Trade #3 with Raiders for two at the back of the 1st

BornJetsFan1983

Saw this question on FB: i for the record would do it if you add in a 2nd rounder. Two lineman would be worth alot more to us than say another team so def worth it for us. But some say we could get alot more. I don't know about that. 2 firsts sounds good to me. What say you?

"Would you trade the 3rd overall to Oakland for picks 24 and 27?"

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Saw this question on FB: i for the record would do it if you add in a 2nd rounder. Two lineman would be worth alot more to us than say another team so def worth it for us. But some say we could get alot more. I don't know about that. 2 firsts sounds good to me. What say you?

to go from 3rd to 24th and 27th....you would need a 1 next year.

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Why not? This is seriously the worst draft I can remember at the top.

Because that’s total sh*t value.

I’m not even one of those draft value chart purists, but that deal sucks for the Jets.

They’d have to toss in next years 1st rounder as well for me to even consider it.

Falling back that far not only are you missing out on the bluechip EDGE/DT’s, but you’d also be passing on guys like Jonah Williams, A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf, etc.

Trade chart values:

#3: 2,200 —- NYJ

#24: 740 —- OAK

#27: 680 —-OAK

(the difference is 780 pts)

...we would need to throw in our 5th rounder (43 points) and take 

2(35): 550 —- OAK

3(66): 260 —— OAK

7(194): 13.5 ——-OAK

...to make everything balance perfectly. It’s obvi a give or take, but that’s how the chart would value the trade. 

Trade chart values:
#3: 2,200 —- NYJ
#24: 740 —- OAK
#27: 680 —-OAK
(the difference is 780 pts)
...we would need to throw in our 5th rounder (43 points) and take 
2(35): 550 —- OAK
3(66): 260 —— OAK
7(194): 13.5 ——-OAK
...to make everything balance perfectly. It’s obvi a give or take, but that’s how the chart would value the trade. 

Unless they throw in one of their talented young players to ballence things out. Someone like...oh wait they traded all of their talent away already

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Guys...you picked the wrong week to start sniffing glue.  If the Raiders want to move up to 3, they have 4 and could add a 2nd or 3rd rounder to do it.  Gruden has a lot of spots to fill and I really don't think there's even a remote chance he would toss multiple picks (and it would take a lot of them) to move up that high.  If he wants a QB, he starts with 4 and moves up.  Now I would definitely consider swapping 3 and 4 for a 2nd rounder but only after shopping the pick around hard first.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Unless they throw in one of their talented young players to ballence things out. Someone like...oh wait they traded all of their talent away already

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I like your style.  

A move to #3 would probably be to replace Carr who could fetch something in return, say the NYG second round pick 2(37):530 which they could include in the deal in lieu of the 5th for 7th. 

Why not? This is seriously the worst draft I can remember at the top.
That's why I dont see Oakland trading up....mainly because they dont need a QB and it seems they are trying to accumulate picks.

If for whatever reason they do wanna trade up though, I'd want more than two late 1st rounders. Would have to throw in a 2nd (maybe this years and next years) or a 2nd and a 3rd to make it more adequate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

because gruden doesn't like carr and vice versa? funny because carr had his best season this past year.

IF (big if) Gruden wanted to move on from Carr, he could probably get the equivalent of a mid first for him (WAS for example).  He could then use 4 and 27 or 35 to move up wherever he needs to in order to get whichever guy he wants.  He'd still end up with his QB, 15, 24 and either 27 or 35.   He can get an EDGE guy to partially replace Mack, a WR, and something else nice for the pantry.  Wouldn't be the worst offseason in NFL history.

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Guys...you picked the wrong week to start sniffing glue.  If the Raiders want to move up to 3, they have 4 and could add a 2nd or 3rd rounder to do it.  Gruden has a lot of spots to fill and I really don't think there's even a remote chance he would toss multiple picks (and it would take a lot of them) to move up that high.  If he wants a QB, he starts with 4 and moves up.  Now I would definitely consider swapping 3 and 4 for a 2nd rounder but only after shopping the pick around hard first.

Yeah, this. 

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

IF (big if) Gruden wanted to move on from Carr, he could probably get the equivalent of a mid first for him (WAS for example).  He could then use 4 and 27 or 35 to move up wherever he needs to in order to get whichever guy he wants.  He'd still end up with his QB, 15, 24 and either 27 or 35.   He can get an EDGE guy to partially replace Mack, a WR, and something else nice for the pantry.  Wouldn't be the worst offseason in NFL history.

if he was moving on from carr he'd do it next year if there's a guy he loves in this draft.  carr did have a good season and he's good enough to get the raiders back into the hunt.  the raiders have a number of holes that will need filled first.

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Even without this being a huge QB year, the value from late 1st (essentially high 2nd) to 3rd overall is huge. I'm not going to do the math but I would think AT LEAST next years 1st. But with Jonah likely gone at that point, is there a cluster of 2nd tier lineman you're looking at?

When I think trade back, personally, I'm thinking a few spots to make taking Jonah more palatable for me. Havent really considered going that far back tbh

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Raiders wait to see if a QB they like slips to #4, if not they wait til next year to take a QB. If the guy they like does fall to #4 then they will trade Carr on draft day for future picks. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

Thanks for the info John.

Archived