JETS VS PATS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD. FINAL GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

we will compete for 3 quarters, after which our defense will mentally go home

Well if reports are true and we are down our top 3 corners, we are screwed but Sam will have a chance to sling it. Problem there is that our receivers are injured too. It could have been a good game but we are a mess.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well if reports are true and we are down our top 3 corners, we are screwed but Sam will have a chance to sling it. Problem there is that our receivers are injured too. It could have been a good game but we are a mess.

So, top 4 corners are Robinson, Jones, Nickerson and Skrine.  Going up against Tom Brady.  Should be fun.

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s weird how the leader of men at safety can’t get the corners to show up for practice. The culture has changed!!

You have bizarre opinions and are usually wrong but you're not stupid.

This post, and the one Shane made earlier saying the same thing, are asinine.

It will be interesting to see if Adams rebounds from his horrible game last week. Or if he plays like garbage again.  

He is the cornerstone of the Bowles defense, so lets hope his play lives up to the reputation and all the praise he gets. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This offseason will be very bad and mismanaged. We’re 100% going to get out-maneuvered for coaches, staff, free agents and publicity. There will be a who’s-who list of candidates that won’t even pick up the phone because of Mike Maccagnan’s continued employment here. Mehta is embedded with Macc’s people, so all your casual Jets fan friends will be spouting Mehta’s ahistorical, obviously false, Maccagnan spin for the next twelve months. Whoever ends up coaching here, your Mehta-inspired friend will say was *actually* the best hire because “sure, he’s only a position coach, but the Texan’s defensive backs have overperformed under him,” or “actually, he coached in the most competitive conference in D-II football,” or “He was good in Oakland/Jacksonville/Tennessee/Miami. He just ran into hard luck in each of those 12 years and three different locations where he was fully in charge of those respective operations.” If you want a thematic metaphor for this off-season, imagine Chris Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold, Manish Mehta, UnitedWhoFans, and Pac are all trapped in a long-abandoned and haunted insane asylum, and Mehta convinces the group that it’s a good idea to send Darnold down to check the fuse box. 

As for this game, it will be a mess. I’m sure the Jets will compete as a way to honor Bowles, and I’m sure the Patriots will treat this game like a scrimmage, with plenty of close-ups of a frustrated, if bored, Tom Brady leering at one of his hung-over wide receivers, wondering why they didn’t psychically divine that Tom wanted them to turn left instead of right. The Patriots will still win 27-17 and they’ll be embarassed it was that close, and the Jets will be excited they were within a field goal at the end of the third quarter. It will likely also be Gronkowski’s last game, so there’s a non-zero chance Tom tries to hit him for three TDs, which will be fun for me, personally, for no reason, at all, but Gronk doing three Gronk spikes on the strong safety version of Freddie Mitchell would be pretty, pretty good.

Thanks for bringing your usual positivity to the table. 

Key to winning will be defense. We don't  have to sack Brady, just knock him to the ground a bunch of times and make Sony Michel look like a rookie RB. If we do those to things, the Pats will have huge  problems scoring. When Michel is in, sell out for the run, when White is in, sell out for the pass. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This offseason will be very bad and mismanaged. We’re 100% going to get out-maneuvered for coaches, staff, free agents and publicity. There will be a who’s-who list of candidates that won’t even pick up the phone because of Mike Maccagnan’s continued employment here. Mehta is embedded with Macc’s people, so all your casual Jets fan friends will be spouting Mehta’s ahistorical, obviously false, Maccagnan spin for the next twelve months. Whoever ends up coaching here, your Mehta-inspired friend will say was *actually* the best hire because “sure, he’s only a position coach, but the Texan’s defensive backs have overperformed under him,” or “actually, he coached in the most competitive conference in D-II football,” or “He was good in Oakland/Jacksonville/Tennessee/Miami. He just ran into hard luck in each of those 12 years and three different locations where he was fully in charge of those respective operations.” If you want a thematic metaphor for this off-season, imagine Chris Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold, Manish Mehta, UnitedWhoFans, and Pac are all trapped in a long-abandoned and haunted insane asylum, and Mehta convinces the group that it’s a good idea to send Darnold down to check the fuse box. 

As for this game, it will be a mess. I’m sure the Jets will compete as a way to honor Bowles, and I’m sure the Patriots will treat this game like a scrimmage, with plenty of close-ups of a frustrated, if bored, Tom Brady leering at one of his hung-over wide receivers, wondering why they didn’t psychically divine that Tom wanted them to turn left instead of right. The Patriots will still win 27-17 and they’ll be embarassed it was that close, and the Jets will be excited they were within a field goal at the end of the third quarter. It will likely also be Gronkowski’s last game, so there’s a non-zero chance Tom tries to hit him for three TDs, which will be fun for me, personally, for no reason, at all, but Gronk doing three Gronk spikes on the strong safety version of Freddie Mitchell would be pretty, pretty good.

Resigning Quincy (and it's not a bad move) means Maccagnan stays, and not simply as Director of Scouting but as GM.That's going to preclude a mess of good candidates who won't even take the interview under this setup. Could still luck out and get a really good college offense-oriented coach. But that would be dumb luck. More likely looking at the next NFL career assistant who has some connection to the GM.

The Jim Caldwell balloon-if you've already picked out your guy, at least talk to Bienemy if that's the Rooney Rule thing, someone who isn't a retread hack. Alas, Johnsons aren't that smart to pick a young coach's brain to get some idea what the hell works offensively.

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Resigning Quincy (and it's not a bad move) means Maccagnan stays, and not simply as Director of Scouting but as GM.That's going to preclude a mess of good candidates who won't even take the interview under this setup. Could still luck out and get a really good college offense-oriented coach. But that would be dumb luck. More likely looking at the next NFL career assistant who has some connection to the GM.

The Jim Caldwell balloon-if you've already picked out your guy, at least talk to Bienemy if that's the Rooney Rule thing, someone who isn't a retread hack. Alas, Johnsons aren't that smart to pick a young coach's brain to get some idea what the hell works offensively.

On Bienemy, I wouldn't make it just a "box check" interview either.  Get to know this guy, give him a hard look.  He may not get any HC offers this year but he could be in the mix again in the next few years and, with the Jets, you never know when we'll be in the market for a HC again.

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Word. It’s jist hard to see who would be the guy with the cachet to go out and trick a real coach into taking this job.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

If Jets somehow manage to fork out a win, is there any possibility Bowles will be kept on?

I keep telling myself no, lol

Chris set the bar super low at "improvement" and Bowles couldn't get over it. 

At this point just handle it with class and be done with it 

If we were playing any other team in the league today I'd be ok with a loss fir draft position. But today its the Patriots, the dark side of the force, the team and players that I hate more than any or anyone I ever have and possibly ever will so I'd love a win. That said if we upset these guys is the Johnson's stupid enough to extend Bowles after a Patriots loss?? I'm actually quite worried about a win for Todd ?

Just now, Paradis said:

Surprised The TruJ benching isn't getting more play on JN today. We're essentially paying this guy a cool milly to sit on duff in street clothes today. 

Bowles Christmas gift to Tru.   If you want to discipline him MAKE him play.  Like every down plus special teams.  

Haha. I’m actually curious if his mood/emotion is different at all this games it’s just so bizarre how he has NEVER showed anything no matter what the situation. Today may be a little different but probably not. 
It would be interesting to see a fired up Bowles full of emotion running up and down the sideline but I won't hold my breath

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived