Free Agency Rumors (Jets Related)

KRL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2019 at 10:03 AM, Patriot Killa said:

My thoughts exactly. I was instantly bothered by the “Lions are the fav to land Barr” line. We have the money and a promising QB to show off....but Macc has to get business done.

But we also have a horribly run organization - players and agents see that. 

When you have a coach like McCarthy wanting to come here - and he passes because he couldn't pick his own DC..Agents look at the Jets and realize nothing has changed.

With Darnold, the Jets had a chance to build some legitimacy and become a sought after destination but CJ allowed his ego to get in the way.

Truthfully, I feel bad for Sam more than anything else.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

When you have a coach like McCarthy wanting to come here - and he passes because he couldn't pick his own DC..Agents look at the Jets and realize nothing has changed.

With Darnold, the Jets had a chance to build some legitimacy and become a sought after destination but CJ allowed his ego to get in the way.

Agree at this point. 

Lets revisit this after free agency and the draft. 

Darren Fells though LOL what a joke. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty much sums it up. The Jets had the chance to "drain the swamp" in January of the losing stench once and for all, and as usual did things in a half-assed way, and that's probably being too kind.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

Im curious where Barr would play and if we did put him at rush LB, as it seems we should, would that 1. preclude us from picking Josh Allen and 2. could we still play Jordan Jenkins, who isn't a bad player?

To me, I think the pick would have to be Quentin Williams if we signed someone like Barr, but I'm also curious about the FA market for Malik Jackson.  Yes he "underachieved" but that Jacks team was a disaster so he could have easily mailed it in along with everyone else there.

As much as I like Wiliams as a prospect, I would prefer Allen, we would just need to address DT in FA

24 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im curious where Barr would play and if we did put him at rush LB, as it seems we should, would that 1. preclude us from picking Josh Allen and 2. could we still play Jordan Jenkins, who isn't a bad player?

To me, I think the pick would have to be Quentin Williams if we signed someone like Barr, but I'm also curious about the FA market for Malik Jackson.  Yes he "underachieved" but that Jacks team was a disaster so he could have easily mailed it in along with everyone else there.

As much as I like Wiliams as a prospect, I would prefer Allen, we would just need to address DT in FA

I agree with you on Jenkins, he is a good player. But there's no way you let that stand in your way if you want Allen.

Tom Pelissero on NFL Network just said that he heard "from a number of people around the league who said the Jets are going to be heavy into the WR market".

My opinion: It's possible they bring in a couple of WR's and move Robby to get their 2nd round pick back.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Tom Pelissero on NFL Network just said that he heard "from a number of people around the league who said the Jets are going to be heavy into the WR market".

My opinion: It's possible they bring in a couple of WR's and move Robby to get their 2nd round pick back.

If they get Tyrell Williams under contract, there's a very good chance Robby could go. Tyrell could step into his role very easily.

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

If they get Tyrell Williams under contract, there's a very good chance Robby could go. Tyrell could step into his role very easily.

I have read that he's the Colts #1 target and they have just as much money with less holes. I think he goes there. If the Jets bring in Humphries and Tate then Robby is gone. Those are the two I would target anyway.

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What WR market??  And moving Robby for a 2nd is the dumbest move they can do. 

I just have a bad feeling about Funchess. His film is very underwhelming and he's another Kelvin Benjamin waiting to happen. Much rather pick from Tate, Humphries, and Crowder. I would however, prefer Funchess over Amendola. That seems like a mistake we're destined to make.

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

If it is Humphries and Funchess (on a one year deal) Robby may go and we use the 2nd round pick to get Dee Ford.  I’m down with that.

Why would we let Robby Anderson go?

Replacing a guy who already has spent a year with Sam, and who we have an option on at $3 million this year, to sign Tyrell Williams for $40 million makes little sense to me.  On top of that, we would then take the valuable draft capital and trade it to KC for Ford who we would then need to pay?

Robby has done a couple dumb things, but he played very well down the stretch, with a coordinator who didnt properly use him.  It would be much smarter to keep him and pay a slot type guy and see what Robby can do with Gase and Sam in year 2.

Mac needs to go big or go home. No reason to be beat on anyone they really want. As far as WRs go, I’d like the idea of signing Williams or Crowder both are talented. I’d stay away from beasley, Humphries, and especially Amendola, we just signed Enunwa isn’t he at his best in between the numbers as a mismatch in the slot? Signing one of those guys sort of nullifies the impact of Enunwa (when healthy). There is no reason we don’t come away with at least 1 pass rusher,  1 corner, 2 OL, and a RB at the bare minimum. Ideally we double dip at pass rusher.

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I have read that he's the Colts #1 target and they have just as much money with less holes. I think he goes there. If the Jets bring in Humphries and Tate then Robby is gone. Those are the two I would target anyway.

Humphries and Tate are slot WRs.

Robby is, barring something drastic, very safe.

Since you can’t fix all of your problems in a single year I’d like to sign Jamison Crowder to play in the slot and then move onto looking for a #1 guy next year if things don’t look the way we want it to.   I like Robbie Anderson the player so I’d be looking to see if he could stay out of trouble this year and if he can I’m signing him long term.  It’s nice to want to upgrade all the time but the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, Robbie is good here and we can do far worse.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Humphries and Tate are slot WRs.

Robby is, barring something drastic, very safe.

Yeah, Humphries and Tate would both be better on the X side, with Q going in the slot (maybe bringing in Crowder for depth?). Tyrell would be the ideal in the Robby role. If he can't be brought in, you're better off holding on to Anderson. 

25 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I just have a bad feeling about Funchess. His film is very underwhelming and he's another Kelvin Benjamin waiting to happen. Much rather pick from Tate, Humphries, and Crowder. I would however, prefer Funchess over Amendola. That seems like a mistake we're destined to make.

Funchess is a jag. Nothing more. If he is signed to be our #3/4 WR then it's fine. But he is not any better than Anderson/Enunwa. 

Amendola isn't great either, but at least serves a specific role. 

28 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What WR market??  And moving Robby for a 2nd is the dumbest move they can do. 

Robby is the same player as many of these free agents in this weak free agent class.  So you either pay them or pay Robby and with his off the field antics I'd look elsewhere. If there's a way to get a comparable player for the same money as you'd have to give Robby next year and then get a 2nd for him you'd be stupid not to do it.

35 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Browns are in also. He's the guy they want to replace Perriman.

It's cool that we're "in" on all the names we are, but its about signing them, not being in on them. Other teams want guys like this and  Saffold, Morse, and Paradis also.

49 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The is terrible news... There is no good wr on the market... Unless he trades for one they are going to be buying golden tate who is a top 30 wr at best and paying him like he is top 10... Maybe get Humphreys or crowder but again they are going to be paying top dollar for a terrible class of wrs

52 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So we will be replacing JAG' with other JAG's. 

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Robby is the same player as many of these free agents in this weak free agent class.  So you either pay them or pay Robby and with his off the field antics I'd look elsewhere. If there's a way to get a comparable player for the same money as you'd have to give Robby next year and then get a 2nd for him you'd be stupid not to do it.

Yeah sorry I’m just not in a rush to get rid of a young player that’s shown to get better each year and shown a nice connection with our young QB. 

Also the way Gase talked up Robby I would think he’s in their future plans. But I wouldn’t put it past Mac to F things up. 

39 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Funchess is garbage... He is absolutely someone Mac is going to sign... Tate is not worth the money he will get... Humphries and crowder are the two best wrs on the market and they are supplimental wrs... Williams could be good be how did he not succeed with Rivers... That scares me. 

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Classic Mac move here... Overpay for an above average DE that acceled because of whose system he was in

LMAO. Flowers is an elite player. Sorry he didn't ignore his other defensive assignments and wrack up 4 more sacks to make the casual fans think he is good. 

Archived