Gase Conference Call

msena88

Mosley, Bell, Darnold, L Williams, Q Williams, Adams, R. Anderson, Crowder, Lachlan Edwards, Enunwa, Jenkins, Maye, and Herndon to name a few. All of them are very solid NFL players. 

Robby Anderson is a one trick pony. He is basically Dedric Ward. Crowder is average, L an Q Williams are average at best. Bell and Mosley are impact NFL players. Adams and Maye are pretty average. Adams once again got beat in coverage yesterday. I actually think Maye is the better of the two. And yeah the punter id decent. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Robby Anderson is a one trick pony. He is basically Dedric Ward. Crowder is average, L an Q Williams are average at best. Bell and Mosley are impact NFL players. Adams and Maye are pretty average. Adams once again got beat in coverage yesterday. I actually think Maye is the better of the two. And yeah the punter id decent. Lol

They are all solid NFL players dude. Adams made pro-bowl last year. Darnold is a very good young QB. Anderson is a good #2 on a lot of NFL teams, Q Williams played exactly 1 half of an NFL game and you are already saying he's average. LOL. Saying we have 2 NFL players is absurd. 

• Upvote 1

They are all solid NFL players dude. Adams made pro-bowl last year. Darnold is a very good young QB. Anderson is a good #2 on a lot of NFL teams, Q Williams played exactly 1 half of an NFL game and you are already saying he's average. LOL. Saying we have 2 NFL players is absurd. 

Keep telling yourself that. Most of those guys wont be on the roster when the Jets get to the playoffs in a year or two. The pro bowl doesnt mean anything either btw. Darnold is good, we agree. But he has nothing around him and is still learning. Calling Anderson a number 2 is a joke. He is really a number 4 that comes in during certain situations. Most of thr guys starting in this team right now wouldnt have made the 53 man roster of the 2010 Jets, just to give you a little perspective of how far off this roster is right now.

7 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Okay, I was hopeful about his hiring. But so many detractors immediately sounded the alarm bells, saying we hired a feisty, power-hungry dickhead.

It really sounds like you guys were right.

I will wait and see more than one game though.

DC

I get that the tone is very feisty, but is he wrong in anything he's saying?  Robby needed to catch that ball.  We finally have a head coach holding players accountable.  This is what Bowles failed to do.

If I'm criticizing Gase, it's on the lack of adjustments he made to the Buffalo blitz, not the press conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Keep telling yourself that. Most of those guys wont be on the roster when the Jets get to the playoffs in a year or two. The pro bowl doesnt mean anything either btw. Darnold is good, we agree. But he has nothing around him and is still learning. Calling Anderson a number 2 is a joke. He is really a number 4 that comes in during certain situations. Most of thr guys starting in this team right now wouldnt have made the 53 man roster of the 2010 Jets, just to give you a little perspective of how far off this roster is right now.

Nobody said this was a complete NFL roster. It has many holes from years of poor drafting. My point is that your original post that stated there are just TWO NFL players on this roster is just flat out wrong. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You said two players. A silly stupid comment 

• Sympathy 1

Nobody said this was a complete NFL roster. It has many holes from years of poor drafting. My point is that your original post that stated there are just TWO NFL players on this roster is just flat out wrong. 

Two legit real and complete NFL players. The rest is pretty much garbage. This is a fact no matter how much you appreciate Jamal Adams pre game bullspit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Let’s be real. Gase was hired in large part to help Darnold. The Jets aren’t going to give Gase another QB to work with. If Darnold doesn’t play well it’s going to cost him his job. 

Good point - supporting Sam has a self serving aspect for Gase, but that's also the reason they hired an offensive minded HC, right? 

4 hours ago, genot said:

Nobody likes their teammates being thrown under the bus. Especially by the HC. They could be next. He's throwing people under the bus after the first game. he is a grade A A..H....!!!!!!!!!!!

always a fine line between holding someone accountable and throwing them under a bus,  the PFF grades seem to support his conmments on the WR's (except Crowder) 

Also agree the "I can do anything because I sit in the big chair" comment was crap and Gase should be held accountable for not playing the entire starting offense in preseason - everyone should be grumpy since they gave up a very important divisional win

• Sympathy 1

Cimini and Hughes are right.  This is what holding your players accountable looks like.  I'm glad Gase called out the units. 

I was as livid as anyone else yesterday, but after digesting the loss and rewatching the game, it was more execution and difference in talent than anything else.  The WRs, not named Crowder, couldn't get open, the OL couldn't block consistently, the kicker left 4 points on the field, the defense turned to sh*t when Mosely, the playcaller on the field, went down.  Schematically/playcalling, it wasn't as bad as it initially felt.  Honestly, there was just nowhere to go with the ball and Darnold had to check the ball down a ton because the Bills got unrelenting pressure and just smothered everything intermediate and deep.  Right now we're paying for years of bad drafting.  I know we're all looking for a scapegoat but the personnel just isn't there yet for us to be a contender. 

Just give credit to the Bills.  Their defense simply smothered us on offense and kept it close enough to keep the game in reach.  Come to think of it, the way the Bills won reminds me of how we won games in '09 despite Sanchez turning the ball over left and right.  When you take the emotion out of it, that's what it came down to. That and our kicking situation being what it is.  I never truly understood why so many people were over-confident about this game. 

• Post of the Week 2

What scares me is that Bell, our brand new player mind you, is out there toting the good company line, but gase is the one that cost us that game, no in game adjustment at any point. 

Im disgusted right now with this team, I had high hopes once again. I bought in. I thought we were going to scheme open players but same old not open receivers and not help from the coaching staff.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What scares me is that Bell, our brand new player mind you, is out there toting the good company line, but gase is the one that cost us that game, no in game adjustment at any point. 

Im disgusted right now with this team, I had high hopes once again. I bought in. I thought we were going to scheme open players but same old not open receivers and not help from the coaching staff.

No one wants to hear this right now because they just want heads to roll....but scheme can only help so much, especially when you play a defense like Buffalo's.  The routes that we all would have loved to see were being ran...the separation by the skill position players wasn't (minus Crowder).  Robby and Quincy were blanketed.  The hopes you had should have been reserved for a season where we're not paying for gross incompetence from our former GM.

11 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  At least with a presser, you can listen for yourself and draw your own conclusions, but we are at the writers mercy for their interpretation of a conference call.  Some guys killing Gase, and some like his reaction.  Not sure who is right or who is wrong, but I think the bland, boring pressers of Todd Bowles are a thing of the past.

Sounds like getting a balanced HC - not a boring turd, or a jacked up arrogant prick - is virtually impossible.

42 minutes ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Gase is in a tough spot. There are major holes on this roster and the season is going to be shot six weeks in. 

It will be interesting to see how the team responds to a 1-5 or 0-6 start and will say about what kind of coach Gase is. 

He wanted the job. He took the job. Now he needs to do the job.

• Sympathy 1

Anderson is in a role that's beyond his skill set. The guy is an elite deep threat, #4 receiver.

Problem is, right now he's our #1 or #2.

We need better receiving talent on the outside. This way guys like Robby fit a proper role and Enunwa goes back to the slot, where he was excellent.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Anderson is in a role that's beyond his skill set. The guy is an elite deep threat, #4 receiver.
Problem is, right now he's our #1 or #2.
We need better receiving talent on the outside. This way guys like Robby fit a proper role and Enunwa goes back to the slot, where he was excellent.
Crowder is far and away our best wideout.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I like how Gase is supporting Darnold - WR's are easily replaced, franchise QB not so easy to replace, his goal is to develop Sam

Especially WRs who are crap with names like the last 2 seasons worth of maybe one top-quality WR and they had to get him from someone else. These are the last 2 seasons worth of mostly scrubs; ArDarius Stewart, Jermaine Kearse, Chad Hansen,  Qunicy Enunwa, Andre Roberts, Deonte Burnett, Robby Anderson, Terrell Pryor (who I actually LIKED and they got rid of) Josh Bellamy, Braxton Berrios, and Jamison Crowder

Joe Douglas and Adam Gase have their work cut out for them trying to field an NFL-quality team after having the two worst GMs in team history and the last 5 years of horrible drafting.

• Upvote 1

We fans can analyze ,offer suggestions, critique, etc.
Bottom line, we'll be playing a second home game against a hype-stolen, wounded Browns team.
It's almost a must win because the schedule unfolds very far away from favoring us.
Let's hope we can turn things around ASAP.

•  

2 minutes ago, LRJets said:

We fans can analyze ,offer suggestions, critique, etc.
    Bottom line, we'll be playing a second home game against a hype-stolen, wounded Browns team.
    It's almost a must win because the schedule unfolds very far away from favoring us.
    Let's hope we can turn things around ASAP.

•  
  • Against a QB who made his bones against the Jets last year in his FIRST GAME? He KNOWS that he can beat the Jets he probably will beat the Jets all by himself once again.