OBJ wants to come to the Jets

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sincere question for you:

If the Browns decided to trade OBJ one year after acquiring him, it wouldn't concern you at all that both the Browns and Giants moved on from a can-t-miss HOF talent in the prime of his career?

Brand new F.O in Cleveland as well as a new HC. That lockeroom is full of Dorseys guys now so ya never know what's really going on. 

• Upvote 1

He certainly is a headcase.  On the other hand, he will cost $14mm this year and we have the cap space to make it work.  AND, he can be cut in 2021 with $0 dead money, so the risk is somewhat mitigated.  It might be worth the chance if they take a third round pick.  Doubt they will but we need to kick those tires.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

He certainly is a headcase.  On the other hand, he will cost $14mm this year and we have the cap space to make it work.  AND, he can be cut in 2021 with $0 dead money, so the risk is somewhat mitigated.  It might be worth the chance if they take a third round pick.  Doubt they will but we need to kick those tires.

I'd probably give them a 2nd tbh. We're likely gonna draft a WR in the 2nd anyway, might as well get one we know isn't a bust 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You know what? I usually roll my eyes at threads like this, but you might be on to something here. The Browns really need a safety, they never replaced Peppers. This idea works for me, I like it.

Trade for OBJ and send them Adams. The Browns will then file a complaint with the NFL after 4 weeks claiming the Jets sent them a safety in a box instead of a safety.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What we giving up for him? Even on a “down year” year he still had 75 catches and 1035 yards 

https://www.si.com/.amp-jets/nfl/jets/news/odell-beckham-could-want-new-york-jets-as-destination?__twitter_impression=true

C231CF52-3BD4-452D-A24D-425C00510226.png

he'll attack Sam for missing him deeo rather than what RA does, which is shrug,.

• Haha 1

I'm on the fence with this. You have the opportunity to acquire an all world WR, but I would pass since he's a diva and a locker room nut case.  If on the other hand the Jets pull the trigger on the trade, I would be very excited despite my concerns. My gut tells me that OBJ will either end up in NY or Dallas.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well it looks like Jamal won’t be helping in recruiting Beckham 

B9C3E539-964B-457E-8C0D-569C1DB11A5A.png

GM probably told him to keep out of it. He puts expectations in the heads of fans, creates unneeded headlines and unnecessary pressure.

PS. 

Sanders is older but still very productive, a good guy, good motivator and knows Gase and his playbook. Wouldn’t mind Sanders either.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You know what? I usually roll my eyes at threads like this, but you might be on to something here. The Browns really need a safety, they never replaced Peppers. This idea works for me, I like it.

Are you nuts. Say what you want about Adams but he isn't  a whiny  diva like OBJ. No thanks

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

GM probably told him to keep out of it. He puts expectations in the heads of fans, creates unneeded headlines and unnecessary pressure.

PS. 

Sanders is older but still very productive, a good guy, good motivator and knows Gase and his playbook. Wouldn’t mind Sanders either.

I think you're spot on with this one. 

Douglas probably told him to butt out, it really doesn't help any when he tweets to these guys.

If he wants to talk to them privately, that's another story.

As far as Sanders, I'd rather sign RA, but if we can't, we could do worse then getting a solid vet like him, I'd be ok with it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think you're spot on with this one. 

Douglas probably told him to butt out, it really doesn't help any when he tweets to these guys.

If he wants to talk to them privately, that's another story.

As far as Sanders, I'd rather sign RA, but if we can't, we could do worse then getting a solid vet like him, I'd be ok with it.

We’re going to need at least 2 FA WR’s either way it goes. Sanders and Allison are the only good options imo.

as i’ve said before..I think RA is gone. From recent comments from both sides, it seems like RA is ready for greener pastures and the amount of money that comes with it. The only way the Jets keep him is if they overpay him and it doesn’t sound like JD will budge on that.

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

One A hole for another. Equitable trade.

How is Jamal an ahole?

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you nuts. Say what you want about Adams but he isn't  a whiny  diva like OBJ. No thanks

Jets fans lol. Can always find a reason to say “do not want” while defending our own horrid players for years.

Just now, jgb said:

How is Jamal an ahole?

Jets fans lol. Can always find a reason to say “do not want” while defending our own horrid players for years.

Has Adams ever cheap shotted another player and then crowed about it, has he ever publicly trashed his QB, has he ever gone after an official and made physical contact, because OBJ has done all those things. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Has Adams ever cheap shotted another player and then crowed about it, has he ever publicly trashed his QB, has he ever gone after an official and made physical contact, because OBJ has done all those things. 

Jets fans predictably turn on any player who wants to get paid. It’s nothing new 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I turned on Jamal well before he wanted to get paid.  

Totally fair I’ve also been vocal about the pick from day one. He’s a showboat, that’s fair, and if that makes him an ahole, okay. But the holdout wouldn’t be the reason IMHO.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Totally fair I’ve also been vocal about the pick from day one. He’s a showboat, that’s fair, and if that makes him an ahole, okay. But the holdout wouldn’t be the reason IMHO.

No the holdout on its own wouldn't, but his behavior DURING said holdout will 100 % expose him as an a-hole.  Take that to the bank.  

Hell, Revis was actually relatively classy during his holdout.  Kept to himself and such, didn't really try to play the media against the Jets.  His play at that time in his career spoke for itself.  That won't be the case with Jamal.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No the holdout on its own wouldn't, but his behavior DURING said holdout will 100 % expose him as an a-hole.  Take that to the bank.  

Hell, Revis was actually relatively classy during his holdout.  Kept to himself and such.  

You may be right. If it comes to that it will say a lot about the man.