The narrative that Gase can be excused due to back up QBs has been crushed this week..

Beerfish

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gardner Minshaw - 204 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Jacoby Brissett - 310 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Kyle Allen - 261 yards, 4 tds - WIN

Mason Rudolph - 174 yards, 2tds - almost win but not quite

Daniel Jones - 336 yards, 2tds and 2 tds rushing, WIN

Teddy Bridgewater - 177 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Yeah, the fact we are down a QB is no excuse for the pathetic display in this league when almost everything favours offense.

Except we are at QB 3...

• Upvote 1

Listen, you can't defend Gase after the first three weeks. 

We don't have a good roster, but this hasn't a been a well-coached offense, by any means. The offensive line and WR play is an abomination. 

If you are a Gase guy, you just have to quietly hope that he figures some sh*t out over the bye, benches a few key guys, and that we get Darnold back for the Philly game. That's our only chance at having a semi-interesting season. 

We aren't going anywhere regardless, but it's a question of whether we are 3-13(ish) or 7-9 (ish). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Brissett might do better here, the rest of those guys would get crushed playing behind this suporting cast.

Not thrilled with Gase either, but the issue is personnel.

Interesting how this narrative is being thrust forth now when it was hardly mentioned all off season and during camp.

Robbie Anderson, Leveon Bell, Crowder.

This team should have enough talent to not be a total garbage fest.  Heck the team at the end of last year on offense looked semi functional.

We can complain about talent on offense but this head coach who is supposed to be an O guru is getting nothing out of them at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Beaver said:

When Gase had everyone but his starting TE in the first game, he only scored 8 points.  Seems like there is always an excuse for him even while he was in Miami.

Sam Darnold had a 104 degree fever and wasn't even at 80% in the Buffalo game and still did enough to give us a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter.  The O didn't lose that game.  The D did.

How about we give Adam Gase the next 8 weeks, half a season, to show what he's capable of with a healthy franchise quarterback.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alentador31 said:

Except we are at QB 3...

So fing what?  Did the team look good under Darnold?  Did the team look good under Simian? A couple of these guys are total unknowns who have never played a snap.

Falk?  Oh he was with Gase in Miami!  He knows the offense better than anyone!

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had a 104 degree fever and wasn't even at 80% in the Buffalo game and still did enough to give us a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter.  The O didn't lose that game.  The D did.

How about we give Adam Gase the next 8 weeks, half a season, to show what he's capable of with a healthy franchise quarterback.

SAR I

The defense scored just as many points as the offense and got 4 turnovers.   But yeah let’s blame the defense.   

• Upvote 1

The perfect storm...

New offense

Years of bad drafting (maybe a decade?)

Bad oline

Our entire starting linebacking core out due to injury or suspension

More injuries

Our starting tightend out

Mono

Emotional head coach with limited people skills when emotional

Bad contracts

Rabid jet fans desperate for any type of success 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you accept that the talent level is putrid and you’re looking for signs of decent coaching, it’s worth noting that the Jets offense isn’t turning it over and they’re not racking up penalties. Poorly coached teams do both. What you’re seeing is overmatched QBs trying to throw to receivers who are trying to do things they can’t do behind a patchwork OL populated by four guys who probably won’t be starters in the NFL one year from now and the fifth is Brian Winters. 

Special Delivey Macc Super Deluxe!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beaver said:

The defense scored just as many points as the offense and got 4 turnovers.   But yeah let’s blame the defense.  

Doesn't matter.

The Jets had a 16 point lead very late and the defense let the Bills march right down and score 3 times.  That's on Gregg Williams, not Adam Gase.

The two games we lost where one could call Gase directly into question because of offensive incompetence featured Simean (lasted a quarter) and Falk (third-string scrub bagging groceries).  There is no way we were going to beat the Browns or Patriots front 7's with 7 quarters of Luke Falk. 

Put 11 in the box.  Stuff the run.  Dare the QB to beat you.  Sounds just like 2002 with Vinny Testaverde.  Then Pennington came and....magically.....we could run, pass protect, and pass again.  Same OL.  Same HC.  Went from "fire them!" to "division champions!" Gee, wonder why?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you accept that the talent level is putrid and you’re looking for signs of decent coaching, it’s worth noting that the Jets offense isn’t turning it over and they’re not racking up penalties. Poorly coached teams do both. What you’re seeing is overmatched QBs trying to throw to receivers who are trying to do things they can’t do behind a patchwork OL populated by four guys who probably won’t be starters in the NFL one year from now and the fifth is Brian Winters. 

This.

I think Gase is doing a great job.  Because the moment he lost his best offensive and defensive players, the early portion of the schedule was about keeping the team together.

And he knows what we know-  until Darnold and Mosely get back in the lineup there is no way we're beating 3 of the top defenses in the NFL anyway, so best to play it safe, see if you can steal a win without turning the ball over, and pray no one else (Bell) gets injured.

And it looks like we have a kicker.  Gase gets credit for coaching him up.

SAR I

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

I think Gase is doing a great job.  Because the moment he lost his best offensive and defensive players, the early portion of the schedule was about keeping the team together.

And he knows what we know-  until Darnold and Mosely get back in the lineup there is no way we're beating 3 of the top defenses in the NFL anyway, so best to play it safe, see if you can steal a win without turning the ball over, and pray no one else (Bell) gets injured.

And it looks like we have a kicker.  Gase gets credit for coaching him up.

SAR I

We’ve been saying this all summer: the only way this team was going to be respectable is if Darnold came out putting up Pat Mahomes numbers and Darnold hasn’t been healthy for one second of the 2019 regular season. The idea that Gase can make Luke Falk—who started getting non-scout-team practice reps literally five days ago—put up numbers against the Browns and Pats is absurd. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't matter.

The Jets had a 16 point lead very late and the defense let the Bills march right down and score 3 times.  That's on Gregg Williams, not Adam Gase.

The two games we lost where one could call Gase directly into question because of offensive incompetence featured Simean (lasted a quarter) and Falk (third-string scrub bagging groceries).  There is no way we were going to beat the Browns or Patriots front 7's with 7 quarters of Luke Falk. 

Put 11 in the box.  Stuff the run.  Dare the QB to beat you.  Sounds just like 2002 with Vinny Testaverde.  Then Pennington came and....magically.....we could run, pass protect, and pass again.  Same OL.  Same HC.  Went from "fire them!" to "division champions!" Gee, wonder why?

SAR I

It does matter.    When the offense keeps going three and out and can’t stay on the field, the defense will get tired.   Bottom line is this, the worst part of the offense is the o-line and they aren’t just getting beat.   They are letting people run free at the QB with just 4 rushers.     That is a problem that hasn’t been fixed and is not missing people to an injury.

i really hope the Jets can turn things around, but there is nothing in Gases’ history that says he will be a good coach.    This is the same as when Mangini was fired and went right to the Browns.   And when Rex went straight to Buffalo.    I have been wrong plenty of times before, and hope I am wrong again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ve been saying this all summer: the only way this team was going to be respectable is if Darnold came out putting up Pat Mahomes numbers and Darnold hasn’t been healthy for one second of the 2019 regular season. The idea that Gase can make Luke Falk—who started getting non-scout-team practice reps literally five days ago—put up numbers against the Browns and Pats is absurd. 

Poor wittle Adam Gase.  His job is impossible!!!  How on earth should he be expected to have an offense that can simply execute a single play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Not thrilled with Gase either, but the issue is personnel.

This is the problem, every year with Jets fans - the two variables change, but it’s always staged as a binary argument.

It’s not binary. 

Our roster sucks, because Rex/Idzik/Mac for 10 years..

Gase was an absurdly bad hire and sucks, also.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2