Henry Ruggs III: Rumors

PepPep

14 hours ago, RobR said:

You should post more often in the draft forum and let us know what players you like and dislike before they're drafted.

I want to surround Darnold with a few receivers who are going to have a ~60 catch rate. I think Darnold is a streaky guy with confidence issues who needs to see passes get completed to feel good about himself, and the more pass-catchers he has around him who bully their way to positive plays, the better. As such, I’m not as interested in 40 times as I am in things like size, catch radius and alpha-dog production on the college level. Dudes who will break a CB’s fingers to beat them to a pass. If Ruggs can do that, cool. But if he’s a guy that they have to scheme a bunch of plays for because he’s a slightly larger Tavon Austin, no thanks. As is, if I’m at 11 and I have the choice between Ruggs and Andrew Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, etc, I’m taking the tackle. If I’m holding the 17th pick and I have to choose between Ruggs and, say, Jefferson, I’m probably taking Jefferson. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want to surround Darnold with a few receivers who are going to have a ~60 catch rate. I think Darnold is a streaky guy who confidence issues who needs to see passes get completed to feel good about himself, and the more pass-catchers he has around him who bully their way to positive plays, the better. As such, I’m not as interested in 40 times as I am in things like size, catch radius and alpha-dog production on the college level. Dudes who will break a CB’s fingers to beat them to a pass. If Ruggs can do that, cool. But if he’s a guy that they have to scheme a bunch of plays for because he’s a slightly larger Tavon Austin, no thanks. As is, if I’m at 11 and I have the choice between Ruggs and Andrew Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, etc, I’m taking the tackle. If I’m holding the 17th pick and I have to choose between Ruggs and, say, Jefferson, I’m probably taking Jefferson. 

I agree, we need WRs that attack the ball. I want strong fighting guys for Sam that match his LB mentality. Nothing gets a stadium up more than a WR with a great straight arm shoving a CB down & motoring down the sideline. 

Grab the fast 176 LB guy with a 6th round pick. I'm liking the Pittman, Gandy types when you have an accurate QB. These guys use their body to fend off defenders & than attack the ball which draw more PIs from the refs too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I agree, we need WRs that attack the ball. I want strong fighting guys for Sam that match his LB mentality. Nothing gets a stadium up more than a WR with a great straight arm shoving a CB down & motoring down the sideline. 

Grab the fast 176 LB guy with a 6th round pick. I'm liking the Pittman, Gandy types when you have an accurate QB. These guys use their body to fend off defenders & than attack the ball which draw more PIs from the refs too. 

Gase likes smaller, shiftier receivers.  And Pittman and Gandy will both be available in the late 2nd, early 3rd rounds.  

I want offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. However, if we go into free agency and can grab 2-3 starters, I believe this will give us more flexibility in the draft. Maybe drafting a wideout or trading back a couple spots to accumulate more picks would be possible. 

At the end of the day, we need to open up holes for Bell and protect Darnold. It’s that simple. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I understand but he’s trolling me. I’ve literally told @More Cowbell like fifty times I like ruggs I just don’t think he’s zeus 

Fifty times? I don't  even recall you saying that more than maybe one time as a backhanded compliment.  

I'm not trolling you. I made a statement about Ruggs being faster than Hill. You neg repped me for that post and then said "faster than Hill, you fail". Then I posted proof that he is faster and you spin to the conversation to a comment instead of the subject at hand called me an idiot for being right about Ruggs speed and your attitude towards him. He is totally worthy of being our selection if the 4 top OL are gone at 11. 

You want to say I'm wrong about you hating him I except that but you were totally wrong about Ruggs and it was definitely  the reason you thought about him as you did. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Gase likes smaller, shiftier receivers.  And Pittman and Gandy will both be available in the late 2nd, early 3rd rounds.  

He's already got Crowder, Sam needs some strong Vincent Jackson types too. Fast big guys with Herndon returning could be a nightmare, especially if the draft falls where Jeudy or Lamb are the pick at 11. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He's already got Crowder, Sam needs some strong Vincent Jackson types too. Fast big guys with Herndon returning could be a nightmare, especially if the draft falls where Jeudy or Lamb are the pick at 11. 

I’m not saying that it is who I would want for the offense. Just that, for the most part, Gase has sought out the smaller, quicker receivers.  I would expect more of the same.  

9 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I’m not saying that it is who I would want for the offense. Just that, for the most part, Gase has sought out the smaller, quicker receivers.  I would expect more of the same.  

He traded Jarvis Landry? He had D. Thomas in Denver. 

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

After Ruggs breaks thebrecord for the 40 at the combine, he is going to be the consensus  #1 WR in the draft. This guy was clocked at close to 25 MPH on one of his long TD runs. You can't  teach that. 

And there goes that one, not even close

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold is a streaky guy who confidence issues who needs to see passes get completed to feel good about himself, and the more pass-catchers he has around him who bully their way to positive plays, the better.

LOL. 

Confidence issues?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I want to surround Darnold with a few receivers who are going to have a ~60 catch rate. I think Darnold is a streaky guy who confidence issues who needs to see passes get completed to feel good about himself, and the more pass-catchers he has around him who bully their way to positive plays, the better. As such, I’m not as interested in 40 times as I am in things like size, catch radius and alpha-dog production on the college level. Dudes who will break a CB’s fingers to beat them to a pass. If Ruggs can do that, cool. But if he’s a guy that they have to scheme a bunch of plays for because he’s a slightly larger Tavon Austin, no thanks. As is, if I’m at 11 and I have the choice between Ruggs and Andrew Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, etc, I’m taking the tackle. If I’m holding the 17th pick and I have to choose between Ruggs and, say, Jefferson, I’m probably taking Jefferson. 

First, I really don't think Darnold has confidence issues, unless you're talking about his confidence in his teammates or coaches which he has every right to be concerned about. He never seems to be afraid to throw to a small area, and (I feel) his mistakes generally come when he's pressing - basically when the chips are down and he believes he's the guy who has to make the play. And then he tries to do just that. That's not a confidence issue. 

And I find Ruggs intriguing, at the very least. He's not a "slightly larger" Tavon Austin. He's a very respectable 5'11" with an impressive 6'3" wingspan and 10.12" hands. And that speed. He's got a lot of tools at his disposal. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I want offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. However, if we go into free agency and can grab 2-3 starters, I believe this will give us more flexibility in the draft. Maybe drafting a wideout or trading back a couple spots to accumulate more picks would be possible. 

At the end of the day, we need to open up holes for Bell and protect Darnold. It’s that simple. 

Your projected WR depth chart is...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

darnold needs receivers who understand how he plays qb, he runs around, makes off schedule throws, wings it a lot.  he needs receivers who are going to work with him like this and not be mechanical route runners.  this is why i think a guy like lamb is better for him than jeudy.  but since the jets will probably be going OL in the first, they're going to need to find these guys in rounds 2 and 3.  they should really take 2 of them, not pay anderson and allocate the money to protecting darnold.  take 2 wrs you really like, trade up and down and come away from the draft after 2 days with a starting tackle and 2 legit wrs.  that's how you transform an offense in a draft.  then you use a 3rd rounder on a cb and a day 3 pick on a rb.

37 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Fast AND big you say? Intriguing, tell me more.

Not a fan of the shrimps. Tyreek Hill is an outlier & Kelsey makes the tough have to have catches when Mahomes struggles a bit. 

Rams lost to the Patriots because after Kupp was injured they were left with only two shrimp WRs in Cooks & Woods. 

There were like 3 tough plays in the endzone in that game that Goff needed someone to go up & get it but they were too small to compete. 

37 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold needs receivers who understand how he plays qb, he runs around, makes off schedule throws, wings it a lot.  he needs receivers who are going to work with him like this and not be mechanical route runners.  this is why i think a guy like lamb is better for him than jeudy.  but since the jets will probably be going OL in the first, they're going to need to find these guys in rounds 2 and 3.  they should really take 2 of them, not pay anderson and allocate the money to protecting darnold.  take 2 wrs you really like, trade up and down and come away from the draft after 2 days with a starting tackle and 2 legit wrs.  that's how you transform an offense in a draft.  then you use a 3rd rounder on a cb and a day 3 pick on a rb.

Ace in the hole would be your scenario & trading with JDs old team the Eagles for Alshon Jeffery for a #7 to take his contract off their hands. 

This allows the youngsters to work in behind a veteran & if he gets nicked the youngster gets some needed reps. 

45 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How about this? Sign Vaitai and Conklin then trade Adams to the Raiders for their 12th overall pick and whatever else they put in the deal.  Then take Lamb and Jeudy with back to back picks. You just secured the future for Sam Darnold and the Jets. 

That's crazy.....but  I love it!!!! And I like Adams.

55 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How about this? Sign Vaitai and Conklin then trade Adams to the Raiders for their 12th overall pick and whatever else they put in the deal.  Then take Lamb and Jeudy with back to back picks. You just secured the future for Sam Darnold and the Jets. 

How bout we stop mentioning trading Jamal because it’s never happening? No?