JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetspenguin said:

Even when Sam has time nobody is open....but this is one of the better corner back combos in the league.

Funny how we NEVER have anyone wide open streaking across the field and every team we play seems to have a few of those per game. 

Our receivers suck outside of Q

Just now, Jets723 said:

I will give you that. The defenses have been tough. But you gotta block at least a little bit. I mean they cant run or have time to pass.  Im not saying Sam has been very good.  But the poor kid is not being helped much at all

They are blocking....................................a little bit

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

this entire coaching staff needs to be fired on the plane back to NY

No. At the press conference after the game.  Sorry to interrupt this press conference but we have breaking news Bowles  and Mac have been fired with the entire coaching staff by Chris Johnson. Bart Scott will take over as DC and we will have a new HC in the next few days. Thank you all.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Our receivers suck outside of Q

I wasnt sure I agreed with this earlier but I think now I am ready to accept that we need some better WR's and honestly even with these guys why cant we ever scheme anyone wide open? Why do our guys never just find an open pocket on the field? Why the **** do we look THIS BAD??? I didnt expect much this year but DAMN.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Sam is rattled.  Looks uncomfortable.  Stupid f*cking franchise.

Gave away Bridgewater for nothing.  Rushed Sam out there for no reason.  This is the result.

And most of you clowns wanted this.

SMH

I was in the keep Teddy camp. With both on the roster we doubled our odds on having found a QB. Jetsiest thing ever to trade him away for a 3rd, considering most of Mac's thirds have been cut within 2 years of being drafted.

Smart move would have been to start Teddy, groom Sam. If Teddy leads us anywhere you franchise him, we have the cap space. Even if Sam was ready to take the job from him, you're paying Sam a rookie deal. 

Our FO has no strategy to any of their tactics. None.

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

2 yards?  I have to rewatch that play.  I thought maybe it was 1 yard off from being a near-perfect throw.  I realize there is a very big difference if a QB can be THAT accurate with a pass btw.  If Enunwa didn't have to slow up, he could have run it to the house.  Baker made some throws last week that were shockingly accurate.  I really want to see what he does this week.

Enunwa had to stop going full speed in the direction he was going so he could turn back in the opposite direction. It was off by 2 yards and was nothing resembling a perfect throw. Off by 1 yard would merely mean stop running without turning his body 180 degrees, but off by 1 yard still wouldn't be the TD it should have been.

It was catchable, but the WR has to twist himself into a pretzel in the opposite direction of his momentum mid-air. Even if it was caught it was still a bad throw, as it was only completed because Enunwa had gotten himself open. A "perfect" throw would have led his receiver, who already had a head start on his man, and would have been a TD.

Just because Darnold is the best QB hope we've had in recent memory, and just because the whole team and coaching staff and FO sucks, doesn't make it blasphemy to call a bad play a bad play.

...and finally -- a play!

Archived