Mel and Todd

Joe W. Namath

4 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I'm thinking that Washington will be the team that tries aggressively to move up and get a QB.  Miami also comes to mind but we will not trade with them.  

Why not?  If the offer is good who cares?  None of the QBs that will be available scare me enough to not want them in the division.   Need to get into the second round somehow.  

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's not wrong unless I'm forgetting someone. Mo, Leo, Sheldon, Coples were all DTs

Correct, they’ve actually avoided them in the first 4 rounds.   Mauldin and Jenkins were 3rd rounders, but they’ve all but ignored true edge rushers in the draft.  

Josh Allen fits what this team needs to a T.  He is an explosive athlete, who is an exceptional pass rusher, but can also drop into coverage (if needed) and can play as an OLB or DE.

My bet is he is the pick for us and Id be thrilled with it.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Josh Allen fits what this team needs to a T.  He is an explosive athlete, who is an exceptional pass rusher, but can also drop into coverage (if needed) and can play as an OLB or DE.

My bet is he is the pick for us and Id be thrilled with it.

That’s if the Jets still play a 3-4 with the new regime.  Not sure he is the best fit for a 4-3.  

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the Jets just need to accept that they have terrible luck with drafting pass rushers and move the **** on. They drafted 8 billion DL and LB over the last decade and not only could they not get near the QB but most of them aren't even on the team anymore. It's time to move on. The Sopranos is done. Find a new show.

You say terrible luck, i say blatant ignoring of athletic metrics. Not that the best athlete is going to work out, but you’re basically not even giving a realistic shot when you take guys like Lorenzo Mauldin and dylan donahue. 

Also doesn’t help when you hire coaches like pepper johnson who tells guys not to use a swim move because he doesn’t like the concept of it. Or you tell your edge rushers like calvin pace and bryan thomas and etc etc they need to bulk up to be able to stop the run. 

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Why not?  If the offer is good who cares?  None of the QBs that will be available scare me enough to not want them in the division.   Need to get into the second round somehow.  

I don't disagree with you, i just don't see a team helping a division rival acquire a potential franchise QB.  When was the last time an AFC East team has done a trade with another AFC East team?  I can't recall any, but may be forgetting some.

10 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I don't disagree with you, i just don't see a team helping a division rival acquire a potential franchise QB.  When was the last time an AFC East team has done a trade with another AFC East team?  I can't recall any, but may be forgetting some.

The Pats traded Bledsoe to the Bills..

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

He's not wrong unless I'm forgetting someone. Mo, Leo, Sheldon, Coples were all DTs

Two of the four were 4-3 defensive tackles/3-4 defensive ends in college...but in the pros, they were asked to abandon their god-given talent in order to stand up and play linebacker because our coaching staff is oh so creative.

Nothing cuter than watching Quinton Coples and his 285lb frame line up as a cornerback...

19 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

Leonard Williams was considered a top 5 prospect once. So was DeWayne Robertson.

Yeah, this dline in the top 10 as locks and safe players has been proven wrong time and time again.

They bust there as much if not more than any other position.

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Yeah, this dline in the top 10 as locks and safe players has been proven wrong time and time again.

They bust there as much if not more than any other position.

Williams, Richardson, Wilkerson were not busts.  Neither was Robertson.  Even when those guys are not busts, it is no way to build a team. 

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I just bought a new tv

If we draft a dlineman I will have to buy another new tc.

better get yourself a copy of consumer reports...

The Jets, with Wilkerson Coples Richardson and Harrison, selected Leonard Williams solely on his "bust proof" label... this year there's about 3 to 4 DTs with the same aura...

What do you think's gonna happen. If three 1st round picks plus an diamond on the dline didn't stop Macc-attack from drafting Williams... you REALLY think he's going to practice prudence this year

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO 

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

despite what people say about the OL

the worst position on the team is edge rusher 

they have Jenkins on one side and no real starter (Luvu? Martin?) on the other 

If Bosa is there, he has to be the pick. Doesn't matter if your base is 3-4 or 4-3, the guy will be a beast. 

16 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If Josh Allen blows up the combine with a sick three cone I could live with him as an edge rusher. I'd prefer to move down and take a franchise LT or the best WR in the draft if possible.

Draft Allen.  Sign Fowler.  Finally have a pass rush

Archived