Demario Davis wtf

Demario Davis was our defense version of Powell. Both players were fine but not great early in their careers and developed into solid players. Powell didn't get the competition on the roster (in the GM's or HC's minds at least) to squeeze him off the roster and kept improving to stay ahead of the competition. Davis looks to have a higher ceiling but I wonder if there is something about him that turns off GMs from keeping him around.

21 hours ago, deucebag said:

Hugh Douglas - never forgive Parcells for ditching him.  Amazing to think that Rich Kotite was the best GM we've had in the last 30 years.

At least under Kotite we knew we sucked rather than having these expectations that we can now be competitive.

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

At least under Kotite we knew we sucked rather than having these expectations that we can now be competitive.

I admit I was one of the fools who was thinking we cud be an 11-5 team this year.  On offense I thought we'd be potent but two problems are evident aside from depth, the OL may need time to gel or just plain stinks and secondly Gase's system may be too complicated for our WRs (see Joe  Walton's perpetually "out of sync" offenses).  On Defense - losing Copeland, Williamson, CJ and not having Polite work out left Williams unable to scheme around our lack of CBs.  This all highlight's how deplorably void of talent the roster is.  How do you go into a season with NO starting caliber CBs, NO edge rushers, NO #1 WR and NO TE (for the first 4 weeks).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Give Davis credit, his deficiencies in speed and coverage were
obvious when he was a Jet.  Shockingly as he's gotten older
it seems like he's faster if that's possible

Very true. Also, he landed in a defense where he has better players, more talent, etc, which allows him to scale back his responsibilities and not have to keep covering up for guys who miss assignments.

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nope. He was a 5th rounder that outplayed his draft position.  

Nope...he was picked in the 3rd

that said...I agree, he was a good player for us and outplayed his draft position but the expert’ Jets fans hated him until we let him go in free agency and now revisionist history has him remembered a little differently

we always rate people a little differently when they no longer play for us

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Really? Donnie Henderson? Jim Vechiarella?

Donnie had some fight to him, not his fault Chad was like an egg back there, LOL and he did not have 3 first round DT's  

Jim was one and done so not as much damage, still think Kacy was the worst since he had more talent than the really bad teams of the past, there was no fire, just waiting for the 4th quarter collapse, and sadly that culture still lingers apparently