Could Bucs lose Todd Bowles after just one season?

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Bowles is better than gase.  Sad but true.

No he's not.  With similar talent Gase's Miami teams dominated Bowles' Jets teams.  We suck this year and Gase has done a poor job but there are circumstances with injuries and illness.

How in Earth is Bowles already up for another HC job after being so awful here for 4 years and doing a poor job with Tampa's D this year?

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The current healthy roster isn't close to last year.  The roster we had on paper coming into this year was significantly better.  Unfortunately that's not the team he is coaching.

Hence the quotes. Higher expectations compared to where we are now makes it look better for Bowles to someone who isn’t intimately familiar with our team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

No he's not.  With similar talent Gase's Miami teams dominated Bowles' Jets teams.  We suck this year and Gase has done a poor job but there are circumstances with injuries and illness.

How in Earth is Bowles already up for another HC job after being so awful here for 4 years and doing a poor job with Tampa's D this year?

THIS is why I didn't think it was possible that Gase would be worse than Bowles. I mean, Gase outcoached Bowles in every matchup!  

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Aren't all three of those guys minority candidates?  IMO Todd Bowles would be a "check the box" guy to meet the Rooney Rule.  But Bieniemy deserves a serious opportunity (although we all know Andy Reid runs that high-octane Chiefs offense) and I can't imagine Tomlin leaving Pittsburgh but he's a very good coach and Pitt is becoming sneaky good right now with that defense and winning several games in a row.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Aren't all three of those guys minority candidates?  IMO Todd Bowles would be a "check the box" guy to meet the Rooney Rule.  But Bieniemy deserves a serious opportunity (although we all know Andy Reid runs that high-octane Chiefs offense) and I can't imagine Tomlin leaving Pittsburgh but he's a very good coach and Pitt is becoming sneaky good right now with that defense and winning several games in a row.

Why has Mike Tomlin shown up as a potential coaching candidate the past two years when he's already a HC? wtf

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why has Mike Tomlin shown up as a potential coaching candidate the past two years when he's already a HC? wtf

They must be speculating a trade for the coach. There have been reports through the years that Steelers and fanbase are not totally enamored with Tomlin.

Imagine having the problem of not liking a SB winning coach?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They must be speculating a trade for the coach. There have been reports through the years that Steelers and fanbase are not totally enamored with Tomlin.

Imagine having the problem of not liking a SB winning coach?

I've seen a lot of Steelers fans wanting him gone. I don't think they realize how spoiled they've been with head coaches. I'd LOVE Tomlin here.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

cc: to those that want to fire Gase and “just get a new coach.” This is what’s available. 

Bowles D is currently ranked 31st, next to Last, as I predicted....so at least there is that.

Seems like a big “Jet” box he checks off on right there haha.  Sure, bring him back, why not?  At least for laughs, right?

There should be posters made with the Johnsons dressed up like Uncle Sam..”Dumber than a f*ckin stump?  Bottom of the barrel?  I WANT YOU!!”

• Upvote 2

tampa is 23rd is ypg given up and 30th in points given up.

Bowles stunk in his previous head coaching gig.

This sounds for all the world like an Adam Gase type hire.

Some powerful personage will speak up for him and tell everyone how awesome sauce he is and he will get a hc gig.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Guy has lots of connections at the top of the league.

It goes so far as virtually ANYONE who has worked in the league will turn all facts upside down to never speak a bad word about the guy and actually tell the silliest lies you could ever hear with regard to his competence.

The guy’s D in Tampa is ranked 31st, next to last, right now, today, how he could even be considered for another DC job, much less HC????...is INSANE.....another reason why the NFL is turning more and more into a joke.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1