JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

I m already having buyer's remorse.  Really wanted Hockenson at 12, when he went a few picks earlier, I went TE anyway.  Fant is a good player, but I should have taken the LB.  Oh well.

All in fun!  But legit question; have 2 TEs ever been taken that high in the same draft?

25 minutes ago, RobR said:

I see White climbing up the boards. He's a three down backer that has some Patrick Willis in him, maybe even better.  

He’s probably my biggest can’t miss in the draft.  As much as I like Allen, Bosa and Oliver.  White is going to translate, no doubt in my mind.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You may be too young to remember, but the Giants once drafted a Duke QB in the supplemental draft to replace Phil Simms. Dave Brown. Similar characteristics to this guy. He was drummed out of NY faster than Geno Smith.

Didn’t have weaponz and his internal clock was off by 3 hours

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Not going to say a name, but at this point in the mock draft, there are 2 players still sitting in the mock Green Room looking forlorn while the announcers try to figure out why they are falling

Let me guess, Metcalf and Sweat? You could throw Gary in there too. They all have serious red flags. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Rogers throwing to Fant could be deadly. 

Agreed.  Rodgers has 2 ancient TEs right now -- Jimmy Graham at 32 and Marcedes Lewis at 35  .I went into this thing thinking TE in the first -- Hockenson or Fant at 12.  I like the Fant pick; it was part of my plan going into this thing, but I did not expect a guy like White to be available at 12.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Rodgers has 2 ancient TEs right now -- Jimmy Graham at 32 and Marcedes Lewis at 35  .I went into this thing thinking TE in the first -- Hockenson or Fant at 12.  I like the Fant pick; it was part of my plan going into this thing, but I did not expect a guy like White to be available at 12.

That's the fun part of doing this, as well as the real life GM decision making. You have  the positions you want to add, but a really good player outside that picture is there. The perfect need vs BPA issue. We have fun doing this, but the pros can make or break a years work, and set their teams back, if they guess wrong.

9 hours ago, King P said:

You know the funny thing is that if I wasn't able to trade down, I probably would have taken White at 5. Traded down 10 spots and still was able to get him ?

Yup.  When you took White, I thought that was the way things worked out for you.  Good trade for both teams -- Skins got their QB, and you got the guy you wanted anyway along with a couple of other picks.  You could not have asked for it to work out better.

49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Number 18 is available for trade. Plenty of beefcake still available as we round out the upper tier.  I've been in a trading mood since the 80's! 

I will send you my 6th round pick and 7th round pick for pick #18?

?image.gif.1980017dfa261438f7f13a1f52d96017.gif

(sorry....just busting your balls from your desire to trade yesterday!)

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

??Nobody??Is??Trading??Up??For??Your??Mid-first??Picks??People

There are a couple of guys I could see someone trading up for.  Guys who have dropped a bit at position groups that are thin.  Not positions of need for me, so I have no interest, but I could see someone wanting to jump up now.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It is overrated by a lot of Jet fans. I just think helping the QB first is more important. If you have a descent OL and offensive playmakers then I’d says go all in on a passrusher. 

I’m a firm believer that CBs are more important than passrushers and that together that’s more important than high end offensive skill players. I do think it’s important to have a good o-line but there are so many factors (OL coach, scheme, QB play, consistency as a unit) that it’s hard to know which players to value outside of the truly elite.

12 hours ago, Lith said:

I m already having buyer's remorse.  Really wanted Hockenson at 12, when he went a few picks earlier, I went TE anyway.  Fant is a good player, but I should have taken the LB.  Oh well.

I really like Fant, but Green Bay has always been a wasteland for TEs no matter how talented.  Well McCarthy's offense scheme is probably flushed down the toilet, so maybe the new offense can convince Rodgers that the TE can be his friend.

Just now, Dcat said:

G-men just had to get Haskins there.  Giants got jumped bad.  Hope that happens for real in April.

I think the right move for the Giants is to ride out the season with Eli’s retirement tour, sell fans on the bright future of Kyle Lauletta, then you let Gettleman “retire” after this disaster season and draft Justin Herbert at 2 next year. Win win win

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Yup.  When you took White, I thought that was the way things worked out for you.  Good trade for both teams -- Skins got their QB, and you got the guy you wanted anyway along with a couple of other picks.  You could not have asked for it to work out better.

and.... the Giants missed out on Haskins.   Actually my favorite part of that trade.  When all is said and done, it will be the best transaction of the mock for sure.  Even funnier:  T0m pretending to like that the Giants got jumped. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice pick, @T0mShane.  Greedy is a guy I would have thought about trading up for if the Pack hadn't picked 3 CBs in first two rounds of the last two drafts.

I’m looking at the Giants roster and, other than Janoris Jenkins, I don’t even know who the other CBs are. The Giants roster is threadbare. Sad to see

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

and.... the Giants missed out on Haskins.   Actually my favorite part of that trade.  When all is said and done, it will be the best transaction of the mock for sure.  Even funnier:  T0m pretending to like that the Giants got jumped. 

I honestly wasnt going to take Haskins there anyway. Settling on a QB in a bad QB draft is how you end up burning five years on Blake Bortles and Geno Smith

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the right move for the Giants is to ride out the season with Eli’s retirement tour, sell fans on the bright future of Kyle Lauletta, then you let Gettleman “retire” after this disaster season and draft Justin Herbert at 2 next year. Win win win

translation:  You believe that Gettleman will tank?  If they don't draft a QB, then they will next year but they will have to bring in a vet as well. I think they will take haskins if he's there.  And if Boozer didn't jump you, it would have been nuts not to take him.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

translation:  Gettleman will tank?  If they don't draft a QB, then they will next year but they will have to bring in a vet as well. I think they will take haskins if he's there.  And if Boozer didn't jump you, it would have been nuts not to take him.

I’m with Tomshane. To go even further I think the Giants should trade back from 6 and try to get future picks.