Robby to command $13-$15m APY

Rhg1084

Robby is gone. He just said in his presser that he will not sign prior to testing free agency. He will go where the money dictates. And when asked, he said he wouldn't mind playing for Matt Rhule. He also would not say he wants to re-sign here. Dudes gone. I'll miss you, but I will also laugh when you're overpaid by someone else.. like the Giants and Matt Rhule.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Excellent.

Trade Adams for a #1 and #3.  Trade Bell for BAPick.

We go into the draft with at least 2x #1's, a #2 and 4x #3's (incld. the Comp Pick).

Thats 6 early picks.  Maybe more if we get a good offer for Bell.

That comp pick is not going to happen

we will sign more than we will lose and negate any comp picks

and I’ll bet you now no one gives us a pick for Bell

Robbie is a dummy. You don't give dumb WRs big money. That's something Belichick has proven over the years. 

Do you know when the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl? The 2 years they had Randy Moss. 

The Eagles won the Super Bowl with a great TE & Jefferies. If you pay a WR over 12 million, he better be GAME CHANGING. 

Like others have said, if you PROTECT Sam long enough, WRs can get open. Plus someone here said Robbie gets open easily? What? That catch vs the Steelers he had 2 guys in his pocket, he just made a great catch. But guys like Hopkins, Cooper, they get YAC! And that's what Robbie can't do, he goes down faster than Brady. 

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Robbie is a dummy. You don't give dumb WRs big money. That's something Belichick has proven over the years. 

Do you know when the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl? The 2 years they had Randy Moss. 

The Eagles won the Super Bowl with a great TE & Jefferies. If you pay a WR over 12 million, he better be GAME CHANGING. 

Like others have said, if you PROTECT Sam long enough, WRs can get open. Plus someone here said Robbie gets open easily? What? That catch vs the Steelers he had 2 guys in his pocket, he just made a great catch. But guys like Hopkins, Cooper, they get YAC! And that's what Robbie can't do, he goes down faster than Brady. 

The Patriots have signed both Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown recently but good take otherwise. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, pointman said:

Robby is gone. He just said in his presser that he will not sign prior to testing free agency. He will go where the money dictates. And when asked, he said he wouldn't mind playing for Matt Rhule. He also would not say he wants to re-sign here. Dudes gone. I'll miss you, but I will also laugh when you're overpaid by someone else.. like the Giants and Matt Rhule.

He will be a #4 WR on the NY Giants behind Shepard/Tate/Slayton. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He will be a #4 WR on the NY Giants behind Shepard/Tate/Slayton. 

Look around the league & tell me what team would give Robby huge money? 

OBJ is much better & the Browns coach has been fired. Flores in Miami comes from the Pats system, no way he's paying big bucks for Robbie. 

A lot of teams have #1 WRs. Gruden wouldn't pay Brown he ain't paying RA. Dallas has Cooper, Texans have Hopkins, Packers are set, Bears? No, they paid Robinson, Titans? They have 2 young guys in AJ Brown & Davis, Chiefs? Their paying Hill, Watkins, drafted a young guy. Elway isn't paying, Chargers have Keenan Allen, I mean seriously look around the league & you realize that Robbie will be viewed the way Jet fans viewed him as a #2/3 WR luxury. 

• Upvote 1

, I mean seriously look around the league & you realize that Robbie will be viewed the way Jet fans viewed him as a #2/3 WR luxury. 

This ... I think Robbie is a good kid ... He's just not near the worth he thinks he is. Wish him the best .. he was a decent Jet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Look around the league & tell me what team would give Robby huge money? 

OBJ is much better & the Browns coach has been fired. Flores in Miami comes from the Pats system, no way he's paying big bucks for Robbie. 

A lot of teams have #1 WRs. Gruden wouldn't pay Brown he ain't paying RA. Dallas has Cooper, Texans have Hopkins, Packers are set, Bears? No, they paid Robinson, Titans? They have 2 young guys in AJ Brown & Davis, Chiefs? Their paying Hill, Watkins, drafted a young guy. Elway isn't paying, Chargers have Keenan Allen, I mean seriously look around the league & you realize that Robbie will be viewed the way Jet fans viewed him as a #2/3 WR luxury. 

Tyrell Williams got about $11 million a year and the cap is increasing plus it’s a horrible market for UFA WRs

I fully expect Robby to get $13-15 mil per

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tyrell Williams got about $11 million a year and the cap is increasing plus it’s a horrible market for UFA WRs

We'll revisit this post. 13-15 million? Ok.

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tyrell Williams contract has an out so the Raiders can cut him after this season.  With no cap hit.  $10MM guaranteed at signing.  $5MM roster bonus and $5MM 2019 salary.  The Avg per year means nothing if a contract is backloaded with non-guaranteed money.  If we can re-sign Robby for a deal with a similar structure to Williams, or even something we can get out of  after 2 years for ~$20MM with no hit beyond year 2, then I do that; don't care what the avg salary is.

If someone guarantees him $13 - $15 per year on the open market, then good luck to him elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

That comp pick is not going to happen

we will sign more than we will lose and negate any comp picks

and I’ll bet you now no one gives us a pick for Bell

Bummer on the Comp.

And yup, Gase screwed the pooch on making a deal to move Bell.  Guess he couldn't bring himself to just say the right thing, not surprising tbqh.