6, 22, 14, 16, 13

5 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Huh? How do you explain the improvement in Miami’s offense this season without him? 

How do you explain the fact that Jeremy Bates got more out of the same players in Darnolds rookie year sans Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell?

Last year the Jets weren’t the worst offense in the league and Darnold was throwing to Elijah McGuire, Jermaine Kearse, and Robby Anderson. 

Anderson actually improved.

The reasoning for the rankings are pretty simple:

The numbers with Falk under center were historically bad because Falk was a historically bad backup.

The offensive line was attrocious, even before injuries.  Then they proceeded to drop like they all had the bubonic plague, making things worse.

The skill position players, sans, honestly, Crowder were unreliable/injured/inconsistent, and yes this includes "dance behind the line for a five yard loss" LeVeon Bell.  We lost Enunwa on our first offensive drive of the year.  Herndon was lost after one game back from suspension.  Griffin was great...then his ankle blew up.  Demaryius Thomas got hurt.

Despite all of this, Sam, most importantly, improved statistically. 

This isn't rocket science, and don't defend Jeremy Bates.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

It was an amazing coaching job getting us to 7-9

a coaching job by G Williams

Yeah those awesome zero blitzes on 3rd and long that almost always resulted in a first down for the opponent was really super sweet coaching.

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say Lamar Jackson might not of survived a season running around behind the this 10 change line, no TEs, and skinny Robbie & molasses Bell. 

The Jets Oline was ne of the worst in are long illustrious history of worsts. It was a poor collection of guys to start the season & we ended the season with everyone on IR except Beachum, Harrison & Shell, and both Beachum & Shell missed games & we all want both of them replaced & Harrison to go back to a backup roll at Center. 

And we ask: What's wrong with Sam? 

The skinny Robby (not Robbie) and molasses Bell are nonsense comments. Bell may not be a speedster (he never really was) but he has plenty left in the tank, if only he had a decent O-line and his pass catching ability was properly utilized he would still be one of the more productive backs in the NFL.

Robby Anderson may not be a "#1" and Jets fans may not want to bring him back for X amount of dollars but he is a deep threat and the best weapon the Jets have. He is explosive and has shown he can catch passes down the middle, get hammered and hold on to the ball. When's the last time he fumbled? Who cares if he is skinny? Are you telling me he doesn't make tough catches? That's B.S. No, he's not Mike Evans and can't shed tacklers the way he can but he is more explosive, he's a different type of WR and he is clearly not as good as mike Evans. I don't get why Jet fans trash their own players just b/c they are not Pro Bowlers. 

Yes the O-line is trash and injuries devastated this team. But I'm sick of people trashing Robby because he doesn't live up to their expectations of what? The money he will ask for in FA? Being what the fans presume are all the requirement of a "#1" WR? Its insane.

Apologies for the tangent.     

• Post of the Week 1

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 
Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

Well the last 3 games before that was. 34...34...&....34. I hear you but. If you take the last 3 games. They played. The 3 rd. 4 th. & 5 th. Best defenses statistically this year. And won 2 of em

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Well the last 3 games before that was. 34...34...&....34. I hear you but. If you take the last 3 games. They played. The 3 rd. 4 th. & 5 th. Best defenses statistically this year. And won 2 of em

They beat the Steelers 3rd string QB and a defense that was totally worn down by that point of the season.

They scored 14 points on offense against the Ravens in a blowout loss.

They struggled to put up 13 points against the second string Buffalo defense.

The’19 Jets offense, led by Sam Darnold, was terrible.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

They beat the Steelers 3rd string QB and a defense that was totally worn down by that point of the season.

They scored 14 points on offense against the Ravens in a blowout loss.

They struggled to put up 13 points against the second string Buffalo defense.

The’19 Jets offense, led by Sam Darnold, was terrible.

Agree with @14 in Green The steelers and Bills teams we beat were not not anything we should be excited about. Squeeking by the steelers and Bills and getting Blown Out by the Bengals lol... 

This offense was historically bad, Gase's offense over the last five years is bottom of the barrel ranked no better than 23rd. Gase has never shown any ability to coach up a QB, but yeah we are fine....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Look on the birght side.  Nowhere to go but up!!!

been that way since well you know... years,

So you're saying you have faith that Gase is going to "buck the trend" of his offenses performances over 5 years and have us as even an "average" offense next season?>

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The guys entire resume is built off of a year with a top 3 history QB on a team with a juggernaut defense.......6 years ago.

Im with you. I feel like we are in a bad spot and will waste an all important 3rd year of Sams rookie deal and evaluation only to be hiring a new coach in his critical 4th year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Agree with @14 in Green The steelers and Bills teams we beat were not not anything we should be excited about. Squeeking by the steelers and Bills and getting Blown Out by the Bengals lol... 

This offense was historically bad, Gase's offense over the last five years is bottom of the barrel ranked no better than 23rd. Gase has never shown any ability to coach up a QB, but yeah we are fine....

The offense was not historically bad, they had 4 games where they basically had no QB and barely scored.  After Sam came back from mono the O averaged 18 PPG which isn't good but certainly not historically bad.  The Giants made the playoffs in 2016 with their O averaging 17 PPG.

Should Buffalo give back the week 1 win since Sam played with mono and we lost Mosely early?  With one of those 2 healthy we win.  All the wins in the second half of the season were impressive.  This team has a losing culture and easily could have completed quit but they battled to go 6-2.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guys entire resume is built off of a year with a top 3 history QB on a team with a juggernaut defense.......6 years ago.

Just too add to this..

That top 3 QB is also considered one of the smartest to ever play the game and well known to basically be his own OC ...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

"42, 39, 56....you could say she got it aaaallll! Whole lotta Rosie! Whole lotta Rosie! She was a whole lotta womannn!" 

RIP [Bon Scot] - Ac/Dc

The performance they did of that on the Rock Goes To College TV series is the absolute best.  It captures AC/DC at the absolute peak of their powers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

The offense was not historically bad, they had 4 games where they basically had no QB and barely scored.  After Sam came back from mono the O averaged 18 PPG which isn't good but certainly not historically bad.  The Giants made the playoffs in 2016 with their O averaging 17 PPG.

Should Buffalo give back the week 1 win since Sam played with mono and we lost Mosely early?  With one of those 2 healthy we win.  All the wins in the second half of the season were impressive.  This team has a losing culture and easily could have completed quit but they battled to go 6-2.

historically bad for us...2019 JETS average 4.6 yards per play. The JETS worst since 2004 with Herm. Also the leagues worst for the year Gase - “he’s coaching where the league’s going“ Christopher Johnson

This had "no" quarterback excuse is just that ,... Steelers, Panthers, Jaguars, Lions, can be productive with 3rd string and unknowns at the position. we could not even get a first down. Gase hand picked Falk for his "knowledge of the system" and ability to run the offense.

No Buffalo should not give back week 1. they took it from us. 

Bottom line. Gase's offenses have never been better than 23rd in his career, THE ANOMALY IS THE 1 YEAR WITH PAYTON MANNING AND A LEGIT DENVER DEFENSE.

6-2 is an accomplishment, but if you believe those wins were impressive that's on you for not seeing the bigger picture in those wins. The only 2 impressive games of the 6 were The Redskins and Raiders.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Im with you. I feel like we are in a bad spot and will waste an all important 3rd year of Sams rookie deal and evaluation only to be hiring a new coach in his critical 4th year. 

Someone mentioned this in another thread and think it is a half decent idea. Get Jim Bob Cooter more involved with the Qb, the play calls and design. He did fairly well with Stafford in Detroit. Has to be better then some of the un imaginative offense we saw this year. I understand the O line was terrible but this is the NFL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Someone mentioned this in another thread and think it is a half decent idea. Get Jim Bob Cooter more involved with the Qb, the play calls and design. He did fairly well with Stafford in Detroit. Has to be better then some of the un imaginative offense we saw this year. I understand the O line was terrible but this is the NFL.

Gase wouldn't do this, but..,. he does need to allow other input. How many times did we hear him say "i just didn't get a good feel of how to use Bell" or " the game flow didn't allow me to make "x or y" play call"

the guy has an excuse for everything. 

Dear Adam Gase what you have done for the past 5 years has been producing the worse offenses in the league... try something new. 

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

Gase wouldn't do this, but..,. he does need to allow other input. How many times did we hear him say "i just didn't get a good feel of how to use Bell" or " the game flow didn't allow me to make "x or y" play call"

the guy has an excuse for everything. 

Dear Adam Gase what you have done for the past 5 years has been producing the worse offenses in the league... try something new. 

At least allow Cooter to help develop Sam. Without Sam showing signs of growth nothing else matters. (except drafting OL, OL, OL)

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

historically bad for us...2019 JETS average 4.6 yards per play. The JETS worst since 2004 with Herm. Also the leagues worst for the year Gase - “he’s coaching where the league’s going“ Christopher Johnson

This had "no" quarterback excuse is just that ,... Steelers, Panthers, Jaguars, Lions, can be productive with 3rd string and unknowns at the position. we could not even get a first down. Gase hand picked Falk for his "knowledge of the system" and ability to run the offense.

No Buffalo should not give back week 1. they took it from us. 

Bottom line. Gase's offenses have never been better than 23rd in his career, THE ANOMALY IS THE 1 YEAR WITH PAYTON MANNING AND A LEGIT DENVER DEFENSE.

6-2 is an accomplishment, but if you believe those wins were impressive that's on you for not seeing the bigger picture in those wins. The only 2 impressive games of the 6 were The Redskins and Raiders.

In 2004 we missed our starter for 3 games and couldn't score.  You have to factor in those first 4 games.  The O is clearly not where we need it to be but there are plenty of positive signs.  I fully expect the OL to go through a major upgrade and expect our O to be top half of the league next year.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, SummerofSam14 said:

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 

Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

The Johnsons......

59 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In 2004 we missed our starter for 3 games and couldn't score.  You have to factor in those first 4 games.  The O is clearly not where we need it to be but there are plenty of positive signs.  I fully expect the OL to go through a major upgrade and expect our O to be top half of the league next year.

and they were/are? if there were plenty of positive signs then why the major upgrades needed? 

just being objective. We are in a passing, offensive era in football and (just using the last 8 games since thats what fans point to)

We only threw for over 250 yards 3 times, 1 over 300 - okay passing yardage is low so we mush be good at rushing

3 games over 100 yds rushing over last 8 games. 

8 offensive turnovers

too many quarters where the offense is completely inept and unproductive. 

Sam doesn't look much improved from the last half of last season and if you remember at the end of last season the last 3 games we were starting to see higher end QB play against good teams. 

I hope you are right, and we have a top half ranked offense. 

15 hours ago, Stark said:

and they were/are? if there were plenty of positive signs then why the major upgrades needed? 

just being objective. We are in a passing, offensive era in football and (just using the last 8 games since thats what fans point to)

We only threw for over 250 yards 3 times, 1 over 300 - okay passing yardage is low so we mush be good at rushing

3 games over 100 yds rushing over last 8 games. 

8 offensive turnovers

too many quarters where the offense is completely inept and unproductive. 

Sam doesn't look much improved from the last half of last season and if you remember at the end of last season the last 3 games we were starting to see higher end QB play against good teams. 

I hope you are right, and we have a top half ranked offense. 

We have a QB which is the most important piece we have going forward.

We have a couple of good TEs

We have a couple of OL that should stick

Bell should be back

Crowder is still young

Moves need to be made but if this roster was healthy they could have been a playoff team and probably would have.  This is not a team without talent and with all the injuries it allowed other players to get experience.

On D how many young players stepped up? Hewitt, Burgess, Phillips, Austin, Basham, maulet, fatusaki, Williams, Copeland is still young, Jenkins still young.

If you cannot see we have pieces I can't help you.  That doesn't mean there still isn't a lot of work to do but the cupboard isn't bare.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, FidelioJet said:

You tell me.....

forget the record.  

When you look at the offense we saw this year and with Gase’s past history of producing bottom of the league production - do you personally believe Gase is the guy that’s going to take us to a SuperBowl.  do you think he’s capable of that?

That’s the question you have to ask yourself, because if the answer is no then he needs to go.

So if Gase is gone tomorrow who are you hiring next and don't say our DC.  Mac left him a crap roster yet he didn't lose the locker room after 1-7.  He'll "hit the ground running"  re: offer our new GM constructive inputs on the roster build.

For better or worse he's our guy for at least one more season.  Go Jets!   

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, SummerofSam14 said:

you're not very bright are you? Do you often struggle to find the root cause of problems with your favorite football team? You must have talent to work with. Gase didn't have any. The next time you want to criticize Gase? Please READ this post. Thank you.