QB Re-Draft 2018

1 hour ago, funaz said:

Murray has looked better in his first 2 starts than any two of Darnolds starts. 

This thread is depressing, it looks like of the 5 qbs taken we may have gotten one of the worst

I disagree with this, go back and watch the Denver, Houston, and GB games from last year.

Darnold got sick. It could happen to anyone. It doesn't mean he is not going to be great

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I disagree with this, go back and watch the Denver, Houston, and GB games from last year.

Darnold got sick. It could happen to anyone. It doesn't mean he is not going to be great

Yeah that's an idiotic post you're replying to.

The knee-jerks from these 'fans' are absurd.

• Upvote 2

One average ass week where he doesn't even turn the ball over and everybody's ready to jump ship on Sam. Just... wow.

Everybody went where they should have I'd say. I will never EVER regret the Jets choosing Darnold at #3. It was a good and logical pick. Jackson getting mileage in Baltimore doesn't change anything.

I don't want to completely discount his early success, he's done well for himself. And he fell into the right situation with Harbaugh who is very committed to making him work. But I'm not ready to crown him just yet and two good games against the Cards and Dolphins isn't that impressive.

Maybe he'll be great, maybe not, the jury is still out. I'm rooting for him. But I don't regret the Jets not taking him #3 overall. He had too many questions coming out of Louisville, and while I believed he was a better passer than some gave him credit for there was no way to know if he was going to adapt to the pros. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

At this current moment 

1. Jackson - who I was completely wrong about

2. Mayfield- he’s pretty much what I thought. A better version of Johnny Football that’s just as much of a douche bag

3. Allen - he is who I thought he’d be

4. Rosen - I was wrong about him. I thought he’d be one of the best QBs in this draft and he’s ****ing sh*t

5. Mason - blah

6. Darnold - unavailable but top 2 or 3 when healthy 

So you thought allen was gonna keep getting better week by week while our quarterback doesnt like throwing over 4 yards a pass? The knock on allen was the intermediate game he tourched us with it and the giants im sorry the dude has a chance to be the real deal no weapons at wyoming and none the first year with the bills. But now he looks good and getting better with the talent around him

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if they jets were 2-0 with lamar jackson tearing up the league, you would be on this board calamoring for sam darnold?

Time to get honest and remove the green glasses bro.

There are 3 qbs from last years draft head and shoulders above darnold and at this point, sam is closer to 5 then he is 3.

Zero chance that I would rather have Lamar Jackson or feel he is in the same category as a passer as Darnold. He played a Miami team that I heard had 13 or 14 players they just got that played in that game. Arizona isn't much better. If he played the Bills D not much would have happened for them. Darnold is a much better thrower. Any NFL QB can hit people as open as Jackson has had them the last couple of games. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

If you are re-evaluating on a weekly basis, you probably never had much of a conviction one way or the other. I still think Darnold and Mayfield will be the two best QBs out of that class, in the long run. 

I think all of them can be solid starters. 

This. 

I was Darnold 1 Baker 2 their final years in college and I haven’t changed my mind. 

Always liked Rudolph, am a tad surprised at Lamar and I never thought Rosen would have a long career. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if they jets were 2-0 with lamar jackson tearing up the league, you would be on this board calamoring for sam darnold?

Time to get honest and remove the green glasses bro.

There are 3 qbs from last years draft head and shoulders above darnold and at this point, sam is closer to 5 then he is 3.

Never drink and post. 

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Zero chance that I would rather have Lamar Jackson or feel he is in the same category as a passer as Darnold. He played a Miami team that I heard had 13 or 14 players they just got that played in that game. Arizona isn't much better. If he played the Bills D not much would have happened for them. Darnold is a much better thrower. Any NFL QB can hit people as open as Jackson has had them the last couple of games. 

Lamar has also had a ton of time to throw. 

Some of his TDS he’s standing back there for 4-5 seconds completely untouched. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

his starting record is 8-1....      7 games last year

And he ran 16 times yesterday and 147 times last year. This is not a playground. The QBs who play this style either fizzle out or have to adjust their game. History is on my side even if Madden '20 fanatics and the dopes on SportsCenter are not. 

38 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

So you thought allen was gonna keep getting better week by week while our quarterback doesnt like throwing over 4 yards a pass? The knock on allen was the intermediate game he tourched us with it and the giants im sorry the dude has a chance to be the real deal no weapons at wyoming and none the first year with the bills. But now he looks good and getting better with the talent around him

I thought he’d make big plays and make big mistakes. He’s played the Jets and Giants so far let’s see how he does against better teams. 

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you saying that you'd rather have Allen than Darnold?  I still wouldn't trade Sam for anyone on this list, despite the early returns saying otherwise.

And thats fine.  Just like no fan of the browns, bills or ravens would want darnold over their qb.

The fact is as of today, sam darnold is the 4th best qb from last years draft.  Thats not debateable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And thats fine.  Just like no fan of the browns, bills or ravens would want darnold over their qb.

The fact is as of today, sam darnold is the 4th best qb from last years draft.  Thats not debateable.

Just like Johnny Manziel becoming a superstar wasn't debatable.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I don't care where he's at right now.  I care about where he will be.  At this point I would still take Sam over all of these guys.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't care where he's at right now.  I care about where he will be.  At this point I would still take Sam over all of these guys.

Some of us do care where he is at right now and thats fourth.  We all hope we open a thread 3 years from now and sams at the top.  But as of today, hes the 4th best.

44 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

And he ran 16 times yesterday and 147 times last year. This is not a playground. The QBs who play this style either fizzle out or have to adjust their game. History is on my side even if Madden '20 fanatics and the dopes on SportsCenter are not. 

i saw three runs at least where he got 10-15 and went OOB....

43 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i saw three runs at least where he got 10-15 and went OOB....

Then he's getting smarter, good. This is still not a consistent way to win football games. Colin Kaepernick played this way and then in 2 seasons the league's defenses had the book on him. That style is great for college, not the pros. 

56 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I see a lot of pro Lamar talk and all I have to say about that is watch his last two games and count the seconds he has to sit in the pocket.  Compare that with Darnold and it will explain the difference.

It’s outlandish. 

He’s sitting back there for 4-5 seconds completely untouched. 

The pocket was collapsing on Darnold within 2-3 seconds. 

HUGE difference. 

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Mayfield had 3 picks, Allen had 4 turnovers against the Jets in the first half, Lamar has played the worst two teams in the league - Sam has the most talent but he's third. Number one for me.

I still think Sam turns out to be the best QB but Gase is not the guy

Neither is JD

First, this thread is entirely premature.  

Lamar Jackson played the two worst teams on the planet.  Let’s see how he does against a real NFL team.  Maybe go back and watch his playoff game last year..

Mayfield was trash last night.  His stats at one point last night were 11-24-167-0-0.  Against our corners and no Mosley, Q, or Jenkins (for most of the game,) with OBJ, Landry, Njoku, and a far superior OL, while getting the ball in great territory all night.  It wasn’t until OBJ made another amazing play that his numbers improved.  Put Mayfield on the Jets and he is a bust.

I hate to say it but in two years, the only players on our O that are still here are Darnold, Bell, Herndon, and Crowder.  Maybe Anderson.  And that is a good thing.  I fully expect a massive turnover this coming offseason.

• Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, funaz said:

Murray has looked better in his first 2 starts than any two of Darnolds starts. 

This thread is depressing, it looks like of the 5 qbs taken we may have gotten one of the worst

and you base that on?  the ability to contrat mono?  Mayfield had 3 INTs Game One and lost at home by 30.  Allen had 2 good halfs and was ordinary in the others.  I am not impressed by these guys yet.  Did you see Allen missing open guys over the middle against the giants?

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1- lamar

2- mayfield

3- allen

4- darnold

5- rosen

Allen making a run for the 2 spot.

Its telling that your list pretty much ranks the teams they are on from best to worst. Hmmmm . . . the talent and organization you put around a young QB might very well be related to his effectiveness.

• Post of the Week 1