Re-Rank The 2018 QB Class as of 11/17/2019

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You can’t even judge Allen accurately at this point.  Not much impressive about him last year.  This year has compiled wins against the worst teams in the league.

Sam Darnold, without mono or with Moseley an entire game on D, would be 2-1 vs Allen.  And that doesn’t tell you much right now either.

You want to spout about “leading comebacks” with regard to Allen.  That’s because the guy leaves lots of points on the board ie.  Should have blown the Jets out Week 1 but was instead facing a 16-0 deficit late in the game.

The Bills haven't beat a team over .500 yet.

• Upvote 1

Re-rank the 2018 QB class in order of who you'd want.  Below is my list.  I know it's controversial to not put Lamar as #1 but I still wouldn't trade Sam for him.  

1) Sam Darnold
2) Lamar Jackson
3) Josh Allen
4) Baker Mayfield
5) Josh Rosen

So the guy having a MVP season is second on your list...ok
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Would you trade Sam for Lamar?  That means you're in on Lamar over Sam for the long-term.  I wouldn't make that trade.  

Are you crazy.  Lamar is a once in a lifetime talent.  Have you watched any of these games?

Bellichek made darnold look like a high school qb and lamar jackson made bellichek look like a high school coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Are you crazy.  Lamar is a once in a lifetime talent.  Have you watched any of these games?

Bellichek made darnold look like a high school qb and lamar jackson made bellichek look like a high school coach.

Maybe I'll be wrong on this.  We'll see.  RG III was once a "once in a lifetime talent" too though.

4 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:
  1. Lamar Jackson,  Louisville
  2. Sam Darnold, USC
  3. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
  4. Kyle Allen, Texas A&M Aggies 
  5. Josh Allen, Wyoming
  6. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
  7. Josh Rosen, UCLA
  8. Mike White, Western Kentucky
  9. Luke Falk, Washington State

Josh Allen 5th ? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Josh Allen 5th ? :rolleyes:

LOL - I know, it just hurts to move him higher (Jet fan bias), to be fair he is probably second behind Lamar based on how he played vs the phins yesterday, Mayfield and Darnold battling for third - but this is a Jets site as evidenced by the number of rankings that do not have Jackson first (lol) the gap is that wide...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You have to put lamar at #1. He always had the highest ceiling and it seems apparent that his detractors concerns about his ability to make an accurate throw to the correct receiver were overblown if not flat out incorrect. Sam's is at #2 because his turnovers are the result of his otherworldly arm talent. Still the best pure passer in the bunch. Baker is at #3 because despite his Freddie Regression, he showed he can do it last season. I'll put Josh Allen at #4 because his team is winning and sometimes he plays a positive role in the wins but the concerns over his accuracy continue. Any Buffalo fan will tell you that he throws the ball 5 yards short to open receivers running out patterns far too often. After that, I've got no idea. But if I'm drafting, I still put Rosen ahead of the others at #5. Yes, he has stunk.  But he has been in far worse situations than either Kyle Allen or Rudolph, and I refuse to disregard his college career. With a better situation, I think Rosen becomes a very good QB on the order of Matthew Stafford.  Mason Rudolph is a complete mystery to me.  He is a jekyl and hyde from play to play.  It actually makes you realize how good Ben Roethlisberger is. Rudolph is #6 just like on most of the draft boards. Kyle Allen is fools gold. His team which has a very good D and running game is 1-3 in the past 4 games with him completing 58% of his passers for 3 TD's and 9 interceptions. So he is #7.

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Re-rank the 2018 QB class in order of who you'd want.  Below is my list.  I know it's controversial to not put Lamar as #1 but I still wouldn't trade Sam for him.  

1) Sam Darnold

2) Lamar Jackson

3) Josh Allen

4) Baker Mayfield

5) Josh Rosen

I cannot believe we are doing this...AGAIN....

Lamar is playing out of this world, but that being said:  if he was on the Jets, he'd be in a hospital (probably in a coma).  and if Sam was in Baltimore, they'd probably win the SB.  

I don't care who they play right now:  the fact that the New York Jets can beat ANYONE right now with that team they put on the field amazes me.

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was one of the guys who thought Rosen would be a better, safer pick than both Jackson and Allen.

I'm still happy we have Sam.  Lamar is a beast right now, but I'm not sure he's a 10-year guy with his style of play.  We'll see.

Lamar will be figured out next year. His style doesn’t last forever. Once the running threat is neutralized, his passing game will take a hit. He’d still be a top 5 guy behind Mahomes. 

3 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Josh above Sam? Ew!

His team is 7-3 and well on their way to the playoffs. He’s throwing 13 TD’s to 7 INt’s.

Sam is throwing 11-10.

i love Sam. It’s not a debate on who has played good enough at a consistent rate this season. The Jets have to fix their OL like the Bills successfully did last offseason before Sam has a chance to look better.

its the same thing this coming up Sunday when we play the Raiders. The Jets have a shot....if they can give Darnold a clean pocket.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I cannot believe we are doing this...AGAIN....

Lamar is playing out of this world, but that being said:  if he was on the Jets, he'd be in a hospital (probably in a coma).  and if Sam was in Baltimore, they'd probably win the SB.  

I don't care who they play right now:  the fact that the New York Jets can beat ANYONE right now with that team they put on the field amazes me.

You don’t have to do it. And this ranking is about more than Sam.  There are 4 other names.  And all these guys will be linked to each other so its strange to me that you’re surprised at this.  I think it will be interesting to look back one day and see how the rankings evolved over time.

Also other than the Ravens game, the Jets have a real shot to win any of their other remaining games.  And even for the Ravens game, we can say “any given Thursday”. So this “the fact that the New York Jets can beat ANYONE right now with that team they put on the field amazes me” stuff is just drama.  

Many teams win when playing short handed.  The Steelers won serveral game with their 3rd string QB. And they basically lost the core of their team this year (Ben/Bell/Brown) yet are still in playoff contention. 

39 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Lamar will be figured out next year. His style doesn’t last forever. Once the running threat is neutralized, his passing game will take a hit. He’d still be a top 5 guy behind Mahomes. 

He made a couple throws yesterday as good and tight as any throw Sam Darnold has ever made.  I wouldn't count this guy out so quickly.  He's already vastly exceeded alot of expectations about him as a QB.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don’t have to do it. And this ranking is about more than Sam.  There are 4 other names.  And all these guys will be linked to each other so its strange to me that you’re surprised at this.  I think it will be interesting to look back one day and see how the rankings evolved over time.  

I agree - one day.  but the pro-Sam people jump on with this after each win, and the anti-Sam guys do the same after a loss.  he looks real good.  let's get a team around him now and then maybe compare.

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the correct order.  But the gap between 1 and the rest is huge.  

Jacksons one of the most dynamic players the league has ever seen.  The other guys are trying to find there way in this league.

Lamar Jackson owns this league.

No it's not. Just because the Ravens and the Bills are the best two teams doesn't mean they have the best QBs. The league will adjust to Lamar. He isn't the guy I would want if my team was down and needed to throw the ball. Josh Allen - LOL. Because the Bills have a great D and a solid O-Line doesn't mean he is a good QB. He will never be accurate. It doesn't matter when the other team doesn't score on you. He eventually hits a throw or two and doesn't need to make anything happen on his own. 

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree - one day.  but the pro-Sam people jump on with this after each win, and the anti-Sam guys do the same after a loss.  he looks real good.  let's get a team around him now and then maybe compare.

Well the only way to “one day” look back on this is to rank these guys at various checkpoints in time (like this post was doing). And I’ve been pro-Sam all along (even after the Patriot game) 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well the only way to “one day” look back on this is to rank these guys at various checkpoints in time (like this post was doing). And I’ve been pro-Sam all along (even after the Patriot game) 

yes but people on here get over-excited/over-critical WAY too easily!!

(and I am pro Sam too)

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

yes but people on here get over-excited/over-critical WAY too easily!!

(and I am pro Sam too)

The overreactions and mood swings will be part of the fun when looking back.  Plus maybe people will be able to benefit from this in the future by being able to look back at this and see how quickly  opinions  (especially stoutly-held ones) can change.   For example we’ve already seen Baker shoot up to the top of the list and then quickly fall back to earth. Now everyone is a Lamar believer and to say anything otherwise is blasphemy.  Let’s see if this changes (and, if so, how quickly). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

His team is 7-3 and well on their way to the playoffs. He’s throwing 13 TD’s to 7 INt’s.

Sam is throwing 11-10.

Keyword: Team. Sam doesn’t have one right now. He’s had 2 really bad games in which his OL took days off. Besides that, Sam is 3-2 with 9 TDs to 3 ints.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I love Sam. It’s not a debate on who has played good enough at a consistent rate this season. The Jets have to fix their OL like the Bills successfully did last offseason before Sam has a chance to look better.

its the same thing this coming up Sunday when we play the Raiders. The Jets have a shot....if they can give Darnold a clean pocket.

Put these two on the same team and Josh won’t have a chance at beating Sam. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

He made a couple throws yesterday as good and tight as any throw Sam Darnold has ever made.  I wouldn't count this guy out so quickly.  He's already vastly exceeded alot of expectations about him as a QB.

Like I said, even without his dual threat, he’s still going to be a top 5 QB. Him and Mahomes essentially guarantee us we won’t be reaching the AFCCG again. 

10 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Keyword: Team. Sam doesn’t have one right now. He’s had 2 really bad games in which his OL took days off. Besides that, Sam is 3-2 with 9 TDs to 3 ints.

LOL, lets not count his bad games then he looks good.

Sam is the 4rth best QB taken in the draft so far. He is behind Lamar, Mason, Josh Allen, and Mayfield. Thats the eye test, the stat test, and any other test except for I'm a Jets fan so I pick sam regardless test. 

11 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

QB’s are mostly judged by if you can win with them or not.

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If joe flacco was still the qb of that team they are 2-8 right now.

Dont kid yourself.  The ravens are great because of lamar jackson.  Not the other way around.

the ravens are good and jackson has opened some eyes but when comparing to the other qb's you gotta look at the teams they ultimately joined.  both jackson and allen joined teams that were either established or pretty near playoff caliber.  darnold joined a team that was at the bottom and so did rosen.  ask again in 3 seasons after the bloom has come off of the jackson rose.