Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would be shocked if green didn't remain our primary color

As would I. I would seriously hate to see some hybrid where we factor in the blue and yellow of the Titans unis. I never liked them and don't now. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Eric Allen tweeted in the preseason that it would be a completely new look, and hinted hard that would include a new logo. I do think we are getting a kelly or lime green, and I think there will be a black jersey like the QBs are wearing. I also think there will be some nod to our Titans uniforms as well with maybe some blue or gold in an alternate jersey. I think the core jerseys will be green and white, just with new green and a new logo, and there might be a black alternate and a Titans influenced alternate. I think they will use possibly white, grey and black facemasks depending on the uniform

I do not want the black at all, but I agree with you that it appears to be inevitable. Don't see blue or gold incorporated, and really hope they don't add gray on top of the black. If anything, maybe two different shades of green to go with the black and white. 

I still think the coolest color add would be orange (a NY team color for the Knicks, Mets, Islanders), but they won't be that bold. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

I do not want the black at all, but I agree with you that it appears to be inevitable. Don't see blue or gold incorporated, and really hope they don't add gray on top of the black. If anything, maybe two different shades of green to go with the black and white. 

I still think the coolest color add would be orange (a NY team color for the Knicks, Mets, Islanders), but they won't be that bold. 

Orange is the new black?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'll admit I'm nervous about the new uniforms and our team trying to be "cool" with the next generation which is basically a bunch of idiots who sit on computers and play video games. 

I wouldn't mind this all that much maybe. But this would be as far as I'd want to go. 

image.png

I love that big Jet logo for our helmets. I would like a didferent shade of green or different colors than that...but the helmet logo is perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I love that big Jet logo for our helmets. I would like a didferent shade of green or different colors than that...but the helmet logo is perfect.

I like it too actually. It would kinda nice to incorporate our 80’s logo without the whole word jets too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, slats said:

I just get this feeling about blue or gold being used. Allen hinted a bit at it too, even hinted all the colors could change but I cannot see them going away from Green and White.

10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Created this gif from Sam’s latest Instastory. Helmets look metallic. Not sure how I feel.

To be clear: Our all whites like this weekend against the Colts are the best uniform in sports. Absolutely beautiful.

BC06504D-2A69-46CA-8D17-B4596970847A.gif

Looking at these helmets I am wondering if they aren't something that will be used for promotional purposes.  They are all signed in white by Sam and they have his number written by the signature.  Charity raffle donations maybe?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Looking at these helmets I am wondering if they aren't something that will be used for promotional purposes.  They are all signed in white by Sam and they have his number written by the signature.  Charity raffle donations maybe?

Oh good call. I didn’t notice any of the signatures - was distracted by the shiny!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How would orange even work?

Use it as fire out the back of a new Jet logo, then sparingly as an accent color. 

It would give them a lot more marketing options, which is the goal of this whole uniform changing exercise. Adding black doesn't do that, as every team -including the Jets- already has black t-shirts and hats. Adding orange would allow for orange merch, which would be fun. I like, for instance, the Giants' ny logo on a red hat. It's a cool, alternate look. Or how the Seahawks use their green. Having just green and white, or adding black, doesn't add anything like that. 

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Created this gif from Sam’s latest Instastory. Helmets look metallic. Not sure how I feel.

To be clear: Our all whites like this weekend against the Colts are the best uniform in sports. Absolutely beautiful.

to be clear:  our all white uniforms against the LIONS are the best!!!  only difference was the white face mask, which I think looks so much better than the gray.  I get the SBIII reference, which is fine, but hope they stick with the white from now on.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:37 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I don't like it because I think it is going to look stupid, but the Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks all wear blue.  So did the Nets until they moved to Brooklyn and went to these strange 1930's black and white uniforms.  I think the only true New York team that didn't wear blue was the baseball Giants.

Boring blue - navy blue, dark blue, light blue. How many NFL teams have blue as a primary or accent color?  Too many. I'd think the Jets would stay green and white. With some of the new promo materials it looks like they will in fact go with a lighter shade of green - which IMHO - is the right move. Unfortunately, it looks like they may go with a lime green as opposed to a Kellly green which I think would be a mistake.  

I'm back and forth on the helmet color but I think it should be green.  Three of the four teams in the AFCE have white helmets --too many white helmets.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, Adoni Beast said:

On 10/16/2018 at 8:47 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I'll admit I'm nervous about the new uniforms and our team trying to be "cool" with the next generation which is basically a bunch of idiots who sit on computers and play video games. 

I wouldn't mind this all that much maybe. But this would be as far as I'd want to go. 

image.png

I like this. It's got the nod to 80's nostalgia with the large jet wing without reproducing verbatim the 80's wordmark. It's modern and sleek - which is in the spirit of the team name. And it doesn't look like the uniform of any other NFL team (ok, maybe a touch like the Eagles, but lighten the shade of green to differentiate). 

I hope they do something like this instead of any military theme.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, slats said:

If the Jets went blue and orange, color coordinating my outfits from college games to pro games would be very easy.  

17 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Chrome. I thought chrome would be introduced 

7 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

The helmets are chrome with black face masks. This is consistent with the black jerseys with green numbers seen before.

also for what purpose is Darnold signing these? These are probably limited edition but also introducing the new color scheme. 

i would be shocked if these aren’t close to what we will have next year. 

It may be a transitional helmet with a new color scheme (introduce chrome and black) with the old logo and helmet striping.

iwouldnt be shocked after seeing this to have new chrome / black with a new helmet logo and without the old striping pattern next year.

Just now, Vader said:

The helmets are chrome with black face masks. This is consistent with the black jerseys with green numbers seen before.

also for what purpose is Darnold signing these? These are probably limited edition but also introducing the new color scheme. 

It may be a transitional helmet with a new color scheme (introduce chrome and black) with the old logo and helmet striping.

iwouldnt be shocked after seeing this to have new chrome / black with a new helmet logo and without the old striping pattern next year.

no chance.

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

That green chrome looks atrocious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Vader said:

There’s no way that those are part of the new uniform.

As others have said, they’re promotional items for fans.

The new uniforms aren’t even going to be unveiled until April. There’s no way they already have them laying around the equipment room in October.

I remember Chrebet and Curtis Martin signing those alternate black helmets for some raffle 15 years ago. And the Jets have never once worn them in a game.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Vader said:

I don't think so.  A sports store in my local mall has those helmets as well for when athletes come in for autograph signings.  the ones I saw were for the giants and eagles.  same thing with the chrome.

I think people are reading too much into these new uniforms next year!  "chrome helms - MUST be new unis!";  "flags given out at first home game - MUST be new color of unis next year!"  etc.

I like this. It's got the nod to 80's nostalgia with the large jet wing without reproducing verbatim the 80's wordmark. It's modern and sleek - which is in the spirit of the team name. And it doesn't look like the uniform of any other NFL team (ok, maybe a touch like the Eagles, but lighten the shade of green to differentiate). 
I hope they do something like this instead of any military theme.

You’re hitting on the exact reasons I am liking the one in the pic more and more. It’s sleek and gives the nod to the 80’s logo without reproducing it. I haven’t really seen too many options that I like but I don’t even know how close to being real options any of them are. That includes the pic I included. I just found it one a site that had a few options.

Does anyone know if the jets have offered any tip of their hand on what they may be thinking?
Are any of what we are seeing legitimate options?

Remember when the ravens gave the fans the option of choosing the logo when Baltimore stole the Cleveland Browns away from Cleveland? That would be great to do. Give the fans a certain percentage of the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app