OBJ wants to come to the Jets

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Hell no. He’s a head case that’s going to lose his sh*t when things don’t work out well and they’re not going to work out well. If they can get him for a 3rd yes otherwise no. 

As much as I agree with this Mick I might be tempted to take him if they gave us a 3rd round pick as well. Of course we'd take OBJ while NOT giving up any of our picks.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

A talented WR1 who improves our offense immediately? WRs jobs are to exploit the defense and that's what he did regardless of how it happened he racked up a big game against us and backed his sh*t up. Everytime Sam capitalizes on blown coverages do those not count as him making the play? 

Of course it does.  This just doesn't seem like the kind of move Joe Douglas would make.  The first words out of his mouth when he arrived were that he's here to change the culture.  Signing and trading for big names sounds more like a Maccagnan move.  Would much rather the Jets draft the next OBJ and pay him on a rookie deal for 4 years (Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Reagor, etc.).  I'd rather pay for a young player's future than for OBJ's past and highlight film catches.  He would cost both $$$ and draft picks is my guess.  I'm listening if the Browns would dump him for the #68 pick...but I doubt that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Of course it does.  This just doesn't seem like the kind of move Joe Douglas would make.  The first words out of his mouth when he arrived were that he's here to change the culture.  Signing and trading for big names sounds more like a Maccagnan move.  Would much rather the Jets draft the next OBJ and pay him on a rookie deal for 4 years (Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Reagor, etc.).  I'd rather pay for a young player's future than for OBJ's past and highlight film catches.  He would cost both $$$ and draft picks is my guess.  I'm listening if the Browns would dump him for the #68 pick...but I doubt that.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from brotha but IMO the best way to "change the culture" is to start winning! We can all agree that adding OBJ as a weapon for Sam would greatly increase our talent as well as giving us a better chance to score points. I'd say there's a solid chance we invest our 2nd rounder in a WR, I'd trade that to Cleveland for a proven stud WR and call it a day. Here's a conservative offseason for ya and tell me what you think. We resign Beachum+Lewis, we only sign Glasgow. Draft Thomas/Wirfs at 11, 2nd for OBJ and we've got multiple 3rd rounders for a CB+Edge. A revamped Oline consisting of Thomas/Lewis/Harrison/Glasgow/Beachum. Sam now has an improved line as well as a true #1 in OBJ, Crowder,Bell, Herndon and Griffin. It's a no brainer for me! Especially considering the fact that with 50+ million we'd likely add more pieces than just Glasgow.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

They should be giving us draft picks for this a$$hole. Great talent but just had his worst season in his career and with a talented Cleveland Offense to work with.

You guy's think OBJ is cooperating and playing nice if we start losing again this upcoming season, especially with Gase at the helm? Cmon...

True, but wouldn't it be sweet to stick it to the Giants with Darnold AND Beckham becoming great together?! 

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

What happened in his first year in Cleveland doesn't bother you?

It absolutely does.  The LSU title game drunken-look-at-me-show really gives me pause.  But then I unpause because of how in awe I am of his athletic prowess.  His contract is totally cutable at anytime if it went South, which absolutely could happen. 

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

It absolutely does.  The LSU title game drunken-look-at-me-show really gives me pause.  But then I unpause because of how in awe I am of his athletic prowess.  His contract is totally cutable at anytime if it went South, which absolutely could happen. 

I love his talent too, but unfortunately, it takes so much more than talent. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I love his talent too, but unfortunately, it takes so much more than talent. 

maybe he’s Randy Moss 2.0 - not a real-time bad guy, who just needs the right QB to be great

You could always cut him.  but certainly he’d could be a rotten egg here

inagine the sweetness of trading the giants 3rd rounder for him

• Post of the Week 1

See this is a Jets fan.  A Superstar says they would like to come here.  All they look at is him punching kicking nets.  This is why the Jets stink.  They do not want Superstars.  I wanted this cat when he came out in the draft.  He is electric. ,  but OK.  Since he has issues lets watch amazing talent walk.  This is why the Jets stink.  I would give Cleveland our 2nd next year and our second 3rd this year.  He has at least 5 years left in the tank and he is a top 3 in the league.  Amari Cooper could not sniff this guys jock,  but because Amari seems nice and is a good soldier you all are willing to pay him the moon.  OBJ all the way and if you say no you need to root for another team.  The Jets are devoid of stars and have been for years.  This is why they suck

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Truth said:

See this is a Jets fan.  A Superstar says they would like to come here.  All they look at is him punching kicking nets.  This is why the Jets stink.  They do not want Superstars.  I wanted this cat when he came out in the draft.  He is electric. ,  but OK.  Since he has issues lets watch amazing talent walk.  This is why the Jets stink.  I would give Cleveland our 2nd next year and our second 3rd this year.  He has at least 5 years left in the tank and he is a top 3 in the league.  Amari Cooper could not sniff this guys jock,  but because Amari seems nice and is a good soldier you all are willing to pay him the moon.  OBJ all the way and if you say no you need to root for another team.  The Jets are devoid of stars and have been for years.  This is why they suck

The Jets went out and paid a "star" a year ago and it failed miserably.

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What we giving up for him? Even on a “down year” year he still had 75 catches and 1035 yards 

https://www.si.com/.amp-jets/nfl/jets/news/odell-beckham-could-want-new-york-jets-as-destination?__twitter_impression=true

C231CF52-3BD4-452D-A24D-425C00510226.png

Exactly what every developing QB needs, a lockerroom cancer.  Sign Brown too, and hire TO as the WR coach.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets went out and paid a "star" a year ago and it failed miserably.

Yup and what happens when you only have one player on offense,  defenses key on this.   The 3 headed monster.  OBJ, Lev and Sam.  Reminds you of Aikman Irvin and Emmett.  The big 3.   Live in mediocrity.  This is what every Jets fan wants.  not me.  Money is not an issue.  Get it done and stop worrying about he is going to screw up the team.  He will make this team better immediately.  Anyone can not deny that.

Grab OBJ,  Draft the 2 best lineman in rounds 1 and 2.  Then the best WR in round 3 with the early 3rd.  Than you can go edge and corner the rest of the way.  Crowder will go for 90 and 1000 with OBJ on this team.  Anyone who dont want him needs to rethink who they root for.

• Upvote 2

What’s funny is a team like the Patriots would take this guy without even thinking twice. Would prob give up a 1st even. But the holier than thou Jets fans condemn a player like Odell. We’re building a culture! Meanwhile, the culture up in foxboro seems to be doing just fine 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s funny is a team like the Patriots would take this guy without even thinking twice. Would prob give up a 1st even. But the holier than thou Jets fans condemn a player like Odell. We’re building a culture! Meanwhile, the culture up in foxboro seems to be doing just fine 

The biggest issue with Odell is he's an undisciplined route runner with bad hands. His ability to get open with his athleticism has declined since the injury. His rep as a superstar garners targets he doesnt really deserve at this point. Pairing him with a young QB is just a bad idea.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The biggest issue with Odell is he's an undisciplined route runner with bad hands. His ability to get open with his athleticism has declined since the injury. His rep as a superstar garners targets he doesnt really deserve at this point. Pairing him with a young QB is just a bad idea.

The guy runs circles around any wide receiver in this draft and probably the next 3 .Just from fantasy numbers alone.  top 3 all day everyday.   Eli sucked and he still put up huge numbers.  OK resign Robbie for 15 million.  Mediocrity at its finest.  

• Upvote 2

Hell no. He’s a head case that’s going to lose his sh*t when things don’t work out well and they’re not going to work out well. If they can get him for a 3rd yes otherwise no. 

You’d trade a 3rd for a head case who is almost guaranteed to lose his $hit?

That sounds like a 4th to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You’d trade a 3rd for a head case who is almost guaranteed to lose his $hit?

That sounds like a 4th to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Once again,  he is top 3 in the league.  I dont care if you have to slam a pacifier in his mouth to suck on at halftime.  He is an amazing talent.  Which  the Jets have been missing since I dont know maybe since  Al Toon.  This team never has Stars.    Stop worrying about the locker room.  He will come in and make plays.  Everyone says we have no identity.  reason,  when you never have stars there is no identity.

The 2 biggest stars this team has had since Toon.  Curtis Martin and Revis.  Name me one bigger than them 2 since 1988.  I will answer that none.

Now we could have Adams, Sam, Bell and Beckham.  Yes I like those chances.

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Plus, he wants to come back to NY for the club scene and his crew, not because he gives a sh*t about the Jets, and because he’s effectively blackballed from the Giants forever

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Plus, he wants to come back to NY for the club scene and his crew, not because he gives a sh*t about the Jets, and because he’s effectively blackballed from the Giants forever

+ he understands Dahnald has the skinny on them north jersey skanks,  Florham pahk gunna be like a 1970's swinger party this season. giggity

3ppwvn.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The guy runs circles around any wide receiver in this draft and probably the next 3 .Just from fantasy numbers alone.  top 3 all day everyday.   Eli sucked and he still put up huge numbers.  OK resign Robbie for 15 million.  Mediocrity at its finest.  

He wasnt even the best fantasy receiver on his own team.