Gase Conference Call

msena88

I mean the talent just isnt there. Trumaine Johnson literally does not try. I'd see if anyone would be willing to trade anything for him and then potentially release him as a warning shot to the team. He offers nothing right now.

Anderson while talented is a pouter and doesnt go hard on every play. Hines Ward should give him his highlight tape.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the talent just isnt there. Trumaine Johnson literally does not try. I'd see if anyone would be willing to trade anything for him and then potentially release him as a warning shot to the team. He offers nothing right now.

Anderson while talented is a pouter and doesnt go hard on every play. Hines Ward should give him his highlight tape.

They have more than enough talent on offense to score more than 8 points...

11 hours ago, genot said:

Sorry. When a head coach after game one publicly calls out his wide receivers for running bad routes. That's a bush league move. You have a problem with a player. talk to him during the week. Don't throw him under the bus.

Typical.

Jets under Bowles and Jets fans critical of canned, PC responses after a loss. 

"Parcells would have ripped the team after a loss"

Gase rips team after giving away a win, Jets fans outraged.  Hes a douche?  

He needs to be more PC.  Needs to coddle players, cant call them out for losing a winnable game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I wish he'd do a lot more to him than that.

11 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Manish lot Gase up a little bit in his article today. I normally can’t stand Manish, but I think this was a big concern a lot of us had about Gase and it’s now becoming reality.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-dolphins-buffalo-bills-press-conference-20190910-qcjowe3f4vf2dncb4rxidmlouy-story.html

Manish was mad because gase embarrassed him on the call..  If you listen to it he clearly isnt too fond of Mehta.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They are all solid NFL players dude. Adams made pro-bowl last year. Darnold is a very good young QB. Anderson is a good #2 on a lot of NFL teams, Q Williams played exactly 1 half of an NFL game and you are already saying he's average. LOL. Saying we have 2 NFL players is absurd. 

And before leaving with a sprained ankle Q was playing well.

One of the main reasons  the run defense dipped badly after he was out.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Typical.

He needs to be more PC.  Needs to coddle players, cant call them out for losing a winnable game.

That's not what people are upset about.  Gase has done nothing in his HC career to act like such a douche.  Parcells can say whatever he wants because he won super bowls and turned around crap teams taking them deep into the playoffs.  Gase is a new age self promoter who talks a huge game but delivers crap.  Check his record as a HC.  He's a 6-win a year guy.

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

That's not what people are upset about.  Gase has done nothing in his HC career to act like such a douche.  Parcells can say whatever he wants because he won super bowls and turned around crap teams taking them deep into the playoffs.  Gase is a new age self promoter who talks a huge game but delivers crap.  Check his record as a HC.  He's a 6-win a year guy.

What hes done or hasnt done doesnt change the fact that hes saying things that are true.  Or trying to hold players responsible

Parcells was the same from day 1, while he went 3-12-1 and was close to being fired in his first season.  

Gase was a .500 HC in Miami.  Who played two seasons without his starting QB and a shltty roster.  Somehow made the playoffs.  

Self promoter?  Please give the link to Gase promoting himself, where hes talking himself up.  

New age?  What?

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well that's because Mehta is a little weasel.  He wouldn't know how NOT to be a douche.

I think that's totally fair and agree that Mehta is a punk, however I don't think these things are mutually exclusive. It's not like Gase doesn't have a history of being an arrogant dickhead with the media.

He for sure doesn't like Manish already which should only breed more of this. Ironic considering Manish was out there defending the hire when everyone else was bashing it.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Typical.

Ripped the team Nut. Not a particular group or individual for not doing something correctly. Big difference, in my opinion. Hey, i don't like Gase. never have.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Manish was mad because gase embarrassed him on the call..  If you listen to it he clearly isnt too fond of Mehta.

He was the only one asking stupid questions loaded with an agenda. If you ask Gase intelligent questions, he has no problem answering and can probably go on forever talking about football. The minute he senses you have an agenda, you're done and he has no problem being ruthless about it. Good for him. This is very apparent if you listen to the call.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just listened, he simply gave an honest, raw assessment. I fear that aome of the media will take his blunt approach personal and try to rip him the first chance they get. How Gase reacts to the criticism will determine if he is a one and done coach or not. This has the potential to turn ugly quick.

46 minutes ago, genot said:

Ripped the team Nut. Not a particular group or individual for not doing something correctly. Big difference, in my opinion. Hey, i don't like Gase. never have.

And no one thinks they didnt deserve it.  Do you?  Saying you shouldnt fold up tent in the 4th quarter is going to piss off who exactly?  Do you want a player who is insulted by that comment or the others he made?  F them.  

We flip flop from Sanchez was coddled and ruined for being coddled to NFL players need to be coddled and not criticized.  Unless it comes from a Parcells or a Belichick

22 hours ago, genot said:

Sorry. When a head coach after game one publicly calls out his wide receivers for running bad routes. That's a bush league move. You have a problem with a player. talk to him during the week. Don't throw him under the bus.

He never called out a player by name.  You’re wrong!

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I was just thinking about you... what was your handle on JI?  Biggest cheer leader I’ve ever seen.  let’s get a grip...this team is gonna suck.  We need a few more parts.   

RayRay.   ?

And my grip is just fine, and no we aren’t gonna suck, playoff run is possible with this team!

• Haha 1

I think Gase is frustrated and the moment got the best of him. He probably feels a little stupid about how he handled himself during that call. It happens to the best of us. I’m not going to hang him for it.

No he doesn’t, he pulled the same act in Miami. He’s an egomaniac with a teenagers temperament, but he has zero reason to be arrogant because he is a career loser who has not done much in the NFL except act like a whiny baby. His only claim to fame is he is friends with Peyton Manning (Thanks for screwing us twice) and that’s about it. He was a loser in Miami and blamed everyone but himself until his act wore off and the owner finally smartened up and booted his ass out of there. Then, our owner has to prove he’s stupider than the dolphins owner and hires this imbosile. He can act anyone he wants with the media, but he’s buying himself a first class ticket out of here. He makes it about himself and quite frankly the fans could care less because we want a winning team. The team (Outside of the punter and the D when Mosley was in there)and him were an out and out disgrace! The fans would of killed Bowles or any other coach for that type of collapse, but instead its excuse after excuse after excuse. He’s a gutless puke who’s offensive game plan sucked, lacked creativity and had zero gumption to accept any blame for the loss. Instead he blames everyone except himself. That’s what fans do, not the goddam head coach. They loose some games in a row, it’s going to get ugly and that locker room will turn into a three ring circus.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, RoadFan said:

This is crazy.  One loss to a divisional opponent with a vicious pass rush and people are pulling out voodoo dolls?

Unreal.  Seriously.

I really believe Gase is going to work.  

Rodgers put together one drive against Chicago.  One. 

And Gase is a disaster because a 22 year old QB struggled in week 1 of his 2nd season under constant pressure?  He didn't even turn the ball over.

Crazy.

Worse than that.  If we had a kicker we probably have a different result.  Meh.  Opening game.