Jets sign Josh Doctson

Lith

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s exactly what I thought. We will see what happens in the next few weeks. It’s going to be a fun offseason and I hope we get a bunch of value free agents after the first few days. No splashes, even with the OL needs. Get value and volume of solid players. 

The money that could have been spent to keep Anderson will likely be allocated to the OL.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Is it me but does this guy not catch anything with his hand

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Catching a lot of deep slants from Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins.  Looks like Cousins wanted him in Minn, not sure why he didn't play.

SAR I

Looks to me like, at least in this video, he caught one ball with his hands and the rest all with his body.

Not a good sign for an NFL WR.  

If those are his highlights I’m not impressed.  Depth signing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Josh Doctson

The NY Jets have announced that they signed veteran free agent WR Josh Doctson.

Doctson (6’2″, 205) was a first-round selection by Washington, No. 22 overall, following the 2016 draft after putting up big numbers his last two seasons at TCU. In three seasons with the Redskins, he played in 33 games (26 starts) and recorded 81 receptions for 1,100 yards (13.6 yards/catch) and 8 touchdowns.

He was a final cut by the ‘Skins last September and signed as a free agent with Minnesota after clearing waivers two days later. He was with the Vikings through late November but played in only one game with no catches.

This will be a fresh start for Doctson who never came close to living up to the pressure of being a 1st round draft pick in Washington. He had no 100-yard games with the Redskins and only had 1,110 yards in three seasons. He spent the year last year with the Vikings but was placed on injured reserve in September. He was activated late in the year but only saw action in one game (no catches) before being waived.

Josh Doctson

Visit our forums to see what Jets fans are saying about Josh Doctson.

The post Jets Sign Former Redskins 1st Round WR Josh Doctson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
IvTBhF5AyWw

Click here to read the full story...

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

A team with a rookie QB, who needs weapons, releases their former #1 pick WR for nothing...

Why am I not excited about the Jets signing that guy?

Just sign Robby, and draft a guy. Its really not that hard.

I'd say we draft a guy around 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s exactly what I thought. We will see what happens in the next few weeks. It’s going to be a fun offseason and I hope we get a bunch of value free agents after the first few days. No splashes, even with the OL needs. Get value and volume of solid players. 

Agreed. The goal should be a two to three year plan to build the VERY BEST offensive line in football and build the team with skill players of this ilk and draft second day skill players on rookie deals with a low price tag.

• Upvote 3