Dowell Loggains Hired as OC

JetsFanatic

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ripping the Dowell Loggains hire is like ripping the Kacey Rodgers hire under Bowles. It literally means nothing. This will be Gase's offense, therefore Loggains will only be as awful/good as Gase is.

not true... bowles Didn't run the Defense he Allowed Kacey to run it... the 2 weeks Kacey was out the defense actually played pretty good under bowles… when Kacey came back bowles again gave him the reins... & that was Bowles's problem.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripping the Dowell Loggains hire is like ripping the Kacey Rodgers hire under Bowles. It literally means nothing. This will be Gase's offense, therefore Loggains will only be as awful/good as Gase is.

yeah and gase also had spectacular offenses when he ran the show.  Also the kacy rodgers thing...is it good to repeat that nonsense

25 minutes ago, jetsons said:

not true... bowles Didn't run the Defense he Allowed Kacey to run it... the 2 weeks Kacey was out the defense actually played pretty good under bowles… when Kacey came back bowles again gave him the reins... & that was Bowles's problem.

Eh, it was his defense, and he wanted someone who would run it. I really don't think a different DC would've made much of a difference.

Either way, I believe Gase already said that he wants to call the plays, so I don't see Dowell making much of a difference.

Loggains will be running Gase's offense, much like Rodgers ran Bowles' defense.

Not surprised that point was lost on you.

Except he's not..  Gase is running Gase's offense.. 

Bowles handed the reigns to Kacey who destroyed his defense.  There's a reason that Bowles was a highly sought after DC candidate while Rodgers was stuffed back into Bowles' marsupial pouch.

54 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Loggains doesn’t really have anything to do here, which is why this hire is Good

he's a glorified QB coach and sounding board for Gase.  It just sounds more official to call him an OC.

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except he's not..  Gase is running Gase's offense.. 

Bowles handed the reigns to Kacey who destroyed his defense.  There's a reason that Bowles was a highly sought after DC candidate while Rodgers was stuffed back into Bowles' marsupial pouch.

I think you give Bowles too much credit.  Watching the pats double cover Hill last week reminded me of just how bad Bowles was.  He tried to cover a top 3 WR with a backup safety.  Rex always has a game plan specific to the team he played.  Bowles was just plain awful.  

I think of myself as a patient and forgiving fan, but this hire is one where I'm not going to make an excuse. If the best sell one can give for an Offensive Coordinator "Sure his offenses have all been in the pits but it's not like he'll actually be running the offense here anyway!" there's a problem.

He's never been good at this job, he hasn't proven to be instrumental to any quality concepts or whatever (which was the sell for the last guy) and doesn't seem to have any upside. He's really good at... letting Gase take charge I guess? That's our man, our second in command in the offense. Wow.

Those who are acting like Loggains is basically the guy in the basement in office space are misinformed.

Yes Gase is calling the plays and Yes it’s Gase’s playbook, but Loggains will be resposible for implementing the game plan each week which obviously is important.

Am I excited about this hire? Absolutely not, but Gase obviously knows more about this guy than we do. 

Just now, WayneChrebet80 said:

Those who are acting like Loggains is basically the guy in the basement in office space are misinformed.

Yes Gase is calling the plays and Yes it’s Gase’s playbook, but Loggains will be resposible for implementing the game plan each week which obviously is important.

Am I excited about this hire? Absolutely not, but Gase obviously knows more about this guy than we do. 

You’d think he’d know that he sucks at his job and has yet to develop a QB or have a top offense. I think Gase is a bug eyed egomaniac who wants to be surrounded by “yes sir” types. The only good thing the FO has done so far is hire Williams as DC. 

19 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

What a surprise! A HC bringing in someone he's comfortable with. 

That’s the problem. He’s comfortable with a guy with a loser record. Some of us were hoping the owners/FO would of said “no, you tell his ass to go back to the ******* shire and we’ll find a OC we want”. 

2 hours ago, usapaw said:

Same whiny people every day. Get out of your basement and do anything productive. Always wondered why people have nothing to do all day but go on a chat board and comment on every post? Yeah, yeah I know it is all because you have met with wild success in everything you do. :) SOJFs. This coaching crew is the best attempt the JETs have made in the last 5  years. It may well fail but give it a chance. Haters are gonna hate.

How come the rest of the NFL gets a pass for not catching the Patriots?  Go Rams!

Some Jets fans love to whine about everything, it's the Joe Benigno syndrome.   Adam Gase runs the offense and calls the plays. The OC is nothing more than a glorified assistant teaching Gase's system.  It should be someone Gase is comfortable with and it is.  The DC was a more important hire. 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Some Jets fans love to whine about everything, it's the Joe Benigno syndrome.   Adam Gase runs the offense and calls the plays. The OC is nothing more than a glorified assistant teaching Gase's system.  It should be someone Gase is comfortable with and it is.  The DC was a more important hire. 

And Gase’s offenses have been so good that his OC doesn’t matter. They both stink. The DC is the only good thing so far. 

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

So Gase will call the plays first year, things will look good. Gase will then announce he wants to focus on the whole team and give play calling duties to Loggains. Offense doesn’t do so well that year. Gase continues to say he won’t call plays but clearly has a hand in things. 

3rd year offense goes up and down, back and forth who’s actually in charge of offense and then eventually everyone’s fired. 

I thought the same, except he isn’t a first time coach so maybe he’ll just be the guy that calls the plays, like Andy Reid (not a comparison of skill between the two). 

It’s insane, even by Jets fan standards, that after watching Kacy Rodgers for 4 years that some people are attempting to justify this cronyism hire..  And this shortstack even already has a record as OC to go off of- and it sucks tiny dolphin balls. 

He’s sucked with Tennessee. He’s sucked with the Bears. And he sucked with Miami. Hmm. Wonder what he’s going to bring to the table here?

12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When "sh*tzy" came back to earth, and Jameis Winston was reinstituted  into the starting lineup, is it your contention that one Todd  Monken was not involved  in the decision making process?  Just wondering.

Beats the hell outta me.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And that goes back to my original point that it's useless to get worked up about this hire, one way or another.

While, yeah, this is the Gase show, I’d rather have the lackey butt boy assistant to be a coach who’s not been an abject failure everywhere he’s been.  I mean  at least he won’t be our QB coach or helping out with game planning. Oh wait.

Archived