I would think to protect a 1x cop yes thats a possibility 

Not negating that he could be a x1 lynch as well as scum

But he did bread crumb the surprise

^ yes & if you do and we catch you lying

That's an automatic lynch 

I didn't breadcrumb the surprise I gave you the entire loaf

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:
Spoiler

I argued the point for quite a while as you probably already know. I did not lie about anything (and I tired to breadcrumb as much as possible as not to give too much information to scum) I simply played the game as the game dictated. The way CTM was having fun with the whole situation and egging me on (which he admitted) is what ruined it for town and any chance I had to reveal my role as unlynchable. His stoneheaded approach to the situation really opened things up for scum IMHO I think that much is obvious. I made the decision not to reveal when I got run up for the simple reason (as I stated numerous times ) they would have had to lynch me or attempt to lynch me just to vet my claim. Me revealing would not have changed anything at all so based on the circumstances I opted for shock value instead. If that makes me scum in some players eyes then so be it. Just like my poor use of words in my first reveal of Role Cop x1 I said "follow" instead of "Investigate" I stated why that happened and I answered every question put to me. As it stands now I am a x1 role cop and unlynchable. If people don't believe me they have 3 options 

1. Which is worst option for town is they attempt to lynch me again and let another day go by tomorrow without a possible Scum kill/lynch or any good information a vote count would give.

2. Have Verbal shoot me and risk losing a power role that could confirm many roles within the game notably Cop and Doc therefore if a scum player reveals cop or doc I can preserve anonymity of said roles by investigating the claim while the real Doc or Cop lay low keep them safe from scum potential role block and kill

3. Leave me alive to use my role.

Yes the role cop is impossible to vet since it has a 1x use but if I can save the cop or doc from being outed or catch scum in an outright lie is it worth it to shoot me ?

If it does not make sense to any of you why I held back my unlynchable role as I described then please tell me why when it was 100% obvious they would have gone through with the lynch anyhow. Nothing left to explain since I obviously avoided said lynch

I'm not going to rehash everything that's happened over the last 30-40 pages. I am firmly in the camp that wants to see you dead because frankly, I don't think keeping you alive is going to help me (or others) get a clearer picture to solve this thing. I don't care much how you worded the reveal ("follow" vs "target"), and I can agree that if you had claimed to be lynch proof that it would've only resulted in the same ending. What I care about is that you are claiming a role that I don't think would be Town. Role Cop utility is much more scum sided. Couple that with being Lynch Proof and it really stretches my threshold of belief.

IF you are Town, I think you've burned that bridge and as others have alluded to it will be very hard to trust your results even if something did arise where you could prove yourself, which is no guarantee and not something I'd be willing to gamble on. You're better dead and vetted than left alive for something that might not even happen. I also don't believe your lynch proof power is unlimited, but I get why you'd keep that to yourself either way. But that cat is already out of the bag so it's usefulness is gone.

Regarding CTM, we'll see. I haven't ruled either of you out as scum nor have I forgotten his change in play once he subbed back in for one of his original suspects. He went from sh*t posting D1 to gunning hard for a guy who was already under a lot of heat. Good bus play opportunity imo.

Either way, I can't put the pieces together until one or both of you are dead. That's all I'm gonna really say on that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Regarding CTM, we'll see. I haven't ruled either of you out as scum nor have I forgotten his change in play once he subbed back in for one of his original suspects. He went from sh*t posting D1 to gunning hard for a guy who was already under a lot of heat. Good bus play opportunity imo.

good post overall, but i was lynched on day 1. Minimal content to react to when i went out plus I wasn't taking the game seriously. it's 50% noob and the mod inserted a mod confirmed townie 1/2 way through day 1 and is a known derp. Hardly the stuff of serious mafia, which I don't even subscribe to anyway. I play for fun.

From the sidelines i thought smash's suggestion to holster was ridiculous, his narrative that we couldn't vet verbal ridiculous (particularity from a guy who now claims he can vet verbal), his role reveal was ridiculous and didn't fit with game and finally his defense was ridiculous.

I came back with an actual firm read because a lot more actually game play had occurred. Not sure anything about this doesn't make sense

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Smashmouth who would you shoot aside from CTM ?

Honestly I don't know. I'm not a reckless player when it comes to those decisions hence why I was hoping Verbal would holster on day one. Why do I say this ? because I have seen many townies and many power roles get shot by dumb ass Vig calls on day 1 and I dont think thats a smart play verbal himself alluded to this early in the game. But the bloodlust of some players changed his mind or helped subtly push him to take the shot. 

Obviously you have to Vet at some stage but early in the game we had no way to RELIABLY Vet verbal until CTM looked up the Ninja Turtles wiki and found there was an actual Vigilante who used a hockey stick in the movie. That did the trick but CTM the guy who has been trying to push verbal in a direction of HIS choice should have been looking hard for ways to buddy up to said Vig. and he did just that. 

So after all that I have not given much thought to who verbal should shoot ...I had FOS on you, JC, CTM and maybe Spoot who got heat early but I cant say who is more scummy than the other and I'm trying not to make the selfish call on CTM because he could very well be the scum MVP as town. 

Keep in mind we have 3 dead townies if Verbal makes another bad shot we are going to have 5 dead townies with the potential NK added to the mix, Then it starts getting bad 

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

Stark. If verbal wants to play small ball, kill an inactive 

The downside to killing smash is atleast hes participating. To bad hes scum.

ok, but shooting a VT doesn't do much to clear you or smash

inactive would be a coin toss and most likely inactives aren't scum if they are new, they would feel obligated to play IMO

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

I 100% would bus if I was scum.

yes you would. 

36 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Stop fishing

Nope we've heard nothing but Smash & CTM point the finger at each other during most of the Day 2 phase 

Yet we still have 16 other ppl (aside from these 2) 

Vig is the only "vetted" player. 

@Jetscode1 said he'd hammer Smash he ended up not doing so.

You're taking over for Brick he was also pretty absent now you're here. 

@pdxgreen  & @JustEndTheSuffering & @Beaver & @Drums I'd like to hear more from you too 

@Spoot-Face thinks I can be scum (I think the same)  

@Stark's going through RL stuff 

Newbies ( @ID. & @BUM-KNEE) (not so newbie @jvill 51) are adding more to the conversation. 

I just think we should still have more of a dialogue on possible teams or who else to look at and not just limit ourselves 2 these 2 players. 

We still have a possible 4-5 scum team situation

edit* one more time edit*

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

good post overall, but i was lynched on day 1. Minimal content to react to when i went out plus I wasn't taking the game seriously. it's 50% noob and the mod inserted a mod confirmed townie 1/2 way through day 1 and is a known derp. Hardly the stuff of serious mafia, which I don't even subscribe to anyway. I play for fun.

From the sidelines i thought smash's suggestion to holster was ridiculous, his narrative that we couldn't vet verbal ridiculous (particularity from a guy who now claims he can vet verbal), his role reveal was ridiculous and didn't fit with game and finally his defense was ridiculous.

I came back with an actual firm read because a lot more actually game play had occurred. Not sure anything about this doesn't make sense

I get that D1 is more or less a crap shoot and that later on reads develop more firmly, I'm just calling it as I see it. This is all stuff I've considered in the event of a scum!Smash death scene. I'm not suggesting that if Smash flips dirty that we should crucify you immediately but as a self-proclaimed busser with a change in gameplay after taking over a new slot - it makes you wonder.

Hopefully we get some resolution soon otherwise this is just gonna keep going in circles.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

Nope we've heard nothing but Smash & CTM point the finger at each other during most of the Day 2 phase 

@pdxgreen I'd like to hear more from you too 

Newbies ( @ID. & @BUM-KNEE) (not so newbie @jvill 51) are adding more to the conversation. 

I just think we should still have more of a dialogue on possible teams or who else to look at and not just limit ourselves 2 these 2 players. 

We still have a possible 3-4 scum team situation

With a 20 player game we could be looking at 4 or 5 scum not 3-4. Always think in terms of 20-25 percent when it comes to scum.

In respect to Jetscode he was not on when the opportunity to Hammer me came about 

46 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Verbal who are you thinking about shooting 

I'm keeping that to myself.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Also FTR all the pearl clutching about Verb accidentally shooting Town was pretty bad to read. Don't get me wrong, that shot was ******* awful (<3 you Verb) but still.

Yeah, it was bad.  I was hoping for a hero shot tbh, and it failed miserably.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Yeah, it was bad.  I was hoping for a hero shot tbh, and it failed miserably.

I see why you did tbh. I had the added benefit of reading the game with flips so as N1 went by I could see what was bugging you. FWIW I don't think the group you named was all bad. Even purely from a numbers standpoint there has to be at least one scum in there.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

With a 20 player game we could be looking at 4 or 5 scum not 3-4. Always think in terms of 20-25 percent when it comes to scum.

In respect to Jetscode he was not on when the opportunity to Hammer me came about 

:(

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

@pdxgreen  & @JustEndTheSuffering & @Beaver & @Drums I'd like to hear more from you too 

We still have a possible 3-4 scum team situation

edit*

i would like to think that the RL is not an excuse for me in game. it is why i have been absent at night instead of checking in. I wouldn't used that as a reason for anything. I only commented it back because CTM made that comment about me being on drugs. lol

I am thinking that based on the numbers there is probably 4-6 anti-town roles as the % would say, plus 80 likes to be entertained as he said. I need to try to read back on the newer players when I get some time to help me get a better alignment feel.

I still am in the CTM scum read, combo of crusher and i's interaction early and the way CTM came back.

Smash I still lean scum 

The newer players are hard to gauge. ID seems genuinely confused/learning, Beaver has written a few biblical length posts about half the game being scum. JVille51 seems town which has me on edge because if he's in QT he'd be getting pointers.

I thought Brick was possibly hiding as scum, now AJ has come in and been uber townie. 

Verb is town

Spoot is more of a neutral read for me right now. 

Gata, i have started leaning scum more. in fairness i mostly have a hard time reading you as town because of your play style.

JC more neutral on since he made some posts in the middle of D2, but I cant say I have town read fully.

off the top of my head this is where I am at. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

I thought Brick was possibly hiding as scum, now AJ has come in and been uber townie. 

his last post to the gerbil is bothering me. Very supportive/helpful to vetted dude with a gun, ultimately said nothing though. Obviously if any townie names 5 people at this point there's good chance scum in there. Seemed like buddying up.

I dont know his meta though as I was expecting the whirlwind of stupid that is zander

1 minute ago, Stark said:

i would like to think that the RL is not an excuse for me in game. it is why i have been absent at night instead of checking in. I wouldn't used that as a reason for anything. I only commented it back because CTM made that comment about me being on drugs. lol

I am thinking that based on the numbers there is probably 4-6 anti-town roles as the % would say, plus 80 likes to be entertained as he said. I need to try to read back on the newer players when I get some time to help me get a better alignment feel.

I still am in the CTM scum read, combo of crusher and i's interaction early and the way CTM came back.

Smash I still lean scum 

The newer players are hard to gauge. ID seems genuinely confused/learning, Beaver has written a few biblical length posts about half the game being scum. JVille51 seems town which has me on edge because if he's in QT he'd be getting pointers.

Verb is town

Spoot is more of a neutral read for me right now. 

Gata, i have started leaning scum more. in fairness i mostly have a hard time reading you as town because of your play style.

JC more neutral on since he made some posts in the middle of D2, but I cant say I have town read fully.

off the top of my head this is where I am at. 

It's ok everyone reads me as scummy like every game I play ?‍♀️

I'm a yummy vanilla townie 

Anyway, with a 4-5 scum team there's a chance 2 vets & 3 newbs , 2 vets & 2 newbs, 3 vets & 2 newbs (I think this might be more of the case) 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

his last post to the gerbil is bothering me. Very supportive/helpful to vetted dude with a gun, ultimately said nothing though. Obviously if any townie names 5 people at this point there's good chance scum in there. Seemed like buddying up.

I dont know his meta though as I was expecting the whirlwind of stupid that is zander

I’m saving that for later

Verb and I go back a ways from playing on DM. His reason for shooting kdels makes sense knowing what I know about him. That’s cheap talk since he’s vetted already but I just came into the game so I can finally say these things

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GATA said:

I agree with your larger point that we need to widen the focus and get some of the more inactive players more involved. But this ^^^ doesn't really address AJ's point of you fishing to figure out who Verbal is going to shoot.

• Upvote 3

Smash there is no point in keeping you alive for the simple reason I don't trust you. If you told me someone was godfather or SK I'd still lynch you. You've burnt your trust two or three times over now. Just from a utility standpoint you are no longer an asset you are a liability. Sorry man.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Yeah, I just haven't had much to say because I am still figuring people out. Not much to go on yet and there has been a lot of pointless back and forth that I have already read through a few times and still came away with little other than I don't trust anyone. 

38 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I agree with your larger point that we need to widen the focus and get some of the more inactive players more involved. But this ^^^ doesn't really address AJ's point of you fishing to figure out who Verbal is going to shoot.

Well he didn't have to give the exact person but since last time he was asking town for their opinion I figured he'd give a list again. 

After the failed lynching of Smash, chaos reigned.  Fingers were pointed.  Lives were threatened.  And more would continue the next day.

But first, the Turtles had to go to sleep.  They awoke the next day to find a dead body.  A bloodied, broken hockey stick lay next to him.  

Verbal, aka Casey Jones (1x Vig), has been killed.  

340?cb=20151031120404&key=3493fa347d4804

• Upvote 1

Remaining players:

1.  CTM:  Charles Pennington (Vanilla Town)  Lynched D1

2.  Crusher --> Replaced by @CTM

3.  Brick --> Replaced by @A.J.

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  @Spoot-Face

7.  SR24 --> Replaced by @Jets Voice of Reason

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  Verbal:  Casey Jones (1x Vig)  Killed N2

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  @jvill 51

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  kdels62:  Leonardo (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

15.  JiF:  Raphael (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. @Smashmouth

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

21.  Ape --> Replaced by @Nolder:  Mod-confirmed Vanilla Town (Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's trainer)

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

After the failed lynching of Smash, chaos reigned.  Fingers were pointed.  Lives were threatened.  And more would continue the next day.

But first, the Turtles had to go to sleep.  They awoke the next day to find a dead body.  A bloodied, broken hockey stick lay next to him.  

Verbal, aka Casey Jones (1x Vig), has been killed.  

340?cb=20151031120404&key=3493fa347d4804

ffs he didn't shoot smash ? @Jetsfan80 would a blocked or failed NK show up in morning scene?

oh well

vote smash