Robby to command $13-$15m APY

Rhg1084

Nope, no thank you, sayonara. UDFAs like him every year. Now isn't the time to fork over 15 mill to, at best a #2 wr, more like a #3. The guy is inconsistent and doesn't bring much other than burner speed. Plus most off seasons he's a headache and I haven't heard of many players who's behavior gets better after a big pay day.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Why are most people pissing on him trying to get the most he possibly can?

Don’t we all try to do this?

Eh?  I don;t see many people pissing on him for trying to get the most he can.  Most people are just not prepared to pay what he will want.  If he wants more than 10-11 then goodbye. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I like Robbie Anderson but he's not worth that. $10 mm/year on a shorter term deal is fine for his performance.

Enunwa got $9 Million per year, and a healthy Enunwa is equal to Robbie Anderson.  I think the guy is worth $9 Million per year.  I wouldn't  pay him 10M.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This team. I don’t think this team goes much higher than $12 million but definitely this team.

I don't think the Jets are looking to re-sign him. Certainly not for 12-14mil. But I could see a team like the Eagles who have a major need at WR, are close to contending and have a QB with a cannon who would pair nicely with a deep threat rolling the dice on a contract like that if they could free up the cap space. 

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Any organization that gives Robbie A between 13-15 million per year is a LOSING ORGANIZATION!

No wonder JD had ZERO negotiations before free agency. Ridiculous number for a 2/3 WR. If Robbie Anderson caught the passes that Michael Thomas caught over the middle for Drew Brees, he'd be BROKEN IN HALF already. 

I never liked the guy, was a great find as a UDFA but that dude with millions? uh..no thank you! 

Amen and that’s the problem with Robby. He’s not willing to put his body on the line. So long babe don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like Robbie Anderson but he's not worth that. $10 mm/year on a shorter term deal is fine for his performance.

So Darnold is forgiven for not throwing 4000 yards due to bad line and cast... but no one wants to “extrapolate” Robbie to a 1,200 yard receiver based on the same arguments?

hilarious batman GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

myth. 

Is it though?

"The last two offseasons have not been pleasant for Anderson, who was arrested twice and faced a total of three felony charges -- Anderson was also arrested in January. The Jets publicly supported Anderson when faced with repeated questions about his off-the-field trouble, and now all three of the felony counts against him have been dismissed.

Anderson faced nine charges, including two felonies, from his January arrest, in which he allegedly fled the police at 105 mph and threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife.  

But the felony count of threatening a public servant or family member was dropped because of insufficient evidence, and the felony count of trying to flee and elude an officer with the lights and sirens active, was reduced to misdemeanor reckless driving."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/05/16/ny-jets-wr-robby-anderson-has-2017-felony-charge-dropped/616296002/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/19/robby-anderson-jets-wr-arrested-nine-charges-florida

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940782/article/jets-wr-robby-anderson-has-grown-a-lot-since-arrests

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798897-jets-robby-anderson-wont-be-suspended-for-2-arrests-during-offseason

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/robby-anderson-thinks-he-learned-from-two-arrests-1.19189733

Something about smoke and fire comes to mind. Not a guy I want to sign long term and build with.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

WR salaries 2019:  DeAndre Hopkins = $14 mill, Amari Cooper $13.9 mill, Stefon Diggs= $12.5 mill .  Just sayin'...

Hopkins deal was in 2017 and was an extension, not on the open market.  Cooper was 2015 and still his rookie deal (with his 13.9M being an option).  Diggs was in 2018 and again was an extension, not the open market.

Extensions will always be cheaper because they benefit both parties.  Player gets new big money sooner.  Team gets to retain player at pre-market rate.

Robby wont get 15M, but 13M isn't impossible, with my best guess being 11.5-13M.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Dropped the ball here. Could have moved him at the deadline or extended him earlier in the year for cheaper, now he's going to likely walk for nothing -____-

we probably could have signed him earlier this year for $10mm easy.  would have been quite hard for him to turn down $20mm gtd payday earlier this season. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I want to keep Robby but that’s crazy.  Does anyone know if we get a compensatory pick for him if some team is dumb enough to pay him THAT much?

Remember that Comp picks are determined by contract $ and how many FA team signs AND loses to FA.

If RA received a 3 yr. $40mm contract ($20 guar.), I would think that might land you a 5th round pick all things being equal(IMHO).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Is it though?

"The last two offseasons have not been pleasant for Anderson, who was arrested twice and faced a total of three felony charges -- Anderson was also arrested in January. The Jets publicly supported Anderson when faced with repeated questions about his off-the-field trouble, and now all three of the felony counts against him have been dismissed.

Anderson faced nine charges, including two felonies, from his January arrest, in which he allegedly fled the police at 105 mph and threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife.  

But the felony count of threatening a public servant or family member was dropped because of insufficient evidence, and the felony count of trying to flee and elude an officer with the lights and sirens active, was reduced to misdemeanor reckless driving."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/05/16/ny-jets-wr-robby-anderson-has-2017-felony-charge-dropped/616296002/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/19/robby-anderson-jets-wr-arrested-nine-charges-florida

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940782/article/jets-wr-robby-anderson-has-grown-a-lot-since-arrests

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798897-jets-robby-anderson-wont-be-suspended-for-2-arrests-during-offseason

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/robby-anderson-thinks-he-learned-from-two-arrests-1.19189733

Something about smoke and fire comes to mind. Not a guy I want to sign long term and build with.

thats all about ONE offseason, if I am not mistaken.

25 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

If I’m JD I’m offering DT a team friendly two year deal and drafting a WR in the first two rounds of the draft.

Agreed, we can have Thomas/Smith/Crowder/Berrios and add a potential number 1 in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft and pick up another in FA. It is good we have the flexibility with our 1st, 2nd and two 3rds the Giants a hi one and ours around 10-12.  That can allow help on Oline and at WR where we may need 2 of those picks on Oline and one at WR. The other and the 4th rounder can then be used for Edge and CB. Sprinkle in some more FAs at Oline and some in areas of OLB/CB and the 2nd year in this system should hopefully be a winning season with a better chance to go to the playoffs than we had this year with a depleted roster that was not very good to begin with at Oline and skill positions since Q and Herndon were gone right from the start. I am also hoping this year they add 1 more regular season game and 1 ore playoff spot. That would make sense as only 2 WCs has just not been an accurate way of setting up the playoffs with 4 of the spots being division winners.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

thats all about ONE offseason, if I am not mistaken.

First quoted sentence:

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The last two offseasons have not been pleasant for Anderson, who was arrested twice and faced a total of three felony charges

2017 and 2018. His career started 2016. So he's been around four off seasons and two of them have presented issues. Aside from an occasional bomb TD what has he done to justify the risk for seemingly little upside?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Based on what?

Two other Jets WRs who he's outperformed meaningfully, make close to 10M.

Who, Enunwa?  He outperformed Enunwa because Enunwa was injured, not because he played better.  

Who else did Robbie outperform?  Don't tell me Crowder, because he didn't outperform or equal Crowder. Crowder made the tough catches, and moved the chains.  Robbie's 3 catches per game doesn't come close to Crowder. Besides Crowder and Enunwa, no other wide receiver makes anything close to $9 Million per year.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Who's pissing on him? It's his right to go for as much possible just as it's our right to question his self perceived worth. He's fast and occasionally catches the ball. He's also had run ins with the law two of his four off seasons with the Jets. He isn't elite no matter how many times he tells himself he is. I laughed yesterday when he tried to stiff arm a CB. In the end though it comes down to the hard cap. The NBA can hand out big money contracts to JAGs as they do because there are so few players on an NBA team and it's time the NFL guys accept that harsh reality as unfair as it may seem to them. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

I think people are reacting to the contract demand and that Connor Hughes is simply spewing his agents crap. Does anyone think that Hughes is hearing from GMs that they are lining up to give Robby 15 mill a year? 

• Upvote 1