When I used to travel to training camps as a kid, there were far more people waiting for autographs than that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

12 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Is it just me, or does that sound like a very small turnout for a meet and greet/autograph seasion with an nfl qb?  When I used to travel to training camps as a kid, there were far more people waiting for autographs than that.  

Image result for PINOCCHIO PICS

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You're comparing a crowd at an NFL training camp to a single sporting goods store event? Of course, makes perfect sense!!!

25 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The autographs were limited to the first 150-200 that showed up.  That's probably why.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There must be 200 people lined up here at Modell’s in Paramus to buy a new Jets jersey and meet Sam Darnold for an autograph.  Nice turnout.

SAR I

Grown men wanting to wear $100+ shirts with other grown men’s names on them. Huzzah!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but it's alright for those that like them.  We can continue wearing what we want. I don't go to games to make a fashion statement I wear whats comfortable, warm,cool and satisfies me. 

+1

It’s why most days I never take off my wife’s panties.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These were so nice.  That makes it all  the more difficult to warm up to the new ones.  

White on white in that style was something to see. Never cared for green jerseys. Honestly the more we can deemphasize green, the better. It’s an accent color at best.

Part if me hoped they’d find a better way to use it, like Oregon. Is what it is, I basically buy grey and black versions of our gear. The green looks ridiculous on everyday clothes, similar to Mets blue. Child-like colors.