Josh McCown signs with Eagles comes out of retirement

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

I said used to work at, thanks for confirming.

It all makes sense now... Your bare chested men fetish.

No fetish here did you take your dementia meds today I know its Saturday and staff is shorthanded and being they had to deal with your diaper and all. 

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, how large is that folder on your desktop titled "Shirtless Pics of T0m".

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Because then you'll get pictures of me, too?

15 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

@joewilly12 got all his great gazebo ideas from the government bathhouse he used to work at.

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I said used to work at, thanks for confirming.

It all makes sense now... Your bare chested men fetish.

5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I bet the misses beat the shirt off of you for that.

FTR Do I need to put you 2 old lonely geezers on IGNORE

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets’ Josh McCown signs with Eagles, comes out of retirement: Here are the details, what it means for Clayton Thorson

Updated 10:37 AM; Today 10:24 AM
The Eagles signed veteran quarterback Josh McCown.

John Munson | NJ Advance Media f

The Eagles signed veteran quarterback Josh McCown. 

206 shares

By Zack Rosenblatt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Eagles’ backup quarterback position was in shambles after two preseason games. So, general manager Howie Roseman is turning to the most reliable veteran on the open market.

Saturday, the Eagles signed former Jets quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal, a person familiar with the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media. The signing was first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. 

Per Schefter, the contract will be worth $2 million, fully guaranteed, but can be worth up to $5.4 million with incentives. 

The 40-year-old McCown had retired in the offseason after two years with the Jets and was hired as an analyst at ESPN, but ultimately decided to come back as the Eagles became desperate in their need for a reliable backup quarterback behind Carson Wentz. 

The Eagles had planned to enter this season with Nate Sudfeld as Wentz’s primary backup, but Sudfeld broke his wrist in the preseason opener against the Titans and is expected to miss the start of the regular season.

Thursday, another backup went down after Cody Kessler suffered a concussion in the first quarter against the Jaguars, leaving the Eagles with only fifth-round rookie Clayton Thorson as the last remaining healthy quarterback option on the roster.

With McCown coming into the fold, Kessler is unlikely to make the team and Thorson will have to convince Eagles coaches over the next two weeks that it’s worth rostering four quarterbacks on the roster with Wentz, McCown and Sudfeld all likely to stick around. 

McCown had acted as a mentor to young Jets quarterback Sam Darnold last season and started 16 games over the last two seasons overall for the Jets, accumulating 3,465 passing yards, 19 touchdowns, 13 interceptions and 64.5 completion percentage. 

Starter Week 12

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I for one LOVE Josh McCown and what he did for the Jets and Sam Darnold's development as a person and an NFL QB.

Does anyone in their right mind somehow think that Bolwes, Bates and Co. were going to develop Darnold without McCown?

McCown loved playing for the Jets and helped the whole team so I have nothing but respect for him..

McCown had a positive effect on Darnold, no question, but I think Darnold is one of the rare "coach proof" QB prospects that comes along once every 10 years or so.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Simien is making 2 mill so I assume the Jets offered Mccown more that he is getting with the Eagles. Jets probably offered him around 4 mill as a backup and mentor with even higher incentives than the Eagles. Very very curious he is willing to come out of retirement to go to the Eagles for less money then he would have made coming back to the Jets.

Not true. Just like the JETS Center situation. He was genuinely done, until he wasn't and then it was too late.

I promise if Davis Webb was the #2 and McCown got the itch... He would be a JET.

Nothing against Josh personally but I consider him part of the Quarterback Dark Age that lasted four years where we knowingly started a veteran who had no business starting.  The only thing Fitzpatrick and McCown proved is that they belong on the bench backing someone up who can actually win games consistently.

It's one thing to start a young QB and then find out to your dismay you've got nothing. It's another  to start two well-aged veterans who we knew damn well had nothing right from the beginning but we started them every week anyway.  For four  miserable years in a row.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He'll beat us in Week 5 in Philadelphia somehow. :( 

First of all, I would not at all be surprised if McCown were starting by week 5. Carson Wants has proved in his young career t be rather brittle.

But it shouldn't come as any surprise if the Eagles kick the sh*t out of the Jets? The Eagles are a much, much, much better team. 

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

First of all, I would not at all be surprised if McCown were starting by week 5. Carson Wants has proved in his young career t be rather brittle.

But it shouldn't come as any surprise if the Eagles kick the sh*t out of the Jets? The Eagles are a much, much, much better team. 

It’s special that his max “if certain incentives are reached” are about twice what his lone #jetstax incentive was last year, which I think was just being on the opening day roster (which itself was more or less guaranteed by guaranteeing the first $5MM from the start anyway). 

Wishing him the best. 

He was the consummate professional, a great teammate and locker room presence, was an invaluable influence on Sam (by Sam’s own admission), never embarrassed the team, ownership or the fan base and by all accounts a humble, god fearing all around good dude. Not a lot of those guys around. 

He was a “winner” in my mind even though he didn’t win much on the field.  

Yet folks will still complain about his contract in a game where everyone is earning Monopoly money. Or call him a “loser”. 

Love to see him back in a year or two coaching the QBs or assistant OC. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This isn't news to anybody.

In the Eagles past two seasons they've won the Super Bowl and lost in the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

In the Jets past two seasons they've won 5 games and then 4 games.

Until proven otherwise the Eagles are clearly the better team.  The proving otherwise will need to take place in Week 5 this year.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:48 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Back on topic: tbqh, the Iggles could do worse for a backup QB coming off the street on short notice in the midst of preseason.

So jealous they only needed to pay him 2 million, though.

Eagles could do worse?  How?  McCown is as done as done gets and was never good to begin with

• Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This isn't news to anybody.

In the Eagles past two seasons they've won the Super Bowl and lost in the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

In the Jets past two seasons they've won 5 games and then 4 games.

Until proven otherwise the Eagles are clearly the better team.  The proving otherwise will need to take place in Week 5 this year.

Eagles have better management but they absolutely can make mistakes and this is one

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Eagles could do worse?  How?  McCown is as done as done gets and was never good to begin with

Well, considering my father (an Eagles fan) was talking to me about the possibility of them bringing Sanchez back... yes, yes they could do worse.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1