Free Agency Rumors (Jets Related)

KRL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

People need to realize with these new tax laws teams in high tax states like NY/NJ/CA etc have to overpay in FA to compete with low tax states. Macc being Macc doesn't help but it's not all on him...

honestly this is an issue in all sports so leagues need to adjust for that i they want to call a salary cap even. The teams will pay tax as to where the games are played so teams should get a added money versus texas and florida teams

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor
The skill set and splash plays didn't always add up to excellent overall production, although his contract year went well. It's a bit of a concern that a great defensive coach like Mike Zimmer didn't consistently get more out of him.

With our expanded scouting department the team will look completely different next week. If you thought Shep out of Canada and Cannon from a small school were a surprise, wait until you see the gems Macc will pull out of his *ss next week

10 minutes ago, prime21 said:

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor
The skill set and splash plays didn't always add up to excellent overall production, although his contract year went well. It's a bit of a concern that a great defensive coach like Mike Zimmer didn't consistently get more out of him.

He loves to injure and knock out USC QBs, then brag about it on social media as his greatest joy, years after the fact, well into his nfl career.  Overrated.

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor

He played a 4-3 OLB position in Zimmer's 4-3.  He'd be so much better as a 3-4 OLB.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fowler and Barr off the edge would make Nick a happy boy.

If we got both of them, then we'd be out on Josh Allen I guess.  Can Bosa play 3-4 DE?  If not, then it's QW or bust in the draft, no?

i can see them spending big on defense in FA so they can look to trade back in the 1st round and take an OL.  i really think they're dead set against taking Q or allen in the first round, at least not at 3.  

i think the jets realize that if murray goes first there will be a rush on qbs since the 49ers could take bosa.

Just now, section314 said:

That would pretty much seal the deal for Q.Williams or Oliver then, right?

not IMO.  i think that would mean they're going offense somehow.  

i don't know how all this would improve the offense, double-dipping on edge rushers in FA, then drafting defense at 3 and not picking again until the 3rd round.  this would be just as bad as the rex era except there's an offense-minded HC who would at best be given a mediocre rb in coleman and 2 3rd rounders to work with.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He played a 4-3 OLB position in Zimmer's 4-3.  He'd be so much better as a 3-4 OLB.

Did he ever play as an OLB in a 3-4? I thought he did early in his career and it didn’t work out well. Or maybe that was playing End in 4-3.… Because yeah if you had Fowler and bar is your two pass rushers than I take back what I said about the 3-4 lol

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If we got both of them, then we'd be out on Josh Allen I guess.  Can Bosa play 3-4 DE?  If not, then it's QW or bust in the draft, no?

Yea I think Bosa goes 1 or 2, I don't think we get a shot at him. I don't know if they'd pass up on Williams but I could get on board with Metcalf at 3 depending on how FA shakes out. Sometime you have to take a risk, Metcalf could fizzle out quick or be a top 5 WR. Williams may just be too good to pass up though.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

That would pretty much seal the deal for Q.Williams or Oliver then, right?

Neither can plan NT... so no. If anything I think it increases our chances of reaching in a OT or Corner. 

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Jawaan Taylor, the OT out of Florida is starting to get some top 10 buzz.  If we can solve for edge in FA, I would not mind reaching a bit for a starting OT.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Did he ever play as an OLB in a 3-4? I thought he did early in his career and it didn’t work out well. Or maybe that was playing End in 4-3.… Because yeah if you had Fowler and bar is your two pass rushers than I take back what I said about the 3-4 lol

Pretty sure he's never played 3-4 OLB, but I don't wanna guarantee that lol.  Zimmer's base is a 4-3 and I know he moved him from 4-3 end to 4-3 OLB.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty sure he's never played 3-4 OLB, but I don't wanna guarantee that lol.  Zimmer's base is a 4-3 and I know he moved him from 4-3 end to 4-3 OLB.

He played 3-4 Edge in college. Had 23.5 sacks combined his two seasons as a starter.

Archived