JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Darnold probably isn’t the guy but you have to fire Bowles and Maccagnan immediately and start McCown the rest of the way. Try again next year with another QB pick(we’re picking top 3) and see what happens.

I screwed this up. I meant try again with Darnold and another pick next year with a new regime. Apologies. I was getting down voted into Bolivia.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I messed that initial post up. I meant try again with Darnold and another QB next season with a new staff, which is why I said start McCown this season the rest of the way. I’m not throwing in the towel on Sam. This feels like a Jeff Fisher situation.

Your original post said to draft another QB in the top 3.  I will take your word for it but just be honest

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

stop looking for ways to make it not on Sam....he may be a great qb one day but we need to keep it real. he is missing receivers..all the excuses in the world aside. Better throws and we would have points on the board and this would be a different game. 

It is on Sam, exactly.....but he's a rookie, what is the team and the coaches excuses?

Depending on a damn rookie to make up for that putrid performance by everyone else is not what this team needs.  You guys are definitely a battered and disappointed fan base.

Have fun in your misery, I've had enough of this sh*tty football from both of my teams this weekend.  I'm going shopping.  Fight On Sammy.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand why this team refuses to throw the ball down the field. Get rid of Robby Anderson and Terelle Pryor if you want to just throw 5 yard in or out routes all day. You are wasting them.

It would also be nice if the defense decided to actually cover the opposing teams players.

This is the most perplexing thing.  They throw a 5 yard pass to Anderson over the middle.  Can you think of a worse way to use him?  Why not stretch the defense.  Did they forget Anderson caught a bomb vs the lions?   When you have first and 10 at midfield, why not take a shot deep?

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

btw it would be nice if our WR's could get more than 1/2 yard seperation

Need a big time receiver next offseason.  Golden Tate and Kelvin Benjamin are the most realistic targets for us

Sam and Benjamin I think would have a lot of chemistry he’s a similar player to Q

Just now, Augustiniak said:

This is the most perplexing thing.  They throw a 5 yard pass to Anderson over the middle.  Can you think of a worse way to use him?  Why not stretch the defense.  Did they forget Anderson caught a bomb vs the lions?   When you have first and 10 at midfield, why not take a shot deep?

cause he wont hit it.........and even if he does Robby will fumble it.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Agreed. I just don't get it. Those are the types of passes they should be throwing to guys like Enunwa and Kearse, and they do. But there's no point in having Anderson on this team if you aren't going to let him do what he's good at.

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Are we really critizing Darnold for the two deep balls? The first was a perfect throw to Powell who is just too damn slow. The second was an average throw to Enunwa- he’s got to make that play...

the defense should be embarrassed right now 

Just the calls. Especially when your D has not stopped anybody and you need at least a FG in that spot

Watch how much time Sam gets compared to every QB he faces. Mayfield and Bortles have literally had time to do 30 jumping jacks. While the defense is on top of sam when the ball is literally is snapped. I understand rookie mistakes but this kid has it rougher than anyone

Yes, we all know the offense needs an influx of talent but the defense is much more disappointing. They should not be this inept in the passing game. 

This is exactly right. Sam will have his time to grow. We all know that.
The d has been the major focus over the years. It should be where we need them to be fufbthe most part. It is a scheming and motivation issue. The players are there

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, yvj said:

Even if Sam is off, there's still no one really stepping up. How do you build rhythm and confidence with a highly questionable online and receivers letting balls bounce off their hands?

he has more time today than in the last 2 games......if he hit a few more passes he will get in a rhythm

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It probably could have been thrown a little bit better but that was a catchable pass.  This is the NFL.  WRs are supposed to make that catch.

Even if it was caught it's not good enough. That was a TD route that he messed up. Look at the recap of the 1st half of the Eagles game. Same play on the other side of the field from Wentz to Matthews(?) except the QB led him - over the correct shoulder - and it's an easy TD.

He's still a top prospect who should be a damn good QB for a long time, but on that play - catchable or not - the throw was off by a solid 2 yards.

Archived