How many cowboy fans will be in the house on Sunday ?

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not kidding when I say it will be 60% of the fans or more.

It makes for an unbearable viewing experience... This might be the first time in 20+ years I don't make it to a game.

It absolutely won't be 60%. It is going to be bad but it won't be the majority of fans.

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If Darnold plays the Jets fans will show up.  If he does not then it will be loaded with Cowboys fans.  The nice weather will help draw more Jets fans. 

Cowboys fans are obnoxious though so I expect to see a lot of fights break out.  

This.

If Darnold plays there will barely be a Cowboys presence.  Jets fans have been waiting a long time for Darnold to show his growth over last year and clearly the bad hand we've been dealt will mean that the season ticket holders will be out in force to support the team.  We won't need some 'make noise' prompting or goofy chant to get us going.  It's going to be rabid, the place is going to be fire.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I wouldn’t go see this sh*t show for free, darnold or no darnold. This team is a dumpster fire

The fans in the seats next to mine in 2002 said the same thing about the Jets that season and I wound up being the only one in my section sitting there in my seats watching the 41-0 playoff blowout in January.  Be careful what you wish for.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This.

If Darnold plays there will barely be a Cowboys presence.  Jets fans have been waiting a long time for Darnold to show his growth over last year and clearly the bad hand we've been dealt will mean that the season ticket holders will be out in force to support the team.  We won't need some 'make noise' prompting or goofy chant to get us going.  It's going to be rabid, the place is going to be fire.

SAR I

There are THOUSANDS of Cowboys fans that have already purchased tickets.

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There are THOUSANDS of Cowboys fans that have already purchased tickets.

Yes. The usual 5% of fans in the building, around 4,000 people.  It’s not going to be abnormal. Besides, the Cowboys are back here in 4 weeks to play the Giants, a more important division game. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes. The usual 5% of fans in the building, around 4,000 people.  It’s not going to be abnormal. Besides, the Cowboys are back here in 4 weeks to play the Giants, a more important division game. 

SAR I

There are FAR MORE than 4,000 Cowboy fans that already have tickets. This game is the most in demand game the Jets have seen in years. If Darnold doesn't play it will be the largest opposing fan takeover that I have seen since the new stadium was built. 

If Darnold plays Jets fans will be excited but anyone who thinks there are going to be less than 10,000 Cowboys fans there is going to be shocked at what they see on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

There are FAR MORE than 4,000 Cowboy fans that already have tickets. This game is the most in demand game the Jets have seen in years. If Darnold doesn't play it will be the largest opposing fan takeover that I have seen since the new stadium was built. 

If Darnold plays Jets fans will be excited but anyone who thinks there are going to be less than 10,000 Cowboys fans there is going to be shocked at what they see on Sunday.

I've been to several Jets/Cowboys games and it's not that much different than Jets/Patriots or Jets/Bills, the usual.

And these numbers are grossly overstated, there are never more than 1 enemy fan per 20 Jets fans in the building, that's 5% or 4,000 people.  Hey, if we want to add to that number, say there are 5,500 Cowboys fans that's fine, but it's never going to be more than that. 

Cowboys have lost two in a row, they're more down on their team than we are on ours.  And the Cowboys haven't beaten the Jets in 12 years, doubt their fans want to see another beat down anyway.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've been to several Jets/Cowboys games and it's not that much different than Jets/Patriots or Jets/Bills, the usual.

And these numbers are grossly overstated, there are never more than 1 enemy fan per 20 Jets fans in the building, that's 5% or 4,000 people.  Hey, if we want to add to that number, say there are 5,500 Cowboys fans that's fine, but it's never going to be more than that. 

Cowboys have lost two in a row, they're more down on their team than we are on ours.  And the Cowboys haven't beaten the Jets in 12 years, doubt their fans want to see another beat down anyway.

SAR I

Cowboy fans used to come in large numbers before PSLs drove out the real fans.  Now with PSL holders just selling them online there is a good chance they have more fans there than Jets fans this week.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Cowboy fans used to come in large numbers before PSLs drove out the real fans.  Now with PSL holders just selling them online there is a good chance they have more fans there than Jets fans this week.

There will be a flood of Cowboyz fans.  But I beg to differ on one point.  So a "real" fan wouldn't sell his tickets to the upcoming Sunday Sh!t-show?  huh?  Someone who spent over $500 in advance to see this team play vs the Browns, the Cowboys or the Patriots, decides it is not worth it to watch Luke Falk and wants to recoup?  Not a real fan?  Huh?  Sorry.  You are so wrong.  Thinking "real fans" never sell their tickets is  just B.S. dude.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Wait.  Let me understand this:

"Real fans" from Giants Stadium who paid $50 a ticket for the best seats in the house, refused to pay fair market value for their seats when asked, went to the MetLife upper deck, and then abandoned the team completely in 2012 when it was clear the playoff runs were over are "real fans"?

And the MetLife Stadium fans who spent an average of $3,000 on PSL's and $150 on gameday tickets at a time when we knew the playoff runs were over and dark times lay ahead for several years are "bad fans"?

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I have spoken to the Jets they are worried about the number of cowboy fans that will be there. people don't buy tickets this week if they're coming from out of town or their team doesn't play in the city. The tickets are already purchased.

the Jets could make it a non-issue by controlling the game on the field. That's the bottom line doesn't how many opposing fans will be there if they have nothing to cheer about it will be a good day.

If you think there's only 5500 though you're just not in touch with reality.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have spoken to the Jets they are worried about the number of cowboy fans that will be there. people don't buy tickets this week if they're coming from out of town or their team doesn't play in the city. The tickets are already purchased.

the Jets could make it a non-issue by controlling the game on the field. That's the bottom line doesn't how many opposing fans will be there if they have nothing to cheer about it will be a good day.

If you think there's only 5500 though you're just not in touch with reality.

62893722-BC91-4-D49-BC15-C480-CF337-FF6.

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

I appreciate your insight.  I count the opposing fans in sections at and below my mezzanine perch mainly because of JN posters and their comments on the subject, and when I do my counts of those sections I consistently come up around 5%.  I'm not able to see the upper deck, but I can see a nice swath of mezzanine/lower corners, mezzanine/lower endzones, mezzanine/lower Club's, etc.

That's Jets Browns '19 and Jets Raiders '14 and I think it's accurate that there are 5 opposing fans for every 100 Jets fans, at least from where I sit-  and that's behind the opposing bench-  and can see.  Upper deck may vary.

SAR I