JETS VS PATS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD. FINAL GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

Creepy Lurker

Well, this season blew by. I can’t freakin believe we are in week 17 and down to our final game. This offseason will be INSANE for us with all the non stop news/speculation/changes. It’s going to get crazy around here. So we might as well enjoy this 1 final game.

Everyone here no matter what differing views/opinions should try to enjoy this last week and hopefully we will see Sam close out the year on a high note. I’d like nothing more than to beat the crap out of the Pats with our less than healthy offense and put fear into that team and all of their phony fans. Keeping them from getting a 1st round bye would be great too. 

Let them see first hand what’s in their future for the next 20 years. Time to take the power from those cheaters and get ready for the future. We have hope because we have Sam.

It’s been fun being Captain for this season and thank you again for selecting me. Greatest Jets Message Board/group of fans and it’s not even close. I’ve lurked on them all for years. 

“Lets get this sh*t started!!!!” (Ronnie the limo driver voice)

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!

E420F3FE-EA6D-4F81-AF73-C0136D14F7B3.thumb.jpeg.9435c6feadf21efa970a10399942792b.jpeg

97C5F8C0-921D-410D-BBAB-8A6E8168F420.jpeg.4df39e8a209a23703851fa40b5fb0fc5.jpeg

8547D04F-5D0D-4FF1-BE22-2F23F1238E3F.gif.8dae556403367c94b33203d34d54b53c.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chances of us winning are very slim, but I hope we do. With of course the most important thing no matter what being Darnold's continued development. 

But like, F*ck a tank if we can beat the Patriots in Foxborough. Darnold winning tomorrow would be the event that tips the AFCE into our favor for the next 15 years.

This offseason will be very bad and mismanaged. We’re 100% going to get out-maneuvered for coaches, staff, free agents and publicity. There will be a who’s-who list of candidates that won’t even pick up the phone because of Mike Maccagnan’s continued employment here. Mehta is embedded with Macc’s people, so all your casual Jets fan friends will be spouting Mehta’s ahistorical, obviously false, Maccagnan spin for the next twelve months. Whoever ends up coaching here, your Mehta-inspired friend will say was *actually* the best hire because “sure, he’s only a position coach, but the Texan’s defensive backs have overperformed under him,” or “actually, he coached in the most competitive conference in D-II football,” or “He was good in Oakland/Jacksonville/Tennessee/Miami. He just ran into hard luck in each of those 12 years and three different locations where he was fully in charge of those respective operations.” If you want a thematic metaphor for this off-season, imagine Chris Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold, Manish Mehta, UnitedWhoFans, and Pac are all trapped in a long-abandoned and haunted insane asylum, and Mehta convinces the group that it’s a good idea to send Darnold down to check the fuse box. 

As for this game, it will be a mess. I’m sure the Jets will compete as a way to honor Bowles, and I’m sure the Patriots will treat this game like a scrimmage, with plenty of close-ups of a frustrated, if bored, Tom Brady leering at one of his hung-over wide receivers, wondering why they didn’t psychically divine that Tom wanted them to turn left instead of right. The Patriots will still win 27-17 and they’ll be embarassed it was that close, and the Jets will be excited they were within a field goal at the end of the third quarter. It will likely also be Gronkowski’s last game, so there’s a non-zero chance Tom tries to hit him for three TDs, which will be fun for me, personally, for no reason, at all, but Gronk doing three Gronk spikes on the strong safety version of Freddie Mitchell would be pretty, pretty good.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This offseason will be very bad and mismanaged. We’re 100% going to get out-maneuvered for coaches, staff, free agents and publicity. There will be a who’s-who list of candidates that won’t even pick up the phone because of Mike Maccagnan’s continued employment here. Mehta is embedded with Macc’s people, so all your casual Jets fan friends will be spouting Mehta’s ahistorical, obviously false, Maccagnan spin for the next twelve months. Whoever ends up coaching here, your Mehta-inspired friend will say was *actually* the best hire because “sure, he’s only a position coach, but the Texan’s defensive backs have overperformed under him,” or “actually, he coached in the most competitive conference in D-II football,” or “He was good in Oakland/Jacksonville/Tennessee/Miami. He just ran into hard luck in each of those 12 years and three different locations where he was fully in charge of those respective operations.” If you want a thematic metaphor for this off-season, imagine Chris Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold, Manish Mehta, UnitedWhoFans, and Pac are all trapped in a long-abandoned and haunted insane asylum, and Mehta convinces the group that it’s a good idea to send Darnold down to check the fuse box. 

As for this game, it will be a mess. I’m sure the Jets will compete as a way to honor Bowles, and I’m sure the Patriots will treat this game like a scrimmage, with plenty of close-ups of a frustrated, if bored, Tom Brady leering at one of his hung-over wide receivers, wondering why they didn’t psychically divine that Tom wanted them to turn left instead of right. The Patriots will still win 27-17 and they’ll be embarassed it was that close, and the Jets will be excited they were within a field goal at the end of the third quarter. It will likely also be Gronkowski’s last game, so there’s a non-zero chance Tom tries to hit him for three TDs, which will be fun for me, personally, for no reason, at all, but Gronk doing three Gronk spikes on the strong safety version of Freddie Mitchell would be pretty, pretty good.

Your posts are awesome. Things will get interesting starting tomorrow and I’m sure it’ll be very tense around here regarding moves. I just hope that for today, we can play well and surprise. Mainly because of Sam.

I believe he’s our only hope and I’m honestly only interested in his performance for this game. Like 90% him and 10% the rest of the team. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I believe he’s our only hope and I’m honestly only interested in his performance for this game. Like 90% him and 10% the rest of the team.

Soooooo, you’re dressing up like a 2009 Detroit Lions fan for Halloween?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Might as well get ahead of the game and dress up like the Arizona Cardinals janitor then.

Haha. I’m actually curious if his mood/emotion is different at all this games it’s just so bizarre how he has NEVER showed anything no matter what the situation. Today may be a little different but probably not. 

I still think this will be a great learning tool for Sam. They will mix it up on him and confuse and their D players follow their scheme. This game is inconsequential for us although a W would be nice and NYE gift for fans. But I can see the usual kind of game with them. It's close in the first half but they score late. And then after winning the toss get the ball at the start of the third period and score again. After that it's all down hill. NEP 30 Jets 17.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re wondering how low the bar is for this franchise, the general consensus of the fan base this morning is that it’s great news we’re firing the coach and have a chance at the first overall pick.

This is Year Four of a rebuild.

No. Year four of the pre-build. Rebuild starts after that smart  guy. 

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Your posts are awesome. Things will get interesting starting tomorrow and I’m sure it’ll be very tense around here regarding moves. I just hope that for today, we can play well and surprise. Mainly because of Sam.

we will compete for 3 quarters, after which our defense will mentally go home

Archived