Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Yeah I can see that being a possibility as well. No way we get the multiple 1s or 1 and 2 2s that was reported that we wanted but hopefully a mid round 1 and a 2 . We’ll see 

I'd take a 1 and even a 6 or 7.  A 6 or 7 could allow you to get the best K in the Draft and not have to compete for an UDFA.

It would be nice to land something like the Lac Edwards of Kickers with some type of late round bonus pick we got in a trade of Jamal.  Rodrigo Blankenship of Georgia?

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd take a 1 and even a 6 or 7.  A 6 or 7 could allow you to get the best K in the Draft and not have to compete for an UDFA.

It would be nice to land something like the Lac Edwards of Kickers with some type of late round bonus pick we got in a trade of Jamal.  Rodrigo Blankenship of Georgia?

Supposedly, the Cowboys offered just that. A 1 and a day 3 pick.

7 minutes ago, British Jet said:

A stunning development.

I love that Joe Douglas listened. ANYONE who thinks Jerrah Jones would get one over on a tough guy that worked for the enemy Eagles in the Cowboys division doesn't know sports. In fact, if all of this is true & JD said a #1 & 2 number #2s, he probably sat back lit a cigar & said I win either way with a big ole grin on his face. 

Chicago traded 2 #1 picks for Khalil Mack. NOW MACK IS A GAME CHANGER! Yes, Adams will be one of the best at his position but we've watched Mack just WRECK games up front. So if Dallas had agreed to that trade that would have been 1 of the best trades in NFL history after Hershel Walker. 

Seriously, a #1 & two #2s for a safety? HOLY SH*T! Could you imagine JD going into the 2020 draft with 2 #1s, 2 #2s, and 2#3s? And 2021 with a 1, 2 twos & 3 & maybe two 4s if Leo is resigns with Giants. 

Would have made for a wild couple of drafts while Brady ages another 2 years. I like the cut of Joe Douglas jib. Yesterday was a win, win. No one player is above whats good for the team. JD isn't a pussy!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Jamal's comments are the exact opposite of leadership.  There are literally a handful of moments like yesterday that come up during the course of a season where real leadership is required, and instead of stepping up like a leader, Jamal failed with flying colors.  

I can't wait for the inevitable " I spoke to the GM and he clarified what happened and we're good now" comment.  it will be too little, too late.  You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.  

True leadership is the action you take under adversity. Very disappointing that reacted the way he did. His Peacocking has to be unnerving to some players on the team. He kind of showed his true colors, and confirmed Tom Shane is not as stupid as some here might think. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

And instead of being a man about the business end of football you come out like the WHINY LITTLE BITCH you are and try to throw Joe Douglas under the bus. Forget that. Joe Douglas doesn't owe you explanation OR apology. He simply did what his job mandates him to do when you are sitting a 1-6...he answered the phone. I wish he HAD traded you now. You ain't as good as you think you are. Your missed sack on Mineshew caused a 70 yard TD pass. Remember that Jamal? Great players MAKE PLAYS and you don't make nearly enough of them to be even called very good.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Supposedly, the Cowboys offered just that. A 1 and a day 3 pick.

I would have taken that. Adams is vastly overrated. He has MISSED on more sacks that he has accumulated. He drops interceptions and is only mediocre in coverage. Plus, he misses a lot of tackles. He is not a great player by any means and a first round pick, even a low one, I would have had to consider. Got to set an example with players. The Jets are NOT a family they are a multi billion dollar enterprise whose job is to win football games. Players are interchangable parts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not close to being good enough.  Dallas's first round pick will be around #20, which is no lock, and a 6th or 7th round pick is a scratch-off win for life pick.  In other words, it's a throw away.

I would take a #1 and 2- #2's or punt.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you might say Jamal's contributions to the team are......not impactful?

I just came back from a meeting, unlocked my computer screen and the first thing I see on the screen is JN forums and i immediately say "This ******* Jamal sh*t has me exhausted"  SMH"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I would have taken that. Adams is vastly overrated. He has MISSED on more sacks that he has accumulated. He drops interceptions and is only mediocre in coverage. Plus, he misses a lot of tackles. He is not a great player by any means and a first round pick, even a low one, I would have had to consider. Got to set an example with players. The Jets are NOT a family they are a multi billion dollar enterprise whose job is to win football games. Players are interchangable parts.

He's also constantly a step slow in coverage.  Especially on throws where he's in standard Cover 2 formation and there's a throw over the middle.  That's a part of his game that isn't talked about much and isn't easily fixable.  Because he's not a tremendous athlete.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Dallas, along with the Baltimore Ravens, sources said, made a legitimate and strong push to acquire Adams. Both attempts were much more serious than anything on the Bell front. Dallas, sources confirmed, as first reported by NFL Network, offered up a first-round pick along with a Day 3 selection. The Jets, though, wanted a first-round selection and two second rounders. Dallas called the Jets up until the final minutes trying to get something done. Douglas wouldn’t budge.

Why? Because Douglas wasn’t looking to trade Adams. He didn’t want to trade Adams. He needed to be blown away by an offer he couldn’t refuse. To him, that mean a one and two twos. The Cowboys wouldn’t go that high, so Douglas stood strong.

The Ilk:  HEZ LOW ON THE IMPAKS

Nothing in the quote above suggests he actually impacts the game.  If anything it shows his impact is limited, because Dallas and Baltimore weren't willing to go "all in" to get him and give us the package of picks we wanted.  

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Not close to being good enough.  Dallas's first round pick will be around #20, which is no lock, and a 6th or 7th round pick is a scratch-off win for life pick.  In other words, it's a throw away.

If it's a high #1 I'd consider it along with another late round pick.  A team that feels it is one player away on D.  A Wild Card type playoff team.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, Alka said:

The jets will be lucky to get a 1st and a 4th this offseason

Not only is Adams nowhere near as good as your guys think he's destroying his trade value with this

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Or, he's been insufferable all along, and you're all just starting to realize it.

I've been on board to trade him since the ideas even started. I think Maye is better but doesn't act like a jackass when he's on the field so most people don't notice. 

How does this happen?  Wouldn't the coach say "Jamal, please come to my office"?  And then Jamal is insubordinate and doesn't go?

Actually now that I think about it, Gase could probably give two sh*ts how he feels and doesn't care and that probably pisses Jamal more.

Either way, sit him out for a quarter and let the meltdown continue.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

"Don't worry Jamal, Woody and I will ensure you get a contract that sets the team back decades because after all you are the prez" 

Going over not only the HC but the GM'S head as well to talk to the Owner? Has to at least cost him the C. Who the Phuck does this clown think he is? It's not like he is irreplaceable. He is a phuckin' Safety fahchrissakes. Adams needs to be told and shown who the Boss is and it ain't him.  A benching is required. This week should do it. It's against the Fins so it shouldn't hurt too much. This will only get worse if it goes unanswered. comedy lol GIF by AwesomenessTV

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Oh well this explains a lot.  If we just understand that he's human then all should be good. 

Insert roll eyes emoji wherever you like. 

FFS.  What a friggin pu$$y.  

And f**k Chris Johnson for placating him.  More meddling.  More problems.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Going over not only the HC but the GM'S head as well to talk to the Owner? Has to at least cost him the C. Who the Phuck does this clown think he is? It's not like he is irreplaceable. He is a phuckin' Safety fahchrissakes. Adams needs to be told and shown who the Boss is and it ain't him.  A benching is required. This week should do it. It's against the Fins so it shouldn't hurt too much. This will only get worse if it goes unanswered. comedy lol GIF by AwesomenessTV

That's on the owner.

He should have said, "Go talk to your coach and GM"

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, chirorob said:

That's on the owner.

He should have said, "Go talk to your coach and GM"

He still went to him right? Am I missing something? Did Johnson summon him? If not Adams has no business going outside the chain of command like that. Just another sh*t way of handling the situation. 

His feelings? Be a damn Man about it. Wow this guy looks like a bigger douchebag everyday. Somebody needs to pull him aside and give him the heads-up. He has too many people around him telling him he's right and all this bullsh*t. This is going to end VERY badly.

• Sympathy 1