Would you trade to eat Alshon's contract to get Andre Dillard? (22nd overall pick last year

I would be all over this trade... pick #68 and a combined $18m in cap hit!

Wow
@Tim_McManus just now on the Mike Missanelli show said he's heard whispers that the Eagles could be looking to use Andre Dillard as a means of dumping Alshon Jeffrey's contract. Thinks the fact Eagles seem very interested in bringing back Jason Peters tells you a lot.
4:20 PM · Mar 2, 2020

1 minute ago, varjet said:

It’s good that JD hired lots of scouting help, because his drafting the past 2 years looks a little suspect. 

Douglas made the final decisions on who was drafted at the Eagles... and not Roseman?  Wow.  News to me.

21 minutes ago, Here we go TB12 said:

It seems the source is legit. At first sounded crazy but probably is the only way for the Eagles to get rid of Jeffrey who is becoming a problem for them

So you get rid of one problem and create a bigger problem. Makes no sense. Something is amiss.

1 hour ago, Here we go TB12 said:
I would be all over this trade... pick #68 and a combined $18m in cap hit!

Wow
@Tim_McManus just now on the Mike Missanelli show said he's heard whispers that the Eagles could be looking to use Andre Dillard as a means of dumping Alshon Jeffrey's contract. Thinks the fact Eagles seem very interested in bringing back Jason Peters tells you a lot.
4:20 PM · Mar 2, 2020

I'd absolutely pull the trigger on this for sure if I could package the deal. 

I'd offer them the 11th pick

Tell the Eagles to part ways with their their 21st pick, Jeffery, Dillard and their compensatory 3rd rounder. 

That would give us Dillard at Tackle, we can pick up another linemen at 21 or even trade down again depending on how things fall. 

We'd be working with this situation. 

a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, three 3rd round picks, Tackle Andre Dillard and receiver Alshon Jeffery.

And the cost was just 18 million. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

News to everyone !

One of the key reasons league insiders were talking about Douglas leaving was specifically because the Eagles analytics department was having more and more input in their drafts.  So before we go, "ahh well look, those picks were on his watch."  Maybe things weren't so cut and dry on those draft results.  CJ gave Douglas the power he was looking for.  Let's see him here in at least one draft with him literally the last person who has a say on who goes on the roster and who doesn't.

Eagles are a win now team. Jeffrey has the Lisfranc injury. Dillard played well when on the field but if they want Peters back he doesn't add a lot this year. Evidently they want to clear cap space to sign Byron Jones. That's a win now move. Jets are not a win now team. They can afford to let Dillard develop.

Curious about scheme fit with Dillard as well. Eagles roll with big dudes on the OL. Dillard is more the mobile type. Jets want mobile guys.

Another interesting thing is both the Jets and Browns have new FO guys who were with the Eagles when they drafted Dillard and both teams have tackle needs. Eagles may be able to drum up a little more of a market.

I'm also a little biased here because Dillard was my favorite tackle in last year's class.

• Upvote 3

Douglas would know if there is something rotten with Dillard.  if there is, I'm sure he's smart enough to stay away.  If the trade is legit, I'm sure Roseman has already been on the phone with him.

Personally, I don't think the story is Legit.   Just more scribe BS.  We'll see

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Here we go TB12 said:

It seems the source is legit. At first sounded crazy but probably is the only way for the Eagles to get rid of Jeffrey who is becoming a problem for them

Is there some reason he cant be cut?

Trading him accelerates any bonus money towards the cap similar to cutting him

Before we get to crazy about this we might want to consider the following.

And now look at these assessments of Dillard from PFF ...

Dillard was limited to reserve work when Jason Peters or Lane Johnson went down because of injury, and that was a good thing for Carson Wentz based on how he graded. He allowed a pressure rate of 14.7%, higher than any other tackle in the NFL.

... and from Football Outsiders:

Dillard blew 7.8% of his combined pass and run blocks, the worst rate among offensive linemen with 300 or more snaps.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/2/26/21154290/eagles-jason-peters-andre-dillard-starting-left-tackle-offensive-philadelphia-nfl-draft-2019-news

That’s not so encouraging.

I'm not a PFF is th gospel guy, but still..................

You need to post the whole story... it is true that he did not have a stellar 1st year but the guy was a rookie and he did not have consistent reps to fairly assess his potential ...

But it’s only fair to note that Dillard’s worst three games came when 1) he had to fill in on short notice for an injured Peters against the Minnesota Vikings, 2) he made his first NFL start on the road against the Dallas Cowboys, and 3) he started at right tackle against the Seattle Seahawks. Dillard graded out more favorably in his second and third starts at left tackle. Dillard also finished the 2019 preseason as PFF’s fourth highest graded tackle, for whatever that’s worth

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd absolutely pull the trigger on this for sure if I could package the deal. 

I'd offer them the 11th pick

Tell the Eagles to part ways with their their 21st pick, Jeffery, Dillard and their compensatory 3rd rounder. 

That would give us Dillard at Tackle, we can pick up another linemen at 21 or even trade down again depending on how things fall. 

We'd be working with this situation. 

a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, three 3rd round picks, Tackle Andre Dillard and receiver Alshon Jeffery.

And the cost was just 18 million. 

Yea I'd be on board with this so long as Douglas likes Dillard. Do you think they want Ruggs that bad? I'm assuming that's who'd they come up to 11 to get. Unless this want to target a new LT of the future then that's no bueno

Just now, nico002 said:

Dillard must be on a whole new level of suck for them to want to dump him after trading up... Peters is an injury waiting to happen no chance they go into the season without a viable backup 

Reading up on him it seems to be that the Eagles do not like that he doesn't seem to have versatility along the line

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Before we get to crazy about this we might want to consider the following.

And now look at these assessments of Dillard from PFF ...

Dillard was limited to reserve work when Jason Peters or Lane Johnson went down because of injury, and that was a good thing for Carson Wentz based on how he graded. He allowed a pressure rate of 14.7%, higher than any other tackle in the NFL.

... and from Football Outsiders:

Dillard blew 7.8% of his combined pass and run blocks, the worst rate among offensive linemen with 300 or more snaps.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/2/26/21154290/eagles-jason-peters-andre-dillard-starting-left-tackle-offensive-philadelphia-nfl-draft-2019-news

That’s not so encouraging.

I'm not a PFF is th gospel guy, but still..................

This isn’t surprising considering Dillard played at Washington State under Mike Leach.  The transition for some of those guys is rough.  They simply aren’t asked to do a lot of the things necessary to be a good NFL tackle in college.  It’s a different world for some of these kids. 

• Upvote 1

i can't see the daft picks part of the trade. Dillard struggled enough to where its a lot more probable we could get a better tackle by sticking at 11. I would consider a josh rosen type of deal where we move down in the second round and swap 2nd rounders with the eagles for taking on jeffreys contract and diillard