Good things from Monday Night...

Mike135

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Gotta disagree on Adams.  The guy's energy and hustle are infectious.  

Also he seems to have figured out how to hit damn hard w/o being penalized.  (Yes I know he had the hit on Baker early that cost 15yds.)  But seriously, almost every time Jamal hits someone, they take an extra few seconds to get up.

The guy is somehow old school in today's wussified game.

Adams is so overrated 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team is bad, but they know it’s bad and are willing to eat sh*t until the talent improves. It sucks losing this time to develop Darnold, but what can you do? The plus is that failed draft picks like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are being exposed as non-entities we don’t need to pay, and even though the talent is putrid, they’re not getting their doors blown off because the coaches are hardos. Good on them for holding guys accountable and trying different things. Benching Trumaine Johnson and giving Tarell Basham a lot of run shows you that they’re not coaching to win these meaningless ******* games, which rules. They’re establishing a culture. If you’re mad that Luke Falk didn’t beat the Browns tonight, then call up the ticket office in the morning and demand the Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, because you’re a short-sighted fraud fan that wants to be jerked off into a sock instead of holding out for the sustained orgy that is a legitimate title run after a legitimate rebuild. 

All true.

However Gase hasnt looked great, even considering the talent level. And he failed in Miami. It's legit to wonder if hes a stubborn meathead who needed to be humbled a bit before take 2.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CTM said:

All true.

However Gase hasnt looked great, even considering the talent level. And he failed in Miami. It's legit to wonder if hes a stubborn meathead who needed to be humbled a bit before take 2.

Indeed. It’s hard to point at anything yet and say that Gase was a good hire, but ultimately we’ll determine that by how good Sam Darnold looks at the end of this season, presuming he’s not in cryo-freeze with an ailment that’d keep a wispy middle schooler out for maybe a quarter. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You made it home fast. 

Hope you enjoyed yourself. 

It was a bad game in person and on TV. 

First year I was a Jet fan, 1981, Jets opened 0-3 and the sky was falling, first game I ever attended I got tickets to see the Jets play the Oilers who were a playoff team and everyone thought we were going to get killed. 

Won that game, wound up winning 10 of the last 13. This feels like that season. 

We have a Top 5 running back. We have a Top 10 defense. If we can fix our offensive line and get Darnold back here for the Cowboys game this is still going to be a special season. 

We would be 2-0 right now if Darnold never got sick and Mosley never got hurt. I’m not quitting on this team. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Indeed. It’s hard to point at anything yet and say that Gase was a good hire, but ultimately we’ll determine that by how good Sam Darnold looks at the end of this season, presuming he’s not in cryo-freeze with an ailment that’d keep a wispy middle schooler out for maybe a quarter. 

100%

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Homeboy is like 9-25 since he got here he’s infectious like jock itch maybe what 

Thomas @T0mShane run the 1/2 gallon of milk under the warm water heat it up pour yourself a warm glass drink it then get your feetie NY Jets pajamas on grab your stuffed monkey and get your ass in that bed. Don't make me try and figure out who your father is to call him. The night is over you had a long day and a long night. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First year I was a Jet fan, 1981, Jets opened 0-3 and the sky was falling, first game I ever attended I got tickets to see the Jets play the Oilers who were a playoff team and everyone thought we were going to get killed. 

We have a Top 5 running back. We have a Top 10 defense. If we can fix our offensive line and get Darnold back here for the Cowboys game this is still going to be a special season. 

We would be 2-0 right now if Darnold never got sick and Mosley never got hurt. I’m not quitting on this team. 

SAR I

SAR I you made it home fast did you leave early? 

joewilly12

Bell was excellent

Robbie Anderson played well

Cashman was good.

I do not applaud the defense overall.  I've never seen a side of the ball get so many free passes as the jets D over the last 10 years.  they ply pretty well for a time and then give up the awful awful nail in the coffin 85 yarder.  They play pretty well and then their safey tandem gives up a freebie 26 yarder at the end of the half.

I'm just enrage more each day we picked quinnen fing williams in the last draft and a dog in polite.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Homeboy is like 9-25 since he got here he’s infectious like jock itch maybe what 

His problem is that he plays a relatively non-impact position. He’s a nice strong safety, but something like the 5th most important defender on the field for any given play.

In other words, he’s not a pass-rusher (only a situational blitzer) and not a corner.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I didn't hear no bell... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

His problem is that he plays a relatively non-impact position. He’s a nice strong safety, but something like the 5th most important defender on the field for any given play.

In other words, he’s not a pass-rusher (only a situational blitzer) and not a corner.

He’s a good, not great box safety who is average in coverage and I’m being generous saying that

And now Adams is getting dumb penalties that extend drives

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bell was excellent

Robbie Anderson played well

Cashman was good.

I do not applaud the defense overall.  I've never seen a side of the ball get so many free passes as the jets D over the last 10 years.  they ply pretty well for a time and then give up the awful awful nail in the coffin 85 yarder.  They play pretty well and then their safey tandem gives up a freebie 26 yarder at the end of the half.

I'm just enrage more each day we picked quinnen fing williams in the last draft and a dog in polite.

Defense actually played well tonight. The OL and Gase’s playcalling made it impossible 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I you made it home fast did you leave early? 

joewilly12

As soon as I saw OBJ make that catch over the middle I told my wife to grab her jacket and we were both on the first step towards the exit before he crossed the goal line. 

The Cowboys game in a few weeks will feel more like opening day. Full of optimism after the big win in Philadelphia and Sam Darnold looking great.  

We are going to go apple picking as a family on Sunday at 1 o’clock, no need to see NE romp with backups.  2-4 gets us a wildcard.  It’s all about Sam and our  D getting us W’s against the Eagles and Cowboys.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team is bad, but they know it’s bad and are willing to eat sh*t until the talent improves. It sucks losing this time to develop Darnold, but what can you do? The plus is that failed draft picks like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are being exposed as non-entities we don’t need to pay, and even though the talent is putrid, they’re not getting their doors blown off because the coaches are hardos. Good on them for holding guys accountable and trying different things. Benching Trumaine Johnson and giving Tarell Basham a lot of run shows you that they’re not coaching to win these meaningless ******* games, which rules. They’re establishing a culture. If you’re mad that Luke Falk didn’t beat the Browns tonight, then call up the ticket office in the morning and demand the Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, because you’re a short-sighted fraud fan that wants to be jerked off into a sock instead of holding out for the sustained orgy that is a legitimate title run after a legitimate rebuild. 

This has been going on for 50+ years - only the names have been changed to protect the guilty

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, SAR I said:

As soon as I saw OBJ make that catch over the middle I told my wife to grab her jacket and we were both on the first step towards the exit before he crossed the goal line. 

The Cowboys game in a few weeks will feel more like opening day. Full of optimism after the big win in Philadelphia and Sam Darnold looking great.  

We are going to go apple picking as a family on Sunday at 1 o’clock, no need to see what’s about to happen.

SAR I

Nice couldn't agree more with you. 

Too early for apples though, no. 

I am looking for a street fair, flea market or craft show to attend with the wife. 

I might even go look at leaves or picking pumpkins or mum shopping. 

joewilly12

• Post of the Week 1

Just a reminder:

The Jets are 1 game out of a wildcard and none of these teams look very world-beating.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Chargers
1-1 Browns
1-1 Colts
1-1 Titans

We'll be 0-3 and then a bye.  OL gets corrected.  Darnold returns.  We go on a streak through the easy part of the schedule.  We sit with 7 wins with 3 games to play and the Steelers and Bills on the schedule.

Chillax, peeps.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are going to go apple picking as a family on Sunday at 1 o’clock, no need to see NE romp with backups.  2-4 gets us a wildcard.  It’s all about Sam and our  D getting us W’s against the Eagles and Cowboys.

SAR I

You must have been drinking heavily at the game. I hope your wife drove. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just a reminder:

The Jets are 1 game out of a wildcard and none of these teams look very world-beating.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Chargers
1-1 Browns
1-1 Colts
1-1 Titans

We'll be 0-3 and then a bye.  OL gets corrected.  Darnold returns.  We go on a streak through the easy part of the schedule.  We sit with 7 wins with 3 games to play and the Steelers and Bills on the schedule.

Chillax, peeps.

SAR I

Our next 4 games we will be outscored 160-10

Yeah I like what I saw from Cashman, he played well. Adams was very active and flying around as usual.

Looks like we may have a kicker, finally. LeVeon has heart and Robbie made a few plays.

Hopefully we get back Darnold and Mosely soon, then start seeing some real progress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our next 4 games we will be outscored 160-10

We would be 2-0 right now if Sam didn't get mono and Mosely didn't get hurt.  That's a fact. 

Philadelphia isn't great.  Dallas isn't great.  The teams we're competing with for a wildcard have issues too.  Have a little faith.  7-6 going into Week 14.  That's do-able.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We would be 2-0 right now if Sam didn't get mono and Mosely didn't get hurt.  That's a fact. 

Philadelphia isn't great.  Dallas isn't great.  The teams we're competing with for a wildcard have issues too.  Have a little faith.  7-6 going into Week 14.  That's do-able.

SAR I

Dude this team sucks

Gase is a disaster we have to get rid of him

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Man I remember that game like yesterday, Kenny Stabler was QB for Houston.

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this, and I rarely do, that ‘81 had young talent all over it, budding Sack Exchange, Marvin Powell and Ward at the Tackles.  Joe Fields All Pro Center I think was a 7th Rd draft pick.  Real weapons at ALL the skill positions AND AND Depth on the Roster, lots of excellent drafting going into that season.

This Jet team is such a pure clusterf**k...can’t even remember when 2 players stuck from the same draft and actually contributed...been over 8 Years I think.

The Jet OL has to be the worst in the NFL.  As you know the whole game flows from that unit, although that Janitor who threw on a suit and snuck into the GMs Office Maccagnan, never understood that.

This team has way more work to do to even be seen as a pro team.  I was wrong.  I had High hopes this year but now seeing them play?  I liked the overall talent better on Kotite teams.