Favorite Jets Draft Memory

HawkeyeJet

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

“With the second pick of the 2018 draft, the New York Giants select...Saquan Barkley...”

Almost spilled my drink.

Beat me to it.

That was the second most iconic quote in the history of the Jets after "We're going to win Sunday.  I guarantee it."

my jets memories are usually bad ones at the drafts including some I attended-many times on here folks say fans do not know more then the Jets gm does well I can tell you many times the fans do know better and history has shown this. I was at the draft when the entire building was screaming sapp sapp sapp and we took kyle brady and right after everybody knew what the long term result would be.  Ironically many time the fans sadly do know better which shows how bad our gms have been over the years and why each year we drag out namath to the field to celebrate some jets history thing.... Our current gm thought hackenberg was a franchise  qb -most real fans knew he was not even going to last in the NFL

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What is everyones favorite Jet related draft moment or memory?

Mine is when they took Keyshawn in 1996.  I was 12 at the time and really had started getting into mock drafts and things like that.  I remember being so incredibly excited when they picked him.  Running around the living room like a crazy person.  

A close 2nd for me was Dwayne Robertson.  I thought they got the next Warren Sapp after passing on the real one years before.  Boy I was wrong on that one

I was at this draft, sat behind Fireman Ed and got on TV during the chant, also Francessa worked the line and we had a good time.  ESPN handed out a great giveaway packet, including an FM radio where we could hear the raw broadcast, it was fun to hear Berman cursing off camera.  My favorite draft experience for sure and a day I look forward to each year!

I also remember the so called draftnick jet fan experts at this draft loved alex dan dyke pick.. while a buddy and myself were like wtf was that pick...  lol...

All but bad memories.  Taking Cadigan with the 8th pick overall at guard over Michael Irvin in 88. Wesley was up there in years and we needed a replacement on the opposite side of Toon.  If this happens they don't go after Rob Moore in the 90 supplemental draft and The Jets would have had Favre in 91 who Wolf wanted. Hindsight stinks.

7 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

last year hands down.  reminds me:  I gotta go watch that One Jets Drive episode again!!

Absolutely and it's not even close.  When Darnold fell to us, it was literally the first time in my life I ever felt optimistic about this franchise.

9 hours ago, nico002 said:

When Baker & Saquon went 1/2 and Sam Darnold was there. I couldn't believe it. 

Yup. I was in Indianapolis for the Fire Department Instructors Conference, sitting at the bar with some buddies (who had no interest in the draft). I was baffled by the Mayfield pick, and then went ******* crazy when the Giants took Barkley. Jumped up and started yelling "Sam!! Dont you **** this up, Jets!!". Went on to have an epic night and pub crawl. 

I remember the Keyshawn Draft. Meh. I remember the 2000 draft, was at Bonos BBQ in Stuart Fl when they took Pennington, thought we had The Guy. 

I was sitting at the bar at Duffys in Palm Beach Gardens (with a bunch of guys from work) when we traded up for Sanchez, was generally happy, but not over the top....

The Darnold draft pick was by far my favorite Jets draft moment by a large margin. I hope he lives up to it. 

15 minutes ago, docdhc said:

2000 draft when they had 4 number 1’s. They had traded Keyshawn for 2 of them and got another one for Belichick. Ellis, Abraham, Pennington and Becht. It was a fun day even if none of them really panned out. 

Belichick panned out.

2003 was the first draft that I followed obsessively, and I was really nervous when they traded up to #4 (for good reason, apparently.)

2004 and 2006 we drafted the two guys I had my heart set on from the very beginning, Vilma and Mangold.

And I really really really hope that 2018 becomes the favorite (and best) draft of every Jets fan for the next 15+ years,

The draft wasn't on TV in the 60's so you had to see it in the newspaper the next day buy getting the Heisman Trophy winner John Huart was huge when we saw the '65 draft. Seems they also took another QB that ending up beating him out for the job though. Hey I was just an ignorant kid back then before I became an ignorant adult. Now THAT ignorant adult was thrilled to get a track star that was going to be the next Bob Hayes, Lam Jones

In all these years though, the Mayfield, Barkley picks last year will be hard to beat when one realized that Darnold just fell to the Jets

39 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

The draft wasn't on TV in the 60's so you had to see it in the newspaper the next day buy getting the Heisman Trophy winner John Huart was huge when we saw the '65 draft. Seems they also took another QB that ending up beating him out for the job though. Hey I was just an ignorant kid back then before I became an ignorant adult. Now THAT ignorant adult was thrilled to get a track star that was going to be the next Bob Hayes, Lam Jones

In all these years though, the Mayfield, Barkley picks last year will be hard to beat when one realized that Darnold just fell to the Jets

John Huarte, Notre Dame QB....lol

This is a really good post, Red Royal. 

Sam is probably the first and only good Jets draft memory, for once they selected the player I wanted at the time

Jets doctors had ruled out Heath Miller (not sure he missed a game) LOL so I had hope for Nugent replacing Doug's missed two FG's for the AFCCG but usually had hope for most draft picks (except hack)

Archived