NYJ pass defense the last three games

RonaldJet

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are assuming that the only way to get a quality CB in here is to trade Adams.  I don't buy that.  I think between the draft and FA, if we can add one above-average CB and get some improvement on the pass rush at one position, the whole defense becomes materially better. 

The problem is no free agents worth a damn are likely going to come here without massively overpaying them.  Factor in the $14-$15M per we'd have to pay Adams in a contract extension, and even the overpay option will be limited.  

Look at this past offseason.  We had tons of cap space.  Did any CB1's come loose for us to go after?  Nope.  We were forced to make our "big splash" at non-premium positions, ILB and RB. 

It's not sustainable to wait for free agency to acquire quality players at premium positions.  We have to rely heavily on the draft for the next 1-2 offseasons.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This the issue, not just now but long term.

Adams had a great game yesterday but in my mind you are sacrificing too much by having to or choosing to use players in this way.

We have no CBs and no pass rushers.  We can;t be using a safety as a pass rusher or run stopper all the time because it leaves you exposed in other areas.  You can't give safety help to CBs when you need to.

I am still on the trade Adams band wagon as much as ever even after a great game last night because we need CBs, pass rushers oline and wrs far more than a pass rushing run stopping safety that leaves other areas of your defense exposed.

Hey adams looks great making these plays as we watch our bad corners get eviscerated and watch other teams kill us with under neath routes.

I also think he is going to be an issue when it comes closer to contract time.

His value is at an all time high.  Trade him now and address two other positions in the draft.

fair enough.  i don't think anyone would say no to a trade that gives them a boatload of picks.  but keeping adams isn't all that bad either.  he may be a smart enough player to when to play run and go after the qb or even cover the te or slot.  he also said a lot of good things after the game.  if the bs about the trade knocked him down a few notches as far as leadership goes, yesterday brought him back up.

24 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are assuming that the only way to get a quality CB in here is to trade Adams.  I don't buy that.  I think between the draft and FA, if we can add one above-average CB and get some improvement on the pass rush at one position, the whole defense becomes materially better.  We have a lot of young players who show some potential.  What we need are 2-3 stars.  So I don't think trading the only star we do have is a step in the right direction.  Jamal on a team with a little more talent around him would be even more of a game changer.  So let's get that talent the old fashioned way.

Just my opinion.  YMMV.

The needs:  2 cbs, 3 olineman, a wr and a pass rusher.  If trading him can fill two holes for positions that are tougher to get then I say do it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Literally no corners, no ILB, any decent QB will carve that up.

I don't know how fans who watch the Jets don;t realize how bad our outside CBs are. Its not that Jamal is giving up a tn of yards to the WRs its that the outside CBs can't cover ANYONE. TEs and RBs haven't been having huge pass catching games against us. WRs have. Mostly matched up with our outside CBs. Jamal is not to blame. Not even close. Has he been dominant EVERY game? No. But he sure as hell is not the problem.  

When Bless Austin came in against the Giants he shut his receiver down. DID ANYONE NOTICE THIS??? Praying we found a gem in him and he stays healthy. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The needs:  2 cbs, 3 olineman, a wr and a pass rusher.  If trading him can fill two holes for positions that are tougher to get then I say do it.

Sadly we need 3 WRs.  Jamison Crowder is the only WR on our roster under contract next year with more than 10 catches this year.  I think we will at least try to bring back Robby and/or DT, but if they both leave, man are we thin.  And yes, I'm omitting Quincy.  I just can't...

If we were to rank how the Jets defend the run, defend the pass, conduct the rush on offense, pass the ball on offense how would we rank them?  I might have it something like....

1. Jets Rush D

2. Jets Passing O

3. Jets Rushing O

4. Jets Pass D

Has there ever been a team that statistically is so good in Rush Defense and at the same time so bad in Pass Defense?  The Jets are either 1st or 2nd in Run D depending on the metric you look at...and close to last in just about every Pass D category.  It's crazy.  Usually when you stop the run so well and make passing predictable you can stop the pass a little better or get a good pass rush going.  Not the Jets.

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

You could do that with every player in the NFL. At least he’s trying to make plays on a sh*t team

When he feels like it.

I knew this would happen. As soon as Adams had a good game against a loser team his worshipers would come out in force. The guy still went over his HC and GM heads to cry to the Owner and tried to backdoor the Jets into a trade with the Cowboys. THEN to top it all off he tried to make it look like he was wronged. That THEY apologized to him. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Not a single pass rusher on the team, not a single roster worthy CB on the team, street UDFA's at LB.  If it werent for the tremendous play of 1 particular safety, this defense would wouldnt have a single NFL caliber player taking the field on Sundays.

God bless Pres Mal! 

2 great safety's. Don't leave out the Gator.

43 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

When he feels like it.

I knew this would happen. As soon as Adams had a good game against a loser team his worshipers would come out in force. The guy still went over his HC and GM heads to cry to the Owner and tried to backdoor the Jets into a trade with the Cowboys. THEN to top it all off he tried to make it look like he was wronged. That THEY apologized to him. Amazing.

Can you post the link with the proof that shows that’s how it happened? 
And I’m also very consistent. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Can you post the link with the proof that shows that’s how it happened? 
And I’m also very consistent. 

The link? Are phucking high? There was a 10 page thread on it not a week ago. You're so consistent but you didn't know or see that? Numerous tweets from Mehta and others. Stories posted with numerous links. Look it up Mr Consistency.

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The link? Are phucking high? There was a 10 page thread on it not a week ago. You're so consistent but you didn't know or see that? Numerous tweets from Mehta and others. Stories posted with numerous links. Look it up Mr Consistency.

Not one post has proved that’s what happened. Posters/beat writers looking for clicks have speculated that it might of happened and everyone leaves Baltimore out. 
You clearly missed the consistency part. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really.  He freelances at the LOS all the time.  And sometimes the team gets burned as a result.  He mostly does whatever he wants, whether it helps the team or not.  

Coaching staff/front office seems to like him.  Maybe you just pushing a narrative.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

Not one post has proved that’s what happened. Posters/beat writers looking for clicks have speculated that it might of happened and everyone leaves Baltimore out. 

LOL. Please. Its all there in black & white bro. No one is leaving anyone out. Your boy Adams tried the backdoor play and Douglas didn't cave then he went the "I was wronged route." Stop the bullsh*t.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Please. Its all there in black & white bro. No one is leaving anyone out. Your boy Adams tried the backdoor play and Douglas didn't cave then he went the "I was wronged route." Stop the bullsh*t.

You still haven’t shown any proof. Speculation isn’t proof and did he also call Baltimore? 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

You are assuming that the only way to get a quality CB in here is to trade Adams.  I don't buy that.  I think between the draft and FA, if we can add one above-average CB and get some improvement on the pass rush at one position, the whole defense becomes materially better.  We have a lot of young players who show some potential.  What we need are 2-3 stars.  So I don't think trading the only star we do have is a step in the right direction.  Jamal on a team with a little more talent around him would be even more of a game changer.  So let's get that talent the old fashioned way.

Just my opinion.  YMMV.

It's mind-boggling how people think that weakening a strength is a plan to improve a team. Not only is this guy a great player. He's the leader of the defense. So, his value to the team is greater than just some draft picks.

Look, loser Jets fans, as soon as this latest ship completely sinks, Jamal Adams will be out of your hair. Until then, can the rest of us enjoy his play without hearing hair-brained schemes to 'improve' the Jets by gutting the team and making it completely unwatchable.

As this poster astutely points out: you don't need an entire team of pro-bowlers to win. You just need them at key positions and at least passable in others. So, no need for a fire sale and weakening an already weak secondary. The losing will do that for us.

Or are these posters hoping to find the next Brian Winters with the draft bounty?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just my opinion.  YMMV.

It's mind-boggling how people think that weakening a strength is a plan to improve a team. Not only is this guy a great player. He's the leader of the defense. So, his value to the team is greater than just some draft picks.

Look, loser Jets fans, as soon as this latest ship completely sinks, Jamal Adams will be out of your hair. Until then, can the rest of us enjoy his play without hearing hair-brained schemes to 'improve' the Jets by gutting the team and making it completely unwatchable.

As this poster astutely points out: you don't need an entire team of pro-bowlers to win. You just need them at key positions and at least passable in others. So, no need for a fire sale and weakening an already weak secondary. The losing will do that for us.

Or are these posters hoping to find the next Brian Winters with the draft bounty?

• Sympathy 1

Just my opinion.  YMMV.

The best way to think about Jamal Adams is that he’s the player Darron Lee was supposed to be if Darron Lee wasn’t a bust. If you think of Jamal as a tiny linebacker, he’s fine. But he sure ain’t a safety, and because of that, the Jets get destroyed through the air every game: their base defense is a 3-5-3

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The best way to think about Jamal Adams is that he’s the player Darron Lee was supposed to be if Darron Lee wasn’t a bust. If you think of Jamal as a tiny linebacker, he’s fine. But he sure ain’t a safety, and because of that, the Jets get destroyed through the air every game: their base defense is a 3-5-3

Pay no mind to @T0mShane  he used to write stories he worked for Little Golden Books up until he lost his mind.

Image result for golden books

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You still haven’t shown any proof. Speculation isn’t proof and did he also call Baltimore? 

Dude look in the thread that was like 20 pages. The whole thing is laid out in there. Or you already know this and realize it will blow your nonsense out of the water.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude look in the thread that was like 20 pages. The whole thing is laid out in there. Or you already know this and realize it will blow your nonsense out of the water.

Again you haven’t post one creditable link that shows Adams contacted the Cowboys and Ravens trying to get traded. You’re just stating speculations. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

The extension thread is going to be the thread of the decade...  I'm going to spam the ever living sh-t out of that thing.

Its going to instill so much confidence in me knowing pac and cj are finally on the same page 

• Sympathy 1