XFL Starts Play This Weekend

Warfish

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

It's been watchable football. I'm not sure why people are slamming it, I'd rather have a decent B-league to pass the time in spring - than not. 

Plus without having a favorite team built on years of being a fan or better yet a team passed down from family you can casually watch when you want, not because your team is on.  

Its kind of fun just to watch because its on and when you want to watch.  Its how I watch college ball too.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Gladiators wants $120 for RV parking and the parking lot only opens 3 hours before kickoff. 

I guess I won't be tailgating tomorrow.  :) Will watch on TV instead.

They offered a $15 discount tic for a limited time. And according to an article I read yesterday the prices of tics for the DC game were pretty high they had a crowd of 17000 at a smaller field than FedEx. I doubt with the cold weather the NY crowd will top 20K. I've passed on other new leagues in the past because of cold weather. For our market it is Feb and not ideal to watch a game outdoors. What about a spring summer schedule? There are supposed to be a few other pro football startups like Ricky Williams' Freedom Football League but no news on when or if this will actually happen. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The kickoff and punt innovations are something the NFL and the NCAA might want to consider. 

Yup.  I like the kickoff and the xp rules.    Maybe tweak the xp to allow for a one point kick, with two and three points options as they are now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Watching the Guardians game trying to estimate the crowd size. But rarely show the crowd. I saw little bits of it seems like lower tier has fans. In the past a tactic to not show crowd when small. 

Nobody is in the upper tiers all in the lower tiers.  If I was to guess I would say on par with the games yesterday of about 15k to 20k

• Upvote 1