Is it time to start talking 0-16?

STLuLu

I think the better questions is...let's say we do go 0-16 - or simply get the #1 pick.

What do we do with it knowing there are supposedly two generational type QB's available.

Trade down and take in a haul....

Trade Darnold and take one of the QB's...

It's sad but these are legitimate questions we have to ask.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the better questions is...let's say we do go 0-16 - or simply get the #1 pick.

What do we do with it knowing there are supposedly two generational type QB's available.

We'll get more clarity as the season progresses. Darnold has only played one game this year and may not have been at full strength. He's 21. We really don't know what we have in him. 

At the moment, I'm thinking trade back and get a haul. We need to flood this team with talent and key positions (CB, Edge, WR, OL). Enough with investing in LB, and DT

• Upvote 3

Just now, DonCorleone said:

What makes you think that he is our "best" player? He has shown flashes and no more. Mostly all first rounder show flashes. We have no idea who Darnold is as a player. We only know that he has potential.

Because showing flashes is more than anything I've seen without him all season with this loser team.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You'd take whichever trade gets the best haul of draft picks.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We will beat the dolphins twice, giants and probably even bengals.

It's just another 4-12 stinker of a season that you all need to get used to.

This is the correct answer.

The Jets are never bad enough and they're never good enough. We all know this. If this franchise is great at anything it's winning meaningless games and screwing up their draft positioning. It's our thing. Nobody does it better. Dare I say we're the New England Patriots of doing that.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is the correct answer.

The Jets are never bad enough and they're never good enough. We all know this. If this franchise is great at anything it's winning meaningless games and screwing up their draft positioning. It's our thing. Nobody does it better. Dare I say we're the New England Patriots of doing that.

I'm just hoping by some miracle the Johnson Bros wake up and fire Gase and Douglas this January.  These two guys look HORRIBLE

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

IMO, outside of Darnold (cause he lost out on Cousins who he was prepared to give $30 million a year to) the Jets spent the majority of the Macc years drafting players at non premium positions. Interior players and safeties instead of edge rushers, tackles, and corners. I hope Quinnen Williams is the real deal but they passed on Josh Allen to draft him, a DT. 

I'm not a Gase fan but Macc built this team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

IMO, outside of Darnold (cause he lost out on Cousins who he was prepared to give $30 million a year to) the Jets spent the majority of the Macc years drafting players at non premium positions. Interior players and safeties instead of edge rushers, tackles, and corners. I hope Quinnen Williams is the real deal but they passed on Josh Allen to draft him, a DT. 

I'm not a Gase fan but Macc built this team.

I remember that horrible GM Ryan Grigson the Colts had that put together that bad roster that Frank Reich inherited. He coached that team into the playoffs his first year so I'm not giving Gase an excuse. 

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If there are two generational type QBs that would be a major problem only if the #2 and #3 teams already have their franchise QB because teams would just wait until after we pick then trade with one of those teams. Sounds just like something that would happen to the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I remember that horrible GM Ryan Grigson the Colts had that put together that bad roster that Frank Reich inherited. He coached that team into the playoffs his first year so I'm not giving Gase an excuse. 

Fair point but Ryan Grigson had Andrew Luck. You're not going to win many games with Luke Falk. The killer was blowing that game week 1.

• Upvote 1