Jamal Adams is Playing at an Elite Level

GreenFish

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

How many teams get nothing but elite players in one year? Yea we need more talent but come on one great player beats none

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Scott was being facetious. One year from now when Adams is holding out for CB1 money, I’m going to post something like, “players should get everything they can,” and Scott will instinctively post “You know nothing. Adams is a box safety and they’re not worth that much” and then I’ll post that Antonio Banderas gif where he appears really satisfied with a thought he’s experiencing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-37, 1-14, 5-163, 5-159, 2-33, 1-14, 1-17, 1-29  (2018 pro bowl safeties)

1-6

He is a great run stopper,  he has improved his pass coverage though I'd still like to see the % of plays he is actually asked to cover people vs other players/schemes.  

As for flying around, this is great at times but if you are undisciplined, as he was in the 2nd half of the pats game teams will totally take advantage of it.

It will be interesting to see what he does under a new DC next year.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2-37, 1-14, 5-163, 5-159, 2-33, 1-14, 1-17, 1-29  (2018 pro bowl safeties)

1-6

He is a great run stopper,  he has improved his pass coverage though I'd still like to see the % of plays he is actually asked to cover people vs other players/schemes.  

As for flying around, this is great at times but if you are undisciplined, as he was in the 2nd half of the pats game teams will totally take advantage of it.

Do you actually believe this or you just can't admit that you have been dead wrong on this player.  

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Team is so bad I can neither get excited by Adams’ syrengths nor upset at his shortcomings. We have entered the Apathy Zone.

Jason Myers has been my favorite player all year. He’s auditioning for a REAL team by being great this year. We lucked into a great kicker and will surely scare him away along with others. It will be eye opening when FA starts and how many of our own flat out leave because of how horrible our organization is. Prepare for darker times. 

Well my main problem with Adams last year is that he ran his mouth like he was an all-pro and played like a chump. Yeah, yeah guys will say he was just a rookie but he still ran his mouth with those terrible #'s. I wanted him to STFU and back it it up on the field. He has done that this season. That being said I have said it before and I will say it again if the best player on your team is a safety chances are you ain't winning anything and your team sucks.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fans: meh. Jamal is a good box safety

Wingnuts: HE’S NOT A BOX SAFETY

PFF: The numbers say he’s a good box safety.

Wingnuts: 

D8B1C9D1-954A-469E-8247-3E52A2428CCD.png

Oh, you missed the part where they kept saying that he’s one of the best all-round safeties? And we can’t forget the best part where they said he was tied for third in Pass Deflections as well as holding opposing QB’s to a 56 passer rating.?

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t know about that.  Derwin covers a lot more ground in the secondary.  Derwin is more of a fluid athlete.  Jamal is good around the LOS, but Derwin is a better combo of a FS/SS.  

I think Derwin is the better athlete of the 2, but I think Adams is a more of an instinctive player than James. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think the other interesting thing to see is how will he play when he's not asked to do it all and has some help. I think if the Jets properly address the edge position, that's going to elevate Adams a bit more. 

As it stands, TE's have been held in check all year. That's partly Adams, and partly Lee. But we don't get torched by TEs and backs coming out of the backfield any more. Even athletic guys like Njokue, Gronk and Burton have been held in check. And guys like Duke Johnson, and McCoy did not have an impact in the passing game. 

We face Gronk and Jimmy Graham in the coming weeks. Going to be interesting how he holds against Gronk again and how he does against Graham. 

I don't see him being the type to get tons of INTs. Just doesn't seem like he has the hands. But considering how much he has improved in coverage, I'll just wait and see. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh, you missed the part where they kept saying that he’s one of the best all-round safeties? And we can’t forget the best part where they said he was tied for third in Pass Deflections as well as holding opposing QB’s to a 56 passer rating.?

“All around safety”=“she has a great personality”

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Jamal is nowhere near elite.  A big fish in a small pond is really an average fish in a lake.  He hasn't made a game changing difference since he has been here.  Is he good? Too soon to tell, he is an average NFL player which makes him look elite on this crap fest of a team.

Yeah, no where near elite. Big fish in a small pond. 

Lol 

fantasy, his numbers are in the top 3 in the NFL not just the Jets.

yall sound delusional.

If Adams is getting reps in any given game at box safety, deep safety, linebacker, edge rusher, outside corner and slot corner...... 

and.... 

..... He has an elite grade 

Do we need to come up with a new position name for him? 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The same numbers that say he’s not as good as Marcus Maye?

This isn’t real life.

are you serious.

pull these numbers up right now. Unless Marcus Maye is a one of those top 3 safeties in the NFL too, you’re crazy!

you are trolling me hard right now and I’m letting you lmao.

Marcus Maye can’t even stay on the field long enough to try to accumulate the numbers Jamal put up.

We've beaten this to death, but he's a super sound tackler and knows how to find space getting behind the LOS, but he's never going to be the guy that's baiting QB's into bad throws and turning the ball over. The Berry's, Thomas' of the world will always have more value at the position because they can turn the ball over. Ed Reed was obviously the gold standard for this.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This isn’t real life.

are you serious.

pull these numbers up right now. Unless Marcus Maye is a one of those top 3 safeties in the NFL too, you’re crazy!

you are trolling me hard right now and I’m letting you lmao.

Marcus Maye can’t even stay on the field long enough to try to accumulate the numbers Jamal put up.

Are you referring to the PFF numbers or not, my dude?

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I screen shotted those too. but Marcus Mayes smaller sample size also affects PFF grades, that’s why I initially didn’t post that. Jamal still leads out of those two.

Maye:

3B40287E-BE09-447D-A1DA-C3F8AF61FBED.thumb.jpeg.5bb794addb2dfc9ea67abb9d607b2884.jpeg

Jamal:

EC4EC299-4A96-4B20-9D83-C90E29673E55.thumb.jpeg.37a2b315cbb5b603e4df76370c213f35.jpeg

If it were Maye drafted in the first, and Adams in the second, you can be sure Tom would be arguing the opposite. It is his contrarian style that he thinks is so appealing.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

If it were Maye drafted in the first, and Adams in the second, you can be sure Tom would be arguing the opposite. It is his contrarian style that he thinks is so appealing.

Lol he’s just trolling the sh*t out of me and I’m entertaining it.

theres no way he actually believe what he’s saying. T0m knows what he’s doing. He’s no dummy.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I screen shotted those too. but Marcus Mayes smaller sample size also affects PFF grades, that’s why I initially didn’t post that. Jamal still leads out of those two.

Maye:

3B40287E-BE09-447D-A1DA-C3F8AF61FBED.thumb.jpeg.5bb794addb2dfc9ea67abb9d607b2884.jpeg

Jamal:

EC4EC299-4A96-4B20-9D83-C90E29673E55.thumb.jpeg.37a2b315cbb5b603e4df76370c213f35.jpeg

Wait what are you saying the PFFs numbers are imperfect and subject to criteria other than actual performance 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait what are you saying the PFFs numbers are imperfect and subject to criteria other than actual performance 

What I’m saying is Jamal Adams’s isn’t affected by this because he hasn’t missed a single snap. His numbers are legit opposed to a guy who missed a lot of time but has done solid when out there.

this doesn’t change the legitimacy of Adams PFF grade 

There’s nothing masking his grade 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What I’m saying is Jamal Adams’s isn’t affected by this because he hasn’t missed a single snap. His numbers are legit opposed to a guy who missed a lot of time but has done solid when out there.

this doesn’t change the legitimacy of Adams PFF grade 

There’s nothing masking his grade 

Would you say you’ve unskewed the pff numbers

Even if he grades as a top 5 safety, he still doesnt turn the ball over and wasnt a good pick @1.6 unless your strategy was to land a solid player at a low value position, which seems like a poor strategy. Imo he needs to Ed Reed to justify the draft slot.

Glad he's gotten better and for sure is one of our best players but we have one of the worst rosters in the football sport so that statement needs context.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Even if he grades as a top 5 safety, he still doesnt turn the ball over and wasnt a good pick @1.6 unless your strategy was to land a solid player at a low value position, which seems like a poor strategy. Imo he needs to Ed Reed to justify the draft slot.

Glad goes gotten better and for sure is one of our best players but we have one of the worst rosters in the football sport so that statement needs context.

4 FF and a pick in 12 games is pretty good in terms of turnovers.

Archived