Jay Feely on Darnold

RonaldJet

I also don’t think it was fair that Feely insinuated that Gase had to “dumb down” the offense for Darnold. Nobody reported it like that, but Feely felt it fit the narrative I guess. 

Again... you all know I’m not a Darnold guy, but Feely was overly critical. Did the Jets cut him or something? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RonaldJet said:

I also don’t think it was fair that Feely insinuated that Gase had to “dumb down” the offense for Darnold. Nobody reported it like that, but Feely felt it fit the narrative I guess. 

Again... you all know I’m not a Darnold guy, but Feely was overly critical. Did the Jets cut him or something? 

Im assuming we didn't offer him a contract or something, he has been on a bizarre crusade against the Jets since he left.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Your best post so far lol. 

I agree. Fans’ opinions here were apparently swayed by Feely’s commentary. It was pretty shocking - “if Darnold is a franchise quarterback HE HAS TO MAKE THAT THROW”, as if one throw or even one game is sufficient to make that type of determination. 

Maybe Feely is actually a Jets fan come to think it? I think we all have those thoughts in the heat of the moment. 

• Haha 1

I don't think Darnold has the velocity in his throws the way he did last year. Perhaps his body hasn't been allowed to fully recover from the mono he had. I like darnold very much, but i think  he needs to spend more time at the facility, working on his strength, stamina. Etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't think Darnold has the velocity in his throws the way he did last year. Perhaps his body hasn't been allowed to fully recover from the mono he had. I like darnold very much, but i think  he needs to spend more time at the facility, working on his strength, stamina. Etc. etc.

It looks like he might be throwing off of his back foot a lot more, instead of stepping into it.  I'm not sure if that's it...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Sam played fine, led the Jets on a game winning drive. The play calling stunk. And he has nobody to throw the ball to or run the ball either doesn’t help 

Agree with the play calling = hot garbage.  Led me to think he protecting Darnold's hand injury...did they talk about his injury after the game? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Most if not all of the NFL announcers with the exception of the Sunday Night Football in America crew Chris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are all garbage. 

Agreed.

guys like Feely/Archuletta think that their job as colour commentators is to critique play calls by telling the tv audience what they’d be calling instead. It’s annoying.

It’s like they think they’re Johnny Miller .

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

It looks like he might be throwing off of his back foot a lot more, instead of stepping into it.  I'm not sure if that's it...

That's part of it, for sure. If not all of it. Last year, i just remember where he fired the ball a bunch of times with defenders around, but the football got to the receiver before anyone could defend it. This year, i haven't seen that.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Did he say that? I missed it.

Feely must be really good then, because I’ve thought that from week 1.