Re-Rank The 2018 QB Class as of 11/17/2019

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its lamar jackson and then everyone else.

Next week will be a big test for Sam against much better competition.  Lets see how he looks.

It was Baker Mayfield then everyone else all of last year.

this is tiresome.

1.) Lamar Jackson

2.) Josh Allen

3.) Sam Darnold

4.) Baker Mayfield

5.) Josh Rosen

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I was one of the guys who thought Rosen would be a better, safer pick than both Jackson and Allen.

I'm still happy we have Sam.  Lamar is a beast right now, but I'm not sure he's a 10-year guy with his style of play.  We'll see.

That's what I'm thinking as well

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It was Baker Mayfield then everyone else all of last year.

this is tiresome.

1.) Lamar Jackson

2.) Josh Allen

3.) Sam Darnold

4.) Baker Mayfield

5.) Josh Rosen

This is the correct order.  But the gap between 1 and the rest is huge.  

Jacksons one of the most dynamic players the league has ever seen.  The other guys are trying to find there way in this league.

Lamar Jackson owns this league.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:
  1. Lamar Jackson,  Louisville
  2. Sam Darnold, USC
  3. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
  4. Kyle Allen, Texas A&M Aggies 
  5. Josh Allen, Wyoming
  6. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
  7. Josh Rosen, UCLA
  8. Mike White, Western Kentucky
  9. Luke Falk, Washington State

4 of those have been on the Jets roster

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I was one of the guys who thought Rosen would be a better, safer pick than both Jackson and Allen.

I'm still happy we have Sam.  Lamar is a beast right now, but I'm not sure he's a 10-year guy with his style of play.  We'll see.

Watching the highlights today it doesn't look the way. He's not afraid to try and break tackles

Baker Mayfield averages 244 ypg, 13 TDs, 13 turnovers, 59% completion, and a 4-6 Win Loss record. 

Sam Darnold averages 231 ypg, 11 TDs, 11 turnovers, 64% completion, and a 3-4 Win Loss record

Josh Allen averages 250 ypg, 20 TDs, 10 turnovers, 60% completion, and a 7-3 Win Loss Record

If you base it on play so far this year and not last year it goes......

1. Lamar

2. Allen

3. Darnold

4. Baker

Darnold and Baker can be interchangeable. Darnold averages more TDs per game but also averages more turnovers per game. Both have bad lines but Baker has a lot more talent at his disposal. Allen and Lamar help their offensive lines because defenses often play contain vs them.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I still think over time Mayfield and Darnold emerge as the best 2 QB's in this class. 

I'm not sure Lamar Jackson's body will hold up, can't see him aging well. Josh Allen has a great arm but is terribly inaccurate. Rosen has had a rough start to his NFL career.

A QBs career is a novel not a short story. Lamar Jackson might be the best QB in the NFL right now, but is his style of play sustainable? Mike Vick had a long career, but eventually had to reinvent himself.

I really like what I have seen from Allen-the kid is a playmaker and clutch performer. The Bills have really done a great job designing an offense to highlight his strengths and hide his weaknesses. That will only take them so far however.

Darnold and Mayfield are the most advanced passes of the four, but are having substandard seasons. Mayfield has proven more than Darnold thus far, but Sam has had the worst supporting cast far and way. 

The NFL seems to have given up on Rosen, and I think Rudolph is terrible. 

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

Baker Mayfield averages 244 ypg, 13 TDs, 13 turnovers, 59% completion, and a 4-6 Win Loss record. 

Sam Darnold averages 231 ypg, 11 TDs, 11 turnovers, 64% completion, and a 3-4 Win Loss record

Josh Allen averages 250 ypg, 20 TDs, 10 turnovers, 60% completion, and a 7-3 Win Loss Record

If you base it on play so far this year and not last year it goes......

1. Lamar

2. Allen

3. Darnold

4. Baker

Darnold and Baker can be interchangeable. Darnold averages more TDs per game but also averages more turnovers per game. Both have bad lines but Baker has a lot more talent at his disposal. Allen and Lamar help their offensive lines because defenses often play contain vs them.

You can’t even judge Allen accurately at this point.  Not much impressive about him last year.  This year has compiled wins against the worst teams in the league.

Sam Darnold, without mono or with Moseley an entire game on D, would be 2-1 vs Allen.  And that doesn’t tell you much right now either.

You want to spout about “leading comebacks” with regard to Allen.  That’s because the guy leaves lots of points on the board ie.  Should have blown the Jets out Week 1 but was instead facing a 16-0 deficit late in the game.

Based on their careers to date.

1) Lamar

2) Baker

3) Sam

4) Josh Allen the QB

5) Rosen

The only one I’m confident won’t change is Rosen. The other 4 could change. Lamar is playing at an MVP level. Baker had an excellent rookie year. They’ve shown more than Sam and Josh. Going forward, I’d rank Lamar first as well. He’s already playing close to an elite level and he plays for a great franchise. 

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Lamar Jackson is on the most talented team of those QBs listed.  Early on has enjoyed the most success but his style will not last long in the NFL. I still take Darnold long term.

If joe flacco was still the qb of that team they are 2-8 right now.

Dont kid yourself.  The ravens are great because of lamar jackson.  Not the other way around.

• Upvote 1