AB Retired?

jetspenguin

September 22nd, 2019 at 8:42am CST by Rory Parks

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

Embattled wide receiver Antonio Brown took to Twitter this morning to announce that he will not be playing in the NFL anymore. Brown said:

Will not be playing in the @NFL anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at anytime we will see if the @NFLPA hold them accountable sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up!”

https://www.profootballrumors.com/ 

Pats fans.  A class act as always.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-england-patriots-fans-threaten-sports-illustrated-reporter-who-exposed-antonio-browns-second-accusation?via=twitter_page

Angry New England Patriots fans have warned a Sports Illustrated reporter to “watch his back” and that they hoped he “got in a car accident” after he exposed a second sexual harassment claim against wide receiver Antonio Brown. The New York Post reports that reporter Robert Klemko received death threats at his home and online after Brown was released by the Patriots on Friday after playing just one game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He'll sign with someone by next Sunday.

Pray tell what desperate team would dare sign this fool. I mean you might be right. The ‘best’ team (Pats) didn’t hesitate to sign him. Despicable. And the #1 team that needs WR help, the Jets, have stayed away. A+.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Pray tell what desperate team would dare sign this fool. I mean you might be right. The ‘best’ team (Pats) didn’t hesitate to sign him. Despicable. And the #1 team that needs WR help, the Jets, have stayed away. A+.

The Jets were rumored to have been interested when the Steelers were trading him and again when the Raiders released him. It would not surprise me in the least if they were one of the teams talking to his agent this time.  So far as I know none of the teams have been named yet.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets were rumored to have been interested when the Steelers were trading him and again when the Raiders released him. It would not surprise me in the least if they were one of the teams talking to his agent this time.  So far as I know none of the teams have been named yet.

The Sacramento Scumbags are interested. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

If he wants to keep playing outside the NFL somebody will definitely sign him; however, I expect if he is cleared to continue playing he will want to go back to the NFL and somebody will hire him. He might have to leave the game for a year to revive his image but the curve for bizarre and unlawful behavior for WRs is set so differently for other players in the league. He could come back.