Any Interest in a Sheldon Richardson Reunion???

GREENBEAN

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I just don’t think it’s a good idea.  They can get jag DTs for less money who won’t come into the locker room thinking they have some sort of historical advantage and trying to get back to how things used to be.  Especially for a first year hc.  I think he’d be ok as a player, but he’s too outspoken relative to his on field contribution.

Interesting take. I don't think he'd want to get things back to how things were but the historical thing is possible.  Where are you on Bell and AB coming here? 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Should we be interested?  Is this a priority need position?

Here is a question, who is our #1 WR this year?  And don't say Anderson, because lol, no.

lol  Can't discuss anything except #1 WR these days? 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Because Bowles is gone and we have a HC who has actually benched starters before, and a DC who will get in your face...I’d be all for it.

I think Sheldon would be a great fit with this coaching staff.

Agree I would even consider Mo Wilk knowing Gregg Williams is not Bowles or Rodgers. 

Imagine building a bargain DL that dominates the NFL. 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mo Wilk only signed a 1 year $5 million dollar deal with GB and I can assure you he still ives in the area very close to Florham Park and MetLife. 

I read last week that there is/was a mutual interest in Mo returning to GB. Who knows?

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree I would even consider Mo Wilk knowing Gregg Williams is not Bowles or Rodgers. 

Imagine building a bargain DL that dominates the NFL. 

Pass on Mo I did not follow much of him in GB but the games I did see he was MIA. Much like he was here after signing his new contract. He seems to be more about the money rather than play on the field.

12 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Pass on Mo I did not follow much of him in GB but the games I did see he was MIA. Much like he was here after signing his new contract. He seems to be more about the money rather than play on the field.

He got injured early on in the season ankle injury IR 

•  
21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Haven't followed him since he left but I always liked how he played. High motor guy. If we ended up taking Q Williams at #3 after signing Richardson it would seem like a setup for a Leo trade. Actually would be kind of funny how that worked out - draft DT in first round, get a few solid years out of him, trade him away for a 2nd and a player after drafting another DT in the 1st (Leo). Then pick Richardson back up in FA and trade away Leo for a pick after getting a few solid years out of him. Actually seems like pretty frugal usage of draft picks now that I'm writing it all out.

Agree except drafting another DT at #3 overall is anything but a frugal use of draft picks. When you consider the multiple high picks (and multiple positions one could fill with really good starters) one could parlay such a high pick into, it's quite the opposite of frugal.

It's frugal solely on the salary cap, since even a top 3 pick is half what a Leo-type contract might look like on the FA market.

Also taking Q Williams after bringing back Richardson might make it difficult to trade Leo during the draft. It's just not common for a trade like that after the draft starts since Leo only has 1 year left under control (and it's at a high enough amount he's not desperate to bang out an unfavorable extension after a down season). We'd have to be prepared to take far less than we want, meaning we're not trading him. Few teams are going to want to sign on for a guy with just one year $13MM left on his deal, coming off a down season in which he was spotted flat-out dogging it on film, on draft day, and give up what the Jets will be seeking. 

Locking up Richardson for a few years at only $8MM per is the rationalization to steer away from taking a DT at #3 overall. Never mind this additional noncontender season is a good one to really see what Shepherd has (plus another Anderson-ish addition in case he's still meh). That #3 overall pick - or more correctly, the first of the picks that can be parlayed into - should be gifted to Darnold & the offense if Bosa isn't there.

Hard to say what I'd flip Leo for immediately after picking up Sheldon, since I don't know his market value, but it doesn't matter: it's a pipe dream because the Jets just aren't moving Leo the poster boy for their new uniforms. They're going to wait out the year and then extend him at $18-21MM per in January, give or take a month. Get used to it. So if we get Sheldon then QW should effectively be off our board no matter how gifted he is. No more overuse of prime resources for 3 every-down starters to play 2 starting positions in the name of more "BAP regardless of position" stupidity. 

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

F that. Screw Wilkerson. Complete piece of trash dog. 

I agree but do you think Gregg Williams is going to allow him to do what Bowles and Rodgers did.

GB signed him a to a 1 year deal for $5 million last season. 

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

No i hated Sheldon just a fat dumb criminal off the field. And lazy most on the field.

You can call out the guy for his off the field antics but I don't think you can say he was lazy on the field.  Rex kinda messed him up trying to convert him to LB.  In his natural position on the DL I don't recall seeing him dog it.  

Archived