Free Agency Rumors (Jets Related)

KRL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He loves to injure and knock out USC QBs, then brag about it on social media as his greatest joy, years after the fact, well into his nfl career.  Overrated.

At least you’re not bitter about it, though 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Oh man, let this be true.  Barr is one of the few players I'd be happy over paying.  IMO he's a 3-4 OLB, playing out of position in a 4-3.  And still made several Pro Bowls.  His lack of sacks will keep his cost manageable.  IMO his sack total will go way up in the 3-4 as a pass rusher.  Seems to fit Williams D perfect.  Can be an excellent ER, and probably still make Pro Bowls in the 4-3 when Williams calls that look.

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh man, let this be true.  Barr is one of the few players I'd be happy over paying.  IMO he's a 3-4 OLB, playing out of position in a 4-3.  And still made several Pro Bowls.  His lack of sacks will keep his cost manageable.  IMO his sack total will go way up in the 3-4 as a pass rusher.  Seems to fit Williams D perfect.  Can be an excellent ER, and probably still make Pro Bowls in the 4-3 when Williams calls that look.

injure intradivision rival QB? check.

Jets Rumors: Anthony Barr 'Very, Very High' on New York's Radar in Free Agency

MIKE CHIARIMARCH 8, 2019

The New York Jets are reportedly interested in pursuing linebacker Anthony Barr when free agency officially opens on March 13.

According to Connor Hughes of The Athletic, the Jets are "very, very high" on Barr. Hughes added that he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Jets offer Barr more money than any other team on the open market.

The 26-year-old Barr has spent the first five seasons of his NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings after getting selected ninth overall in the 2014 NFL draft out of UCLA.

Barr is among the most versatile linebackers in the NFL, and he has been named a Pro Bowler in each of the past four seasons. In 13 games last season, Barr registered 55 tackles, three sacks and one forced fumble.

Perhaps his best NFL season came in 2015, when he registered 68 tackles, 3.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and the only interception of his career to this point.

He usually hovers around 70 tackles with a handful of sacks per season, but he does plenty in both run and pass coverage that doesn't always show up on the stat sheet. Barr is as complete as they come at outside linebacker, and he is precisely the type of player the Jets could use on defense.

The Jets need some pass-rushing help since they don't have a go-to player in that respect, but Barr hasn't developed into the sack artist some expected him to be coming out of college.

Barr had 23.5 sacks combined over his final two seasons at UCLA, and in five NFL seasons, he has just 13.5 sacks. His career high, which was achieved as a rookie in 2014, stands at four.

Part of the reason why Barr hasn't racked up the sacks is the fact that he is so well-rounded that Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has used him in other areas. Also, with players like Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter excelling at getting to the quarterback, Barr hasn't had to do it as much.

As Peter Bukowski of Pro Football Weekly pointed out, the stats say Barr is a quality pass-rusher despite the lack of sacks:

If the Jets sign him and turn him loose in that regard, Barr has the ability to register double-digit sacks.

He would also be a huge help to a Jets defense that ranked 26th against the run last season, and he would instantly lend credibility to a front seven that is somewhat pedestrian aside from Leonard Williams and has three key free agents in Henry Anderson, Brandon Copeland and Steve McLendon.

With key edge players such as DeMarcus Lawrence, Jadeveon Clowney, Frank Clark and Dee Ford being retained by their teams via the franchise tag, signing Barr represents the Jets' best chance to improve on the edge in free agency.

•  
  •  
  •  

Just now, Untouchable said:

Barr would be an awesome get

And if they were to bring in Barr plus another guy to play the edge in FA, I think a guy like Metcalf becomes a big time possibility at #3.

Agree we need a big time playmaker on offense in the worst way. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets Rumors: Anthony Barr 'Very, Very High' on New York's Radar in Free Agency

MIKE CHIARIMARCH 8, 2019

The New York Jets are reportedly interested in pursuing linebacker Anthony Barr when free agency officially opens on March 13.

According to Connor Hughes of The Athletic, the Jets are "very, very high" on Barr. Hughes added that he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Jets offer Barr more money than any other team on the open market.

The 26-year-old Barr has spent the first five seasons of his NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings after getting selected ninth overall in the 2014 NFL draft out of UCLA.

Barr is among the most versatile linebackers in the NFL, and he has been named a Pro Bowler in each of the past four seasons. In 13 games last season, Barr registered 55 tackles, three sacks and one forced fumble.

Perhaps his best NFL season came in 2015, when he registered 68 tackles, 3.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and the only interception of his career to this point.

He usually hovers around 70 tackles with a handful of sacks per season, but he does plenty in both run and pass coverage that doesn't always show up on the stat sheet. Barr is as complete as they come at outside linebacker, and he is precisely the type of player the Jets could use on defense.

The Jets need some pass-rushing help since they don't have a go-to player in that respect, but Barr hasn't developed into the sack artist some expected him to be coming out of college.

Barr had 23.5 sacks combined over his final two seasons at UCLA, and in five NFL seasons, he has just 13.5 sacks. His career high, which was achieved as a rookie in 2014, stands at four.

Part of the reason why Barr hasn't racked up the sacks is the fact that he is so well-rounded that Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has used him in other areas. Also, with players like Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter excelling at getting to the quarterback, Barr hasn't had to do it as much.

As Peter Bukowski of Pro Football Weekly pointed out, the stats say Barr is a quality pass-rusher despite the lack of sacks:

If the Jets sign him and turn him loose in that regard, Barr has the ability to register double-digit sacks.

He would also be a huge help to a Jets defense that ranked 26th against the run last season, and he would instantly lend credibility to a front seven that is somewhat pedestrian aside from Leonard Williams and has three key free agents in Henry Anderson, Brandon Copeland and Steve McLendon.

With key edge players such as DeMarcus Lawrence, Jadeveon Clowney, Frank Clark and Dee Ford being retained by their teams via the franchise tag, signing Barr represents the Jets' best chance to improve on the edge in free agency.

•  
  •  
  •  

Thanks for the article 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Jawaan Taylor, the OT out of Florida is starting to get some top 10 buzz.  If we can solve for edge in FA, I would not mind reaching a bit for a starting OT.

If we can trade back somewhere in the top 10, Jawaan should definitely be in play.

But with a top 3 pick you need to come away with an elite prospect, someone who can be a top player at that position. You can’t reach too far.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we can trade back somewhere in the top 10, Jawaan should definitely be in play.

But with a top 3 pick you need to come away with an elite prospect, someone who can be a top player at that position. You can’t reach too far.

maybe if nobody wants to trade up for haskins the jets could lure a team like jax to trade up for Q.  they don't need to rip any team off, just get that 2nd round pick and then take an OT in the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I heard JT get interviewed on Sirius NFL.

Father a minister and has worked at UPS 27 years.  Mother owns beauty shop.  Brother and sister have good jobs.  He likes to fish.

Sounds like a real, solid guy.  

Given what Trent Brown would cost, there is something to be said about trading down a bit and taking him.  

Just now, varjet said:

I heard JT get interviewed on Sirius NFL.

Father a minister and has worked at UPS 27 years.  Mother owns beauty shop.  Brother and sister have good jobs.  He likes to fish.

Sounds like a real, solid guy.  

Given what Trent Brown would cost, there is something to be said about trading down a bit and taking him.  

I would love if we could trade down and take Jawaan. 

I just can’t see him being picked at 3.

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t worry about me, mi sueño. I take my salsa spicy. 

You better like it blow-your-head-off hot.  

When I was 22 years old and visiting family in Guadalajara, all the waiters and cooks came out of the kitchen in the hotel restaurant to watch me eat the hottest salsa they prepared for my machaca con huevos.

This guerita can eat it Mexican, kitchen help hot. 

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You better like it blow-your-head-off hot.  

When I was 22 years old and visiting family in Guadalajara, all the waiters and cooks came out of the kitchen in the hotel restaurant to watch me eat the hottest salsa they prepared for my machaca con huevos.

This guerita can eat it Mexican, kitchen help hot. 

Which works because women often tell me that I’m Mexican-kitchen-help hot.

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets go hard and heavy for defense in free agency then I think it's a lock that they either trade down and take an OL or WR wherever they land or actually just take one at #3.  I'm telling you, Metcalf at #3 is a possibility.

I agree, if they take care of Edge and O line in FA, then I would love to pick up DK, I think he is going to be a good one, and would help Sam and the receivers.

Archived